1456 fuel tank to filter line picture needed please.

pirlbeck

I am making a new fuel line from the tank shut off valve to the fuel filter inlet for my 1456 and would like to see a few shots of the factory line if anyone would have one available. My line has been cut off and a hose installed part way in-between, but the front part that is left don't look like it is shaped correctly. I looked it up on the parts listing and the picture they have drawn is not a lot of help either.  They do not list a part number of the OEM line, but I would guess a 1256 would be the same. 

Here is a picture of what I have on the tractor now. I don't think the 90 bend on the filter base end is correct for this line or I would copy the parts of the line I have and just build it with the same shape I have on the ends and just guess on the shape of the missing part.

Thanks!

IMG_3604.JPG

• pirlbeck changed the title to 1456 fuel tank to filter line picture needed please.
12 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Mine has kind of a s-bend to it..........Not sure if that is right or not, but what is on mine.  Will grab a picture later today(Someone may beat me to it though).

Although my  picture does not show it very well, this one has a pretty tight 180 bend back at the shut off bend, which I think is correct. I don't think an S bend would be needed to get it routed, but they may of made it that way for vibration and resistance to cracking.

A picture would be a great help.

Thanks for your reply!

From the parts book....don't look like it was ever offered through the parts system as a replacement part. It tells you to use a 22" chunk of 3/8" tubing and a couple inverted flare nuts and make it accordingly.

1456 fuel line.PNG

I forgot while doing chores, Its out sitting in mother natures shed in the barn lot(Waiting on parts for the starter).  This is what was on it as long as I had it, whether its right or not is for debate.  And yes, the temp probe isn't right, but not messing with that until it is rebuilt;)

line.jpg.c915ae801fc94283717eac00676fe1d3.jpg

line1.jpg.bfc12a881a5096465778945c1893017b.jpg

line2.jpg.48f614a8d64db1e35a268e5f3f2adb65.jpg

That makes perfect sense given what I have left of the OEM line still on there. Maybe there was a reason IH felt they needed to keep it tucked in under the fuel tank directly to the rear of the engine. But I can't think of any attachment/option that it could interfere with. Or maybe it was to lessen the chance of vibration or cracking as I mentioned above.

Anyway thanks a bunch...that is exactly what I needed to finish fabricating one.

3 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Haywire that 1026 line looks just like mine.  

I agree that the basic shape of the line looks very similar, but the routing is different. I THINK the the routing of TP's line looks more "correct" then Haywires.

5 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Every one of my 407 engines except ones with factory installed belly tank have the same line. Belly tank style has bleeder before filter. An 856 CUSTOM might have a different line since it has 37 gal fuel tank. 

20210111_122205.jpg

20210111_122659.jpg

20210111_122111.jpg

Thanks Long, those pictures will help a bunch.

9 hours ago, acem said:

I think those might be the same lines installed in a different rotation. My 1456 had a rubber line. Thx-Ace

Yes, I think you are correct.

It seems like these lines get bent, modified and screwed up all to often, mostly from sloppy workmanship.

Archived