farmall land

mmi

just got the notice from giard

round 3 is off  to a much better start on tractors.....some one has money or is the USSA going to be that great with no bussiness or jobs

bTW what is real world $ on a stored 40 yrs trailer electral?

where those designed for barn power vs running equipment?

2 hours ago, 5488ih said:

This is the 3rd auction. They have been selling off tractors, heavy.

They are selling EVERYTHING. Complete contents if building is being dispersed. Will probably be at least 2 more sales.. Not just simply selling tractors. 

Seems so sad.  Literally his entire life.  From trinkets to 8 wheelers.  All that effort to find and get then clean up or restore and now a online set of pics.  Like need more dignity....?  A big Meacum like sale or something maybe.  I wonder overall if it will be a money maker or taker?  I am sure some things be good return but alot be loser $wise.  Lets face it the pool of old IH guys aunt growing.  Like how H and M are slowly dropping in value and 86-88 are raising.  Generational thing.  Heck i can see myself if i ever make it big.... restoring a 7120.  It was the poster tractor when i was in jr. High.  There is a nice nice one on trade locally.  35000.... if milk was 20+ is snatch it.  No idea a practiacl use.  But would not hurt me to let go of the 1066 for her.  No one i knew had a 66.  Finding our old 886 be neat too of course 

• Like 1

I would think it would really take a toll on a guy seeing his collection go. and after the isolation in this case . maybe easier when you are a senior and know your days are numbered ? I feel for him in that sense

The local auctioneers claim they are getting record prices for the online sales they are having. 

• Thanks 1

Yeap, 2 more auctions. February & March. Only a couple items have really caught my eyes sofar. Would be nice to see what’s on the next 2 auctions now. Just to see if there is something else that I should be saving my money for. 

705CCCCF-840D-4F66-ABD7-CA637B55E827.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hillman said:

The local auctioneers claim they are getting record prices for the online sales they are having. 

there are ONLY 3 in the region they will be going weekly again when nice out

but  "they" are the seller of at least 30%, and it always goes high $$$ and gets a new # next week if needed.

if you want your item sold you must bid and pay to win, if not it goes for .001

that is why "THEY" never publish the results or buyers faux name    BS on private.

we pulled everything as they also refuse to post good detail photos and info

7 hours ago, mmi said:

there are ONLY 3 in the region they will be going weekly again when nice out

but  "they" are the seller of at least 30%, and it always goes high $$$ and gets a new # next week if needed.

if you want your item sold you must bid and pay to win, if not it goes for .001

that is why "THEY" never publish the results or buyers faux name    BS on private.

we pulled everything as they also refuse to post good detail photos and info

I put a bunch of things in an online auction in the fall. I got 2 -3 times more money than I would have expected for some things. was very happy but I think it is a fad. guys bidding on things they have not seen in person may be very disappointed when they pickup the items. I think live auctions are better and a great social outing 

The collectables seem to be going well on the Farmall Land auctions from what I have seen. 

If it's a fad, there is no more perfect time to sell than right now when it's at its perceived peak. Frankly, I think this is just starting.

NOTHING is going cheap right now, and it's getting worse.

The couple of exclusively live auctions I went to last year were pretty pathetic. Low turnout. Hard time getting bids. Low prices.

We may see the end of live auctions. Auctioneers would be fools to go back to live auctions when the prices from the online auctions are that much better. They hold auctions to make money; they could give a hoot about the social aspect. If they're bringing in more dollars with less work, that's the way they're going to go...

When all is said and done, I believe the Mez's will have several million dollars to console themselves with. They'll be crying all the way to the bank.

I was talking with one of the bigger local auctioneers and he said despite the high prices they are eager to get back to live auctions. But they do their auctions live and online . something like Farmall Land almost has to be online to offer it up to enough buyers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

If it's a fad, there is no more perfect time to sell than right now when it's at its perceived peak. Frankly, I think this is just starting.

NOTHING is going cheap right now, and it's getting worse.

The couple of exclusively live auctions I went to last year were pretty pathetic. Low turnout. Hard time getting bids. Low prices.

We may see the end of live auctions. Auctioneers would be fools to go back to live auctions when the prices from the online auctions are that much better. They hold auctions to make money; they could give a hoot about the social aspect. If they're bringing in more dollars with less work, that's the way they're going to go...

When all is said and done, I believe the Mez's will have several million dollars to console themselves with. They'll be crying all the way to the bank.

Matt, I attended a number of 'live' auctions last year. Some were live/online. I would say they were all very well attended. Could have something to do with location?

One of the sales took place just before the big wind storm, it was easily the most lucrative one that particular auctioneer has had that I've attended. He should have sold two rings all day! It was after 6 when I left, they still had a rack and a half to sell!

18 hours ago, hillman said:

I would think it would really take a toll on a guy seeing his collection go. and after the isolation in this case . maybe easier when you are a senior and know your days are numbered ? I feel for him in that sense

Jerry told me that the museum was a big investment of time.  Hard to travel, spend time with grandkids, attend tractor shows/ parades, etc.  To maintain the museum properly and give the guests the best experience was a full time job for him and his volunteers.   The last season it was open was the only year that it covered the operating expenses. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 10:34 AM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Jerry told me that the museum was a big investment of time.  Hard to travel, spend time with grandkids, attend tractor shows/ parades, etc.  To maintain the museum properly and give the guests the best experience was a full time job for him and his volunteers.   The last season it was open was the only year that it covered the operating expenses. 

I don't doubt that Jerry and all his people had full time jobs 7 days a week keeping the museum clean, new exibits set up.

The buddy I went thru with had been there a couple years before, and was the only visitor there that day. Day we went think I read on-line there was over 500 paid attendance on Sept. 12.  We got there before it opened, and was still a line of people waiting to get in about Noon when we left. Parking lot was packed, and the street into the parking lot and the other lots on the east side of the street south of FARMALL LAND.

I'm sure glad I went!