These are pretty dern good. Had it for two years at work never let us down 138C1D79-4C0D-424D-B03C-5225ED475D50.thumb.png.e678cf4d077527addee2b049a3e675ce.pngif the 12v don’t get it. A short shot of 24v will.  Or it didn’t need to happen anyway lol.   

I didn’t realize the good ones were so high. No wonder why mine wasn’t lasting long I must have been buying junk.

• Haha 1

The Jump n Carry like dannyredfan posted are good, the one we had at work was only 12V,  I use a Booster PAC brand, had them at work and at home, on my second one and within the year I’ll buy my third, they last about 5 years of peak performance, they get weaker with age

56FA022D-94DF-4101-B917-6288AD7061A1.thumb.jpeg.b881470027f4c6ba8369684357f2ea3a.jpeg

I’m usually starting gasoline vehicles, so it doesn’t see frequent heavy diesel  use but will start a heavy Diesel engine, where I worked we had the same brand of PAC that was much larger, intended for frequent heavy use and it wasn’t worth the extra weight and money, if the smaller one didn’t start it it wasn’t going to start hahaha, the Jump N Carry and Rescue brand packs charge port is a common plug, just put an extension cord on it, the PAC brand like I have has an AC adapter lightweight specific type of charge cord, here’s a picture of the Rescue brand 

D93683F2-56BB-4407-AF30-5CB13633D5FD.thumb.png.c4846636e1200aa216dad1a9171c4fc8.png

we had an 1800 model and it was a good one, had more longevity than the PAC for extreme cranking, but much heavier to carry, it would be what I would suggest for a farmer to start the occasional dead tractor, like when you only turn off the fuel and not the ignition, and it’s below zero, the Rescue is the better pack for a six cylinder diesel, but power to weight the PAC that I have is the best thing going in my experience, the smaller ones have their place, buddy of mine has one in his side by side, handy thing to have, some of the small ones can pack a good punch a couple of times, you have to push the button for it to ready itself, but if you stop cranking you have to go back to the pack and push the button again, not constant power, small packs have their place but they are like booster cables or a 12V air compressor in awe factor, a Jump N Carry, Rescue or Booster PAC rated 1400 amp and up will start anything that you want to start, stone dead battery, seized alternator and all, they are awesome 

4 hours ago, ky966boy said:

What’s everybody use for jump box I’m thinking I need one , found these can these little things really work.9F2C55B9-A38D-4AD7-AC8C-22E1109493DF.thumb.png.1d8aadeba066c699536fe8f9a2f751e2.png

I bought everyone a GB40 for Christmas one year, great to keep in the car, on the boat etc. 

1 hour ago, IHKeith said:

The Jump n Carry like dannyredfan posted are good, the one we had at work was only 12V,  I use a Booster PAC brand, had them at work and at home, on my second one and within the year I’ll buy my third, they last about 5 years of peak performance, they get weaker with age

56FA022D-94DF-4101-B917-6288AD7061A1.thumb.jpeg.b881470027f4c6ba8369684357f2ea3a.jpeg

I’m usually starting gasoline vehicles, so it doesn’t see frequent heavy diesel  use but will start a heavy Diesel engine, where I worked we had the same brand of PAC that was much larger, intended for frequent heavy use and it wasn’t worth the extra weight and money, if the smaller one didn’t start it it wasn’t going to start hahaha, the Jump N Carry and Rescue brand packs charge port is a common plug, just put an extension cord on it, the PAC brand like I have has an AC adapter lightweight specific type of charge cord, here’s a picture of the Rescue brand 

D93683F2-56BB-4407-AF30-5CB13633D5FD.thumb.png.c4846636e1200aa216dad1a9171c4fc8.png

we had an 1800 model and it was a good one, had more longevity than the PAC for extreme cranking, but much heavier to carry, it would be what I would suggest for a farmer to start the occasional dead tractor, like when you only turn off the fuel and not the ignition, and it’s below zero, the Rescue is the better pack for a six cylinder diesel, but power to weight the PAC that I have is the best thing going in my experience, the smaller ones have their place, buddy of mine has one in his side by side, handy thing to have, some of the small ones can pack a good punch a couple of times, you have to push the button for it to ready itself, but if you stop cranking you have to go back to the pack and push the button again, not constant power, small packs have their place but they are like booster cables or a 12V air compressor in awe factor, a Jump N Carry, Rescue or Booster PAC rated 1400 amp and up will start anything that you want to start, stone dead battery, seized alternator and all, they are awesome 

i think the one we have is an 1800, been good, whips the backhoes over from nothing, jumps the 3208 cat from a dead battery no trouble. 

• Like 1

Got a smaller one for wife's Durango, don't remember number.

This is the one I carry. It is nice to know I will not be stranded in town when I crawl out of the truck at two in the morning. 

Also takes up less space than a good set of jumper cables. 

Also use it on tractors instead of dragging out batt charger at home

Damn handy and glad I have it.

IMG_20210105_230648961.thumb.jpg.9c16e52cf698a867656744b71deb5d9f.jpg

• Like 1

4,000 amps should restart Grandpa and he died in 1972.

• Haha 2

Dad has one of the little ones he carries in the sled for snowmobile trips. Works great. Had it for 3 years now.

I've got the same BoosterPac that IHKeith showed. It didn't quite have enough to start the Hydro 186 but it starts gas powered engines just fine.

Ive had mine for at least 6 years now, works like the day I got it. Wasn't cheap but it starts whatever you clamp it to. It is a Schumacher PSJ-3612 I think I paid about $400 for it and its worth every penny.

When there's 6 dead tractors in front of that one that you just have to play with that day... it will start all the smaller tractors with no battery at all.

like most tools Heavy Duty Is better but cost More, I have a booster-Pac and it works fine on about anything with a single battery

I made my own for jumin the big stuff