88 series seat to axle placement? NOW WITH EXPLICIT PHOTOGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!

Curious if anyone knows how far ahead of the center of the rear axle the back of the operators seat is on a 50-5288?

I would appreciate it,   Trying to place the cage and seat close to the right spot, that will tell me where to mount the hood. 

• Like 1

THANKS!!!!     Today I can start positioning the cage.    Can you get me a measurement from the center of the rear axle to the lower corner of the grill?

1 hour ago, gonzo 1066 said:

THANKS!!!!     Today I can start positioning the cage.    Can you get me a measurement from the center of the rear axle to the lower corner of the grill?

Ya give me a bit

I am dedicating New Year to Jan 7th for only working on the Puller tractor. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I am dedicating New Year to Jan 7th for only working on the Puller tractor. 

Keep us in some pics if you have time as you go please. 😊

I will try a different method for posting pix.   I got a new Phone apparently I my O/S is not compatible with the phone O/S.  

IRJN2442[1].JPG

JUJJ3277[1].JPG

UBQA2223[1].JPG

IMG_E2832[1].JPG

IMG_2948[1].JPG

IMG_2949[1].JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • gonzo 1066 changed the title to 88 series seat to axle placement? NOW WITH EXPLICIT PHOTOGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!

This is what mine look like.  Wil wood 4 piston calipers and these disks.  Work AWESOME   And the "yellow" part is magnesium and weighs 4 lbs  I also take the tapered bearings out and run sealed bearings allowing the bull pinion to "float" = less parasitic drag AND helps the rearend run free so it responds easily to brake pressure I dont know how elaborate Gonzo is gonna get but mine is substantially modified to eliminate problems and make it run free 4878E695-542E-46B2-A492-568219EBD078.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks great Bob , I think you will need one more pipe coming down from the cage to the frame connector /frame . Did you cut your hitch and brake disks out on your table ? 
Im redoing my tractor this winter so I might need to call you and visit . My buddy has a big computerized cutting table so I can get stuff cut out , 3 miles from the house 👍

‘Danny 

9 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

That looks like lots of fun changing axle bearings or seals with those hubs welded in place.. 

Yeah its a breeze to do.  Put new on with new seals and weld hubs where you need them  ez peezy  PLUS it never sees the feild for hours n hours n hours  ..................... yeah I know you see where this leads

4 hours ago, Wi Ih said:

What flavor trany ?

I have a 5 speed + reverse twin countershaft transmission that eliminates all of the stock transmission gears it drives directly to the pinion shaft..  Built by Atlas Tractor and very durable. 

Axle bearings are not a wear item on these tractors.     Pack them with a good synthetic grease  a new seal and all is good. 

The hitch on the tractor is from ACE chassis.

Atlas max transmission.jpg

1 hour ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I have a 5 speed + reverse twin countershaft transmission that eliminates all of the stock transmission gears it drives directly to the pinion shaft..  Built by Atlas Tractor and very durable. 

Axle bearings are not a wear item on these tractors.     Pack them with a good synthetic grease  a new seal and all is good. 

https://www.atlastractor.com/drive_line/atlasmax/

Nice work and thanks for the info 

Back in the day I turned out gear blanks at profab when Larry first started 

3 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Looks great Bob , I think you will need one more pipe coming down from the cage to the frame connector /frame . Did you cut your hitch and brake disks out on your table ? 
Im redoing my tractor this winter so I might need to call you and visit . My buddy has a big computerized cutting table so I can get stuff cut out , 3 miles from the house 👍

‘Danny 

I am re engineering the cage mount from how I bought it.    It was welded to a flat 1/8" plate.  Looked very sketchy to me.  So I am going to make it adjustable front to back and have the seat fixed in place.  Keeping me as far back in the cage as possible.   

The discs on this tractor are from Atlas, I cut discs out for the Massey 55 V-8 tractor    And have built a couple of hitches for friends.   My Torchmate cutting table will handle 5'X10' sheets of steel.   I have a gas torch head and have cut 1 1/2" steel for weights.