Outstanding movie scenes

Steve C.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Christmas Vacation - going for the world saucer sled land speed record, Clark W Griswold Jr.                                                           If I woke up with my head sewed to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now.                                                                                                              From Blazing Saddles- somebody go back and get a $hitload of dimes, Almost ruined a $400 hand car, if you shoot him you'll just make him mad,   pretty much the whole movie

The best TV series was DANGER MOUSE, a British cartoon series that poked fun at TV in general. They had a space ship that was a old 2 slice toaster pulled through  scene on visible fishing line. AND a commentator that often used  LINES like "DON'T WORRY LITTLE KIDDIES THIS IS A CARTOON AND DANGER MOUSE DID NOT GET BLOWN UP IN THE EXPLOSION", sort of like James Bond and John Wayne explained.  Another one was Sledge Hammer, series ended when they blew up the World with an atomic explosion.

6 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Couple from my favorite movie

And apparently YouTube finds the baby calf scene offensive because I can’t find it there

I love that movie! 

I have been thinking about this topic a couple days and cannot pinpoint just one scene in an old movie that I like.  Charles Bronson always had good movies but having not watched any in so long I cannot think of a specific scene.  An old movie like my wife's all time favorite Gone With the Wind had many good scenes in it.

57 minutes ago, Ihcubguy said:

I have been thinking about this topic a couple days and cannot pinpoint just one scene in an old movie that I like.  Charles Bronson always had good movies but having not watched any in so long I cannot think of a specific scene.  An old movie like my wife's all time favorite Gone With the Wind had many good scenes in it.

"Death Hunt '', perhaps ??.......where Bronson  leaps out over a cliff and catches himself in a conifer tree......and  tumbles to safety, from the pursuing    mob....!!!

...however, he left his Savage model 1899  rifle on the cliff top..... Good film  , though....

Mike

On 1/6/2021 at 1:02 PM, Frank H said:

Anything with Slim Pickens. Screw Clint Eastwood,  I like ol Slim.

Resized_20210101_084516.jpeg

A lot of people would say the yeehaw ride on the nuke in strangelove, for me the getaway when he gets steve and ali into mexico and sells them the truck, louis burton lindley jr. a real cowboy, loved him, just like another fave of mine ben johnson.

32 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

A lot of people would say the yeehaw ride on the nuke in strangelove, for me the getaway when he gets steve and ali into mexico and sells them the truck, louis burton lindley jr. a real cowboy, loved him, just like another fave of mine ben johnson.

32 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

....Ben Johnson....."The last great picture show '...story by Larry McMurtry......worth a look , Jake...if you haven't seen it 

Mike

12 minutes ago, mike newman said:

....Ben Johnson....."The last great picture show '...story by Larry McMurtry......worth a look , Jake...if you haven't seen it 

Mike

Ya, lotta names in that show, you talked about the pigs eating remains last week, have you seen  a flick called snatch, it has a great explanation on pigs eating habits. Pitt, Statham, del toro, a bunch of others, I think you would like it.

On 1/8/2021 at 2:27 PM, yellowrosefarm said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wilOpTZRkFY

Sean Connery in the Presidio bar fight. He didn't need a colt, he just used his thumb.

How do you guys get the movie in your post?

When you find it on you-toob you “copy link” and then paste it in your reply. On my phone, I hit the share button which is an arrow sweeping up and to the right, copy link, open this window back up and paste here.  

it gave me an error and tells me that you toob does not allow embedding of this video here. Maybe it wasn’t you after all? 

For those of us who are a bit long in the tooth.

Watch "The Straight Story" with Richard Farnsworth and Cissy Spacek.

The whole movie is beyond great and a true story

19 hours ago, exSW said:

"Or hang in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience"

" son since you haven't learned to respect your elders its time you learned to respect your betters" LOL

Archived