1086 value

Went and looked at a 1980 1086 tractor that’s coming up on an auction later this month for a friend. Very sharp tractor. Everything checked out on it and the interior with the exception of the lower was excellent and original. The hours are not correct on it as the auctioneer said that has been replaced. Shifting linkage was nice and tight. Even had the original sears seat in it. I ran the tractor and everything seemed good but the ta is slipping and will need redone. Tractor sells as is with no duals or front weights. Has two sets on the rear though. Any ideas on price? Besides needing a TA I could not find anything wrong with the tractor and it was one of the nicer 1086s that I’ve ever seen. Just wondered what everyone else’s thoughts were. 

0467A95A-C146-43F0-A64E-71A3C8AC8271.jpeg

6E6FBC53-BA95-4E92-8BCA-A4A40C3B4153.jpeg

75FCF0A8-8167-4B96-9FE3-F6FC9CA67913.jpeg

EDD779C9-D0C8-4523-97C3-E1204D2A3C61.jpeg

8055BBFB-3EF8-4351-B508-CD903458269E.jpeg

1539D032-BD42-4D94-9846-A45D787E4B60.jpeg

EFD83B96-16DC-444C-A01C-77504620AD77.jpeg

AC62DB79-AACC-4D15-85A0-6EBCB41AA679.jpeg

• Like 1

That carpet floor mat is priceless!

Sure wish I would have bought a spare back in the 80's. My 1980 1086 has the maroon interior.

2 minutes ago, ole 815 said:

That carpet floor mat is priceless!

Sure wish I would have bought a spare back in the 80's. My 1980 1086 has the maroon interior.

Yes the floor mat was excellent condition, most I’ve seen are tore up or shot. I was amazed how good of shape it was along with the seat. Guy took good care of it. Has a couple other ih pieces that were excellent shape as well

10 minutes ago, Cummings1486 said:

According to the serial it’s an 80. What makes it look like an 81 versus 80?

Decals, shift lever grips, and the  hydraulic filter under frame rail is what caught my eye...

Edit- and the metric front bolster 

12-15k in my area with the ta out.

20k+ if the ta worked.

Nice 10 for sure. Especially don't believe what those data centers say even if they are working. They were a joke. As you did, look at all wear areas. Can guess pretty close how much it's been used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably very dependent on location. I asked the service manager at the local dealership a couple months ago about cost to do a T/A and he said $7K. Do it yourself and it’s a lot better. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting that it has the late stripe decals, metric bolster, hydraulic filter, late shifters, but I don't see the 3 levers in the cab for the PPH hydraulics.  Did they make a few transition models?  Or am I missing them in the cab photo?

Gotta go by serial number to be exact year I sold my '80 yr 1086 afew yrs ago was fully weighted had factory duals western cab  and field ready but had 8000 hrs for 16,500 

1086 pic.JPG

• Like 1

Jus curious if its actually an '80, how close is to serial #51671. Thats when '81 model year started.

That cab interior looks as it would clean up to new condition. Jus replace foam around seat. Nice!

11 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Interesting that it has the late stripe decals, metric bolster, hydraulic filter, late shifters, but I don't see the 3 levers in the cab for the PPH hydraulics.  Did they make a few transition models?  Or am I missing them in the cab photo?

They are there, hard to see

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

They are there, I just didn’t get them In the pic that good

40 minutes ago, ole 815 said:

Jus curious if its actually an '80, how close is to serial #51671. Thats when '81 model year started.

That cab interior looks as it would clean up to new condition. Jus replace foam around seat. Nice!

The serial on it is 50471. Would make it an 80. And it is very sharp interior. Was very impressed 

• Like 1

a year ago in November this '80 10, sold with the TA out, brought $7000 at a consignment sale.  6300 hours,  new upper and lower cab kits, original seat side panels and carpet, axle duals.  Just down the row was a comparable early one sold with a working TA. It brought $9500.  I'm sure  both tractors would do better now with the strength in the current grain markets

DSC00892.JPG

3 hours ago, ole 815 said:

Decals, shift lever grips, and the  hydraulic filter under frame rail is what caught my eye...

Edit- and the metric front bolster 

My 1980 1086 was a Tri-Stripe.