That is a TD18 182 series, the last of the 18s made, circa 1957-8

There is some U/C wear but looks runnable for awhile, they were 127hp IIRC, looks quite tidy, somebody fabbed  up some mounting tabs for a pin on root rake along the way, hard to say which blade it has on it, the curve looks like bullgrader which could be angled, but it looks like push arms instead of C frame which would be bulldozer

Almost looks like a Johnson bar reverser but it could be your blade lever

I have no idea. It’s on our family ranch it’s been sitting there since the early 80s I know about five years before my grandpa died he started it and let it run but other than that I’ve never messed with it. 

What model D6 do you have?

These were D7-17A comparable in that timeframe, that might encite some spirited dialogue...

Looks like someone changed oil right before it was parked?

Not sure what your plans are for it, sell, scrap, get it running and test it out?

I would crack the engine oil pan drain to check if there is any coolant present or just oil, that should tell you something, there will be a few things to check over but it just might fire right up ?another member here bought a really clean one that had been sitting in a HE yard for years and I think we had it going in under an hour, don’t think the sellers were too impressed at that point

The main engine starts on gas and warms up and then you trip a rod to switch it over to diesel, kind of a different process than your probably used to, there was a guy on YouTube I think he was David’s farms that had a TD20 that would be very similar to that where he demonstrates the startup routine, he is a little off on some of his facts but you get the idea, think he has some other videos to get the jist of what it could do, his machine is a bit clapped out, exhaust leaks and he is running it at a fairly low rpm

It will be 12V positive ground for batteries 

This one is running very well

2 hours ago, hardtail said:

What model D6 do you have?

These were D7-17A comparable in that timeframe, that might encite some spirited dialogue...

Looks like someone changed oil right before it was parked?

Not sure what your plans are for it, sell, scrap, get it running and test it out?

I would crack the engine oil pan drain to check if there is any coolant present or just oil, that should tell you something, there will be a few things to check over but it just might fire right up ?another member here bought a really clean one that had been sitting in a HE yard for years and I think we had it going in under an hour, don’t think the sellers were too impressed at that point

The main engine starts on gas and warms up and then you trip a rod to switch it over to diesel, kind of a different process than your probably used to, there was a guy on YouTube I think he was David’s farms that had a TD20 that would be very similar to that where he demonstrates the startup routine, he is a little off on some of his facts but you get the idea, think he has some other videos to get the jist of what it could do, his machine is a bit clapped out, exhaust leaks and he is running it at a fairly low rpm

It will be 12V positive ground for batteries 

The radiator is still full of antifreeze after sitting so long I’m probably going to get it going and see how it works my D6 is an 86 it always starts and always works

By your serial number yours is 2nd last one made in 1957

If you have that new of a D6 this is going to seem archaic 

Looked again and that lever to the right operates your blade

I would crack that oil drain, your oil level cold is over full, sometimes the sleeve O rings will weep from sitting, will be easy to drain off and verify if it’s good or not

In the video that guy says opening on injection pump is for priming, wrong that’s your oil fill, 10W, fill until it starts dripping from the petcock on the side of pump sump

Transmission dipstick should be accessible under seat or floorboards and finals is a plug on inside of case

7 hours ago, Farmall 1466 said:

If you want to get rid of it, I reckon there are more than enough people on this forum that are interested in it ?

Lol I doubt anyone would want it but ya never know!!

DONT JUNK IT!!! --- too many people around that would love to have it IF you dont want it!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks very similar to a TD-20-200, I had about a zillion years ago----

Mine had a cable dozer.....dirt moving maniac!!!

Mike

With the oil over full, make sure it isn't just full of diesel from the pump seals leaking by. If it is, it will wipe the bearings out pretty quickly.

18 has a divorced pump, fuel in oil usually has little circles around a drop of oil on a paper towel