2021 is this the year the lights grow dim?

On 1/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, TractormanMike.mb said:

Remember the episode of the Simpson's when Mr Burns built a sun blocker. 

Sun Blocker, Remember a few years back during the solar eclipse and morons were putting sunscreen on their eye balls. ?

2 hours ago, Gearclash said:

And if they need more sun dimming I’m sure I can find some truck tires that would accomplish the same thing should they catch fire.

Tires are #1 on list if you got to get a fire going they make great signal smoke too.

Alias I guess that counts me out on standing with Bill to fight climate change I got to many skeletons in my fossil fuel closet 

6 hours ago, jordi 1455 said:

Dimming the sun would probably have influence on solar energy production. I think bill gates is playing both on the climate change on climate change, he plays the fossil fuels side and the big green. According of a lot off environmentalists telling computers will help with combating climate change and its known that bill gates is a shareholder in Microsoft who can profit from the demand for AI and computers, also he is investing a lot in so called green technology's what possible will be mandated by goverments an future ban on gas and diesel cars is an example. If you have the patent on a by the government mandated technology you can make a lot of money. We also known he investing in vaccine development and is pushing mandatory vaccination. There is a possibility that bil gates only cares about profit and power but he can be also an idealistic fool who has crazy beliefs and is very bad at marketing. My instinct tells me that he cares only about power and profit because i know humans are flawed and it's known that money and power corrupts human soul. I can be wrong, but it's hard to find people who don't get corrupted by money and power.

Locally in Sedro Woolley WA. AKA Skid row  Bill is involved with company called Janicki Industries, They do carbon fiber stuff,aircraft stuff also build a Omni Processor which I believe Bill Gates was involved with. Take human poo and make drinking water out of it. thought is could be used for Dairy Ops. Troy any takers ????

https://allsustainablesolutions.com/janicki-omniprocessor-the-advanced-all-in-one-technology-for-a-cleaner-earth/

18 hours ago, IHC_1470 said:

Maybe, maybe not. First you seem to assume that the list of donors is in financial order. If so then yes Gates is toward the bottom of the list, however I can not find where it states that as fact. Can you lead me in that direction? So unless we know in what order the list is made the best we can say is he is on the list of donors.

I had that but lost it while researching, so I cannot say or rather don't have the documentation to back it up. So, my bad, I should have captured it but I'm actually working so much I don't have time to go back. All I can add is that Mr. Gates is among 30 donors as posted.

The amount of Bill Gates fortune is staggering. Little guys like us have little idea where our money is when it's invested in an IRA or 401k. Mr. Gates undoubtedly has a fortune in private equity where the investments and sales are so involved no one can really know where their money is other than in the fund. How do I know that? I work for a private equity company! Billions are invested by wealthy individuals, state retirement funds, etc. The investors only know that the PE firm raises a fund, say 50 billion, gives a general target of the investments, perhaps real estate, tech, or pretty much anything, and they rely on the firms history of returns. The company I work for has had some funds return in excess of 30%. The investors have NO control of where the money is invested!

Mr. Gates has already given in excess of 50 billion to charity and has pledged, along with Warren Buffet, who despite giving billions to charity doesn't seem to be the target of as many conspiracy theories, and other billionaires, to give all or most of their fortunes away in the Giving Fund. The GF comes under some criticism  but in reality most of the actual giving doesn't happen until they die.

My point? Gates doesn't need any more money! He really can't give it away responsibly as fast as it accumulates. Why conspiracy theorists have latched onto his supposed want to control the world is a complete mystery yet FB and other social media, and far out websites keep spreading it. Is it envy of his wealth? Why doesn't he give it to me? Who knows?

You would think that with requirements they put on donations to the SCoPEx they would have at least looked behind the curtain on the donators investments.

Just the typical hypocrisy of the left do as we say not as we do.

Hopefully Bill is as upset as others are about him being tied into conspiracy theories just some pay back for all the grief his companies crappy products have given me over the years.

2 hours ago, New Englander said:

My point? Gates doesn't need any more money! He really can't give it away responsibly as fast as it accumulates. 

Bill could give it to government they have already proven it can be given away faster than it can be printed.

Its Uncle Sam he is a trust worthy guy. 

• Haha 4

The amount of Bill Gates fortune is staggering. Little guys like us have little idea where our money is when it's invested in an IRA or 401k. Mr. Gates undoubtedly has a fortune in private equity where the investments and sales are so involved no one can really know where their money is other than in the fund. How do I know that? I work for a private equity company! Billions are invested by wealthy individuals, state retirement funds, etc. The investors only know that the PE firm raises a fund, say 50 billion, gives a general target of the investments, perhaps real estate, tech, or pretty much anything, and they rely on the firms history of returns. The company I work for has had some funds return in excess of 30%. The investors have NO control of where the money is invested!

NE it is a nice theory that you have going there. Much of it is true, yet in this case about the investment in CN I question your theory. Look into Cascade Investment and see what you come up with. One would assume if it is controlled by Gates he has a pretty good idea what is going on. Do you NE have a pretty good idea what goes on with what you control? I certainly do with my stuff. 

Cascade Investment, L.L.C. is an American holding and investment company headquartered in Kirkland, Washington, United States. It is controlled by Bill Gates, and managed by Michael Larson.[2] More than half of Gates' fortune is held in assets outside his holding of Microsoft shares.[3] Cascade is the successor company to Dominion Income Management, the former investment vehicle for Gates' holdings, which was managed by Andrew Evans.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascade_Investment

Mr. Gates has already given in excess of 50 billion to charity and has pledged, along with Warren Buffet, who despite giving billions to charity doesn't seem to be the target of as many conspiracy theories, and other billionaires, to give all or most of their fortunes away in the Giving Fund. The GF comes under some criticism  but in reality most of the actual giving doesn't happen until they die.

My point? Gates doesn't need any more money! He really can't give it away responsibly as fast as it accumulates. Why conspiracy theorists have latched onto his supposed want to control the world is a complete mystery yet FB and other social media, and far out websites keep spreading it. Is it envy of his wealth? Why doesn't he give it to me? Who knows?

While Mr gates certainly has some goofy ideas in my opinion. Alot of what you said here is most likely true. My wife used to keep books for a foundation that puts wells in all over the world to help with clean water. This was funded by a highly paid movie star from this area. Most of the money in this instance went to the guy they hired to run it. She would tell of him spending 30 to 50 thousand a month for entertaining. Almost none of the money actually went to what the foundation was started for. While a lot of these charities sound good id say most of these people actually have no idea where their money is going. And if it is actually being used for more than funding a director. 

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, IHC_1470 said:

NE it is a nice theory that you have going there. Much of it is true, yet in this case about the investment in CN I question your theory. Look into Cascade Investment and see what you come up with. One would assume if it is controlled by Gates he has a pretty good idea what is going on. Do you NE have a pretty good idea what goes on with what you control? I certainly do with my stuff. 

Cascade Investment, L.L.C. is an American holding and investment company headquartered in Kirkland, Washington, United States. It is controlled by Bill Gates, and managed by Michael Larson.[2] More than half of Gates' fortune is held in assets outside his holding of Microsoft shares.[3] Cascade is the successor company to Dominion Income Management, the former investment vehicle for Gates' holdings, which was managed by Andrew Evans.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascade_Investment

I'm well aware of Cascade. Cascade has in excess of 110 Billion under management; Mr. Gates has in excess of 40 Billion under management at Cascade. More than half the money under management at Cascade is not Mr. Gates' so you cannot use the number you quoted for CN, something often quoted but incorrect as Cascade is not exclusively for Bill Gates but he is listed as controller. I personally doubt he has much to do with day to day operations and his involvement is likely the recipient of monthly reports. With the money supply assured it's quite likely Mr. Gates' day to day is focused upon the foundation and third world children's health and his environment concerns.

If you know exactly where your money is then you're doing all your management and do not invest in mutual funds or possess a 401k, 403b, or are part of a state or private pension plan. Those entities change holdings faster than lightning. You may decide upon directing your investments to a sector such as energy but you have little idea if the fund is investing in EXon/Mobile or ?

I don't follow how the holding of railroad stock is somehow in conflict with a concern for the environment as it's well know that moving things by rail causes less air pollution than moving by truck.

If you follow Mr. Larson's strategy you'll see that he will buy into PE funds and actually farms out money to other firms as well to look for new areas to keep Cascade, and Mr Gates, in a top performing area with only the occasional dud.

Duds happen. The firm I work for has had a few flops but the wins are outstanding so investors are quite happy.

Seems like we tried, or something tried to block out the sun a few million years back. An asteroid was it? Pretty sure it killed all the dinosaurs; we certainly don't need that happening again.

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, New Englander said:

and his environment concerns.

I don't follow how the holding of railroad stock is somehow in conflict with a concern for the environment as it's well know that moving things by rail causes less air pollution than moving by truck.

Supposedly concerned about the environment, peoples health, etc. yet the trains are hauling tar sands oil. If you want to believe the hype, extracting tar sand oil is more harmful to the environment than other forms of crude that is extracted. Look how much effort has been put into blocking the pipe lines. 

I agree that trains are a very good way to move things. I just find it interesting in this case what they are moving. 

This report is based on a review of recent scientific research looking at the potential impacts on human health that are associated with tar sands oil. The Natural Resources Defense Council undertook this effort out of concern about the growth of tar sands development and because tar sands oil is dirtier than conventional oil, and thus poses a greater risk to public health. Today, people who live near tar sands strip-mining, drilling, and processing operations in Canada face health risks from additional air and water pollution, and there are reports of an increasing incidence of cancer.

https://www.nrdc.org/sites/default/files/tar-sands-health-effects-IB.pdf

5 hours ago, IHC_1470 said:

. Look how much effort has been put into blocking the pipe lines. 

I agree that trains are a very good way to move things.

When they blocked the pipeline Dakota access pipeline the product moved to rail which has far more risk to the environment being transported that way.

We are going to get Chinese wind mills every where they will ruin all the vistas.

It has started on the pristine vistas near my place in Maine.

It has been ruined wasn't a man made object in site for hundreds of years now you look at 30 wind mills across the horizon and at night you think you are in a populated area with all the flashing red lights in every direction and you are really in one of the least densely populated areas in the lower 48 states.

• Thanks 1

Lets take off our tin foil hats and set them aside for a moment. We've had envirormental regulation for about half a century now. Look at all the unintended concequences. NO brownfield redevelopement,NO inner city residential redevelopement,NO sustained support of existing mass transit ifrastructure(rail,trolley,interurban, the yuppies want another bike trail!),civilian aviation all but dead,dithering over invasive species,cleaning up stablized polluted riverbeds(Hudson river,Mahoning river to name a few),CAFE's that don't lessen impact just concentrate it and on and on. 

So when these same rocket surgeons even suggest doing something about "climate change" I get seriously worried.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, IHC_1470 said:

Supposedly concerned about the environment, peoples health, etc. yet the trains are hauling tar sands oil. If you want to believe the hype, extracting tar sand oil is more harmful to the environment than other forms of crude that is extracted. Look how much effort has been put into blocking the pipe lines.

I'm pretty tired of the greenies complaining about just about everything. It seems that everyone at whatever protest is going on must not work. Those of us who work for a living instead of relying on wealth redistribution don't seem to have the time to protest nonsense crap. It's not that we don't care for the environment. We pick up our trash, recycle our beer cans and avoid polluting the water. That said I believe guys like Gates are also sincere in their concern and give lots of money to folks like the Harvard group to see if there's a feasible way to get things under control. That doesn't mean he's going to endorse their conclusions, no far from it. In the case of vaccines for childhood diseases that have been pretty much wiped out in the first world the problem in the third world was one of record keeping. His organization asked for solutions and was presented with options like tattooing and even micro chips. Both were rejected out of hand but the fact the options were presented got the conspiracy crowd in a frenzy. The problem with anything posted on the internet or worse, social media, is that it develops a life of its own, further embellished as it's repeated until it's some grand scheme that never existed. Oh well.............