Thanks to the moderator

gonzo 1066

12 hours ago, farmall666 said:

I POSTED BEFORE YOU..YUPP ITS SICKING. I MEAN THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE FOR IT. NOT HERE. I REPORTED TO THE MONERATOR..EVERY POLITIC POST.

Did you turn your neighbors in for having too many people at Thanksgiving dinner also?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I agree with this sentiment MOSTLY.    I would rather not know your religion, political views, sexual orientation or how much you need guns.    I need to know about your love of machinery, your knowledge of engines and the tractors that interest you. (this seems to be the mission statement of RP)   Politics discussions ONLY drive a wedge, they do not change minds.  There are enough places to madden each other.   IMHO

Good post I agree

Gonzo 

may I suggest RP General IH page ,talk all about engines , feel free to ask specific questions about engines.

Or go to restorations page post your project and entice people to talk about your interest .

you don’t need the coffee shop page , when was the last time you walked into a coffee shop and controlled the conversation ? You would be kicked out by seat of your pants.

every so often you seem compelled to come whine on coffee shop seeking  censorship of sorts , or complaining we are not up to your standards. Like you are the washed one here !

you don’t need to tell us your politics , beliefs, religion , you carry it on your sleeve!

Feel free to go pound sand elsewhere 

tony

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

It’s the coffee shop. To me that is just like the coop in the morning where all the older guys would sit for hours and talk. They would leave for lunch, go check cows, and come back in the afternoon for more gossip in the winter. They talked news, equipment, told jokes, and stories. If they didn’t want to hear what was being talked about they would leave. That’s what this place is hence the name coffee shop. 
  I’m glad this place exist with different opinions, experiences, and topics and I’m glad to have the opportunity to participate. This page is never deleted from my phone and only refreshed to see what’s current. I’m on here more than any other site to see if anything interest me. If I don’t see anything I care to read I move on to something else instead of telling anyone we need to talk about what I want to talk about. Half the time I don’t even know what I want to talk about. If I have some questions I’ll post a thread and ask you guys about your experience or knowledge. 
  As for the politics of it. I understand where Bj is coming from. It can get heated fast and he does a good job of getting rid of it if it starts to get out of hand. Thank you Bj for leaving a few up so we can discus these things. I feel it’s important to discus but not all of us have someone to talk to about them. I could call someone but I’m not one to talk on the phone much and after awhile of hearing someone gab in my ear it puts me in a bad mood cause all I can think about is what I need to be doing. I can’t be rude cause it’s probably a loved one I’m talking to and I’m not about to hurt them or tell them to shut up. My wife also doesn’t want to talk about it. She’s not into politics or some current events like I am and I’m glad she’s not. She’s my get away from real world troubles at the end of the day and if that’s what we talked at home I’d have no relief. On here we can voice and if we want to hear opinions or experiences and walk away to come back later without making anyone mad unless we say to much. 
  There are some great people here that I feel like I’ve known my whole life but they’re across the country or even across the big ponds and I still get to visit with them like we’re next door neighbors. 

sorry for the novel but this is what RPF coffee shop is to me. I haven’t been here more than a few years but I’m glad I found this place. Thanks Bj for making it happen. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tmtbob said:

I’m on here more than any other site to see if anything interest me. If I don’t see anything I care to read I move on to something else instead of telling anyone we need to talk about what I want to talk about.

X2 I read alot of the threads but won't reply. Always checking this forum as time allows me. Great forum and would hate to see it proofed.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

X2 I read alot of the threads but won't reply. Always checking this forum as time allows me. Great forum and would hate to see it proofed.

X3 

I hardly get anything read lately. I read the political posts and I don't usually respond to many. 

Sometimes I agree with them, sometime it doesn't

I have a lot of respect for Gonzo.

He has been a great asset to this forum.

He has EARNED that respect from me, not a given just because he`s a member.

Now, on the other hand, the Cash man started this whole debacle and probably sat back and laughed. 

Yes, he`s a newer member and was welcomed by many when he came on board.

But to light this fire as he knew how to do so during these uneasy times sticks in my craw.

I`ll remember this stunt. 

Politics in our country is now and will be for some time on EVERYONE`S mind. 

And PMs are a great way to share your discontent with members who stir the pot. 

Not poofing everything that you don`t like or agree with.

That`s BJs call, not ours. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MTO said:

Now, on the other hand, the Cash man started this whole debacle and probably sat back and laughed. 

Yes, he`s a newer member and was welcomed by many when he came on board.

But to light this fire as he knew how to do so during these uneasy times sticks in my craw.

I`ll remember this stunt. 

Politics in our country is now and will be for some time on EVERYONE`S mind. 

And PMs are a great way to share your discontent with members who stir the pot. 

Not poofing everything that you don`t like or agree with.

That`s BJs call, not ours. 

As long as you’re thinking of me I am happy.

So to correct you... I didn’t start this. You guys/girls were fanning the BS about you know who way too long. It was sickening, this is a forum about international trucks/tractors and other equipment. You MTO and others constantly kept talking politics. I just got tired of it and according to alot of my PM’s so did other members.  Contrary to popular belief not everyone is from the USA. So when a section about everything except politics is taken over with this complete foolishness over and over I got tired of it  

I have dropped in on Red Power for many years, although never posted much. I would at times go months without looking because I knew at one time politics was strictly forbidden topic.

I was pleased a few months back I thought to myself what the heck’ let’s see what on Red Power, and lo and behold there were a couple political threads. 

I have been visiting a lot more the past few months, glad I ‘re-found Red Power’, hope I’m not soon disappointed.

• Like 1

There is a time and place for everything. I respect this form and think highly of the members, but anyone who doesn’t think were in a struggle for our freedoms I believe is sadly mistaken. In times like these anyway to help each other to communicate is very important when there shutting down every avenue they can. Even the liberal view point to persuade me it’s gonna be alright is better than no info at all. Are we not Americans. Our fathers fought for the right to have your opinion valued. Thanks to all 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Lets hope the Covid crap and the political turmoil ends soon and the divisive politics end. wishfulthinking but a guy has to dream

real sad to see guys get heated about something unrelated to the reason we all came here

2 hours ago, lightninboy said:

I wouldn't mind if any other government was a lively topic on this forum. I might learn something or be entertained.

A few years ago there was a thread about the genocide going on in Africa 

2 hours ago, Cashonlycycles said:

You MTO and others constantly kept talking politics. I just got tired of it and according to alot of my PM’s so did other members.  Contrary to popular belief not everyone is from the USA. So when a section about everything except politics is taken over with this complete foolishness over and over I got tired of it  

May I make a suggestion, when you see a topic not of your forte`, try what I do.

Go to another topic.

I`m wound like a clock spring when I awake.

Don`t flatter yourself. 

Oh and btw, there was ample time on your "WoW" poofed thread to reply to my simple question. 

That was hurtful you ignored it....... sniff. 

Just keep your eyes peeled for the next few days/weeks. 

See what us US dummies can muster. 

As Paul Harvey said, "Good day!"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Did you turn your neighbors in for having too many people at Thanksgiving dinner also?

Here is a laff, up here we have a city press for the dozen or so cities encompassed by the "lower mainland" branding, from the water to chilliwack. So the main firm is called black press and they cover each city with its own editorial page which express local concerns by the locals, they also put a weekly poll in asking a pertinent query about a current subject that is answered by a phone in answer to machine.

When our glory seeking gov't brought out their plan to penalize and fine families with more than six participants I commented here, then the press had a poll on how many peeps would turn in a neighbour for 6 or more peeps.

The poll had quite a few answering and ended up 15% yes to 85% no, the next week two people answering were chastising all those saying no. Why? My health is more important than anyone having a party, I think we all should hunker down and do what we are told, no reasoning of asking why or how come, nope, just phone the cops, how do you spell a**hole? Kanadian politicians!!! And bring on more koolaid.

After that the great minds running Quebec have installed an 8 pm to 5 am curfew, the ontario gov't is contemplating the same maneuver, fines from 1500.00 to 6000.00 dollars for non compliance, and increased police surveillance will follow, the year of the rat doesn't end until February 11th, but I'm feeling it's going to last a lot longer up here.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Here is a laff, up here we have a city press for the dozen or so cities encompassed by the "lower mainland" branding, from the water to chilliwack. So the main firm is called black press and they cover each city with its own editorial page which express local concerns by the locals, they also put a weekly poll in asking a pertinent query about a current subject that is answered by a phone in answer to machine.

When our glory seeking gov't brought out their plan to penalize and fine families with more than six participants I commented here, then the press had a poll on how many peeps would turn in a neighbour for 6 or more peeps.

The poll had quite a few answering and ended up 15% yes to 85% no, the next week two people answering were chastising all those saying no. Why? My health is more important than anyone having a party, I think we all should hunker down and do what we are told, no reasoning of asking why or how come, nope, just phone the cops, how do you spell a**hole? Kanadian politicians!!! And bring on more koolaid.

After that the great minds running Quebec have installed an 8 pm to 5 am curfew, the ontario gov't is contemplating the same maneuver, fines from 1500.00 to 6000.00 dollars for non compliance, and increased police surveillance will follow, the year of the rat doesn't end until February 11th, but I'm feeling it's going to last a lot longer up here.

We have a member of our church who's son in law is a minister in Ontario. I guess having a church service is a real pain. You have to wear mask and can only hum to the music. Lots of paperwork involved as well. Once they break out in "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" I guarantee my mask would be on the floor and no humming. Remember Paul and Silas sang Hymns to God while in prison.  

20 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

We have a member of our church who's son in law is a minister in Ontario. I guess having a church service is a real pain. You have to wear mask and can only hum to the music. Lots of paperwork involved as well. Once they break out in "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" I guarantee my mask would be on the floor and no humming. Remember Paul and Silas sang Hymns to God while in prison.  

Some of the church groups in bc are taking action against the instituted bans, politicos can fritter their time on going away, making new rules for the public, I like the fact someone is going against the grain with these morons, quebec dished out hundreds of fines equaling thousands of dollars over the weekend,  oh ya, also, the spineless one took a run at trump for the fiasco last week, our columnist types are surprised he has a spine except it is to late.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:51 AM, jass1660 said:

Hmmmmm, if a post doesn’t interest me I just don’t click on it and read it....

^^^^^^^ this right here, read it 4 or 5 times out loud!

If people of this country would mind their owned damned business, people wouldn't be so fired up, leave people alone to live their life and do as they wish, quit trying to control us!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MTO said:

May I make a suggestion, when you see a topic not of your forte`, try what I do.

Go to another topic.

I`m wound like a clock spring when I awake.

Don`t flatter yourself. 

Oh and btw, there was ample time on your "WoW" poofed thread to reply to my simple question. 

That was hurtful you ignored it....... sniff. 

Just keep your eyes peeled for the next few days/weeks. 

See what us US dummies can muster. 

As Paul Harvey said, "Good day!"

Mark,

Did Paul Harvey stop there? I thought it was more along the lines of:

” Good day, and now good riddance...”? 
perhaps I’m mistaken???

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Mark,

Did Paul Harvey stop there? I thought it was more along the lines of:

” Good day, and now good riddance...”? 
perhaps I’m mistaken???