❓Wheres the Mapp Gas ?‍♂️

560Dennis

Went to four stores before I found it at TCS . $14.99 ,last one they had . I guess there’s a shortage . 
Wanted to make a choke rod for the Fordson , Ran out on the throttle control rods. Thought I’d goes get some at hemley hardware , out. Well spent a restoration afternoon just looking ? fo4 a tank of mapp gas. That’s y , I don’t get upset, when they ask what takes so long to restore a tractor. 85 percent of the time is looking for stuff. 

• Like 1

I saw it in Lowe's yesterday.  Can't remember the price.  i was still in shock from the prices of the lumber I was buying.  1x3x8 clear pine was $7.08.  Guess where it was from!  New Zealand!!  You mean they can cut i mill it, dry it and ship it half way around the world for less than we can cut pine in Virginia??? Really???

• Thanks 1

Rawleigh99, Did you get that clear lumber at Menard's by any chance? I know all their clear stuff comes from New Zealand. I get all my clear pine from Menard's for face frames, drawer fronts, cabinet door rails and stiles, etc. (anything that is going to be painted). It is good stuff, and it stains well also.

All I can find is the tall skinny cylinder, which don't like to stay standing. I haven't seen a short, squat one anywhere.

On 1/4/2021 at 5:59 PM, dads706 said:

Rawleigh99, Did you get that clear lumber at Menard's by any chance? I know all their clear stuff comes from New Zealand. I get all my clear pine from Menard's for face frames, drawer fronts, cabinet door rails and stiles, etc. (anything that is going to be painted). It is good stuff, and it stains well also.

Lowes.  I was just using them as bed slats so I did not need to finish them.  I just didn't want grain defects that would cause it to break one night!  LOL!

On 1/4/2021 at 5:59 PM, dads706 said:

I get all my hardwood for projects at a dealer. They have millions of board feet of lumber. I prefer to get if rough sawn so I can mill it as I need. 4/4 will most of the time jointed and planed to 7/8”. Gives me a chance to glue up wider pieces and then plane to 3/4”. Rough sawn is about 1/2 to 2/3 cost of the stuff from the big box stores