A lifelong friend of mine is a State Trooper here in Illinois. He sent me a copy of House Bill 163 a couple days ago and asked me to read it. This proposed bill will take funding and many of the rights away from police officers, also holding them liable (even more so) for any violent actions they take while on duty. This will allow money hungry lawyers into the mix to sue officers on behalf of families where any sort of violence has occurred by the police officer even when it is totally justified. This link is a petition circulating in IL currently to hopefully stop house bill 163 and keep those who protect us safe. Please consider looking this over and if you are an Illinois resident, I ask that you consider signing the petition. It took me a few tries to load it but this proves that the chaos is going on at a state level also and not just nationally.

https://www.ilfop.org/stop-bill-hb-163/

Thanks for your time,
Todd

• Sad 4
14 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

If they truck votes into my state, maybe I could sign the petition in your state?

Sadly, that’s a reasonable possibility...  Dead people have been voting in this state for decades. It’s not a new thing

I hope that bill doesn't get anywhere.  The police officers have their backs to the wall already. They need us to back them.  The only thing I am in favor of defunding or not protecting is the motor carrier enforcement police.  Send those ******** home for good. 

• Like 3

Wasn't it just a couple years ago the fuel cards wouldn't work for the patrol because the bill wasn't paid that's about the same as defunding. I was in Illinois twice last year think I could vote?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

If they truck votes into my state, maybe I could sign the petition in your state?

Count me in too. I can sign up for a couple thousand ballots  ....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bitty said:

Count me in too. I can sign up for a couple thousand ballots  ....

52 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Sadly, that’s a reasonable possibility...  Dead people have been voting in this state for decades. It’s not a new thing

• Sad 1

For the record, this is an online petition, name, zip code, year of birth, e-mail address, and hit submit.

No paper, no SS#, no phone numbers, and no personal info asked for other than what I listed above.  I don’t trust the system any more than the rest of you, especially in this state, but this one is pretty simple. I’m trying to educate the people of my state, that they might consider helping out the people that protect us. 

• Like 3

I'm think if the fools in DC push much harder there going to get more than a broken window at the capital, defunding the police just pushes them to the other side. Bad move on there part.

11 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

A lifelong friend of mine is a State Trooper here in Illinois. He sent me a copy of House Bill 163 a couple days ago and asked me to read it. This proposed bill will take funding and many of the rights away from police officers, also holding them liable (even more so) for any violent actions they take while on duty. This will allow money hungry lawyers into the mix to sue officers on behalf of families where any sort of violence has occurred by the police officer even when it is totally justified. This link is a petition circulating in IL currently to hopefully stop house bill 163 and keep those who protect us safe. Please consider looking this over and if you are an Illinois resident, I ask that you consider signing the petition. It took me a few tries to load it but this proves that the chaos is going on at a state level also and not just nationally.

https://www.ilfop.org/stop-bill-hb-163/

Thanks for your time,
Todd

The first thing I found in 163 after you posted this was the elimination of cash bail, which doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me all together.  I don’t think it’s right that 2 people that do the same thing and 1 person has 50k gets to be free while awaiting trial and the other goes to jail, both people have not been convicted of anything yet to that point.   But as an Illinois resident I’ll dig deeper into it because had no idea this was even in process.   Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1