What's Cheap?

exSW

Politicians but I could not tell you which one. A few well placed dollars or better yet a photo op and you can pick the pos off the lot no returns or guarantee.

Age and prices will vary some of the old broken mouth one fetch the most.

farm equipment ON the farm that we dont use,

no where to market and the faux auctions make YOU  bid up your own or else $5,while their owned junk goes thru 5-6 renumberings/locations before sold

+ 6 solicitation to sell bulk land ,   cheap

nothing from the chains stores even with 75% off faux sale

nor land ,here on market time DOWN 35% solds up 40%

over all up 20%+ and listing down 50%

,just got email from realtor expect those to increase 20% above that in 21

dont know where those not working get the $1500 mo tax and $18-3500 mo payment

rif raf interest advertised at 2.7%.....

for real people if AT ALL (as in dont need it)

4-7%

know a broker and  they are hiring more staff for ONLY if you dont need the laon

30 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

Politicians but I could not tell you which one. A few well placed dollars or better yet a photo op and you can pick the pos off the lot no returns or guarantee.

Age and prices will vary some of the old broken mouth one fetch the most.

Politicians are cheap, but they cost you the most in the long term.

1 hour ago, exSW said:

Smart guy once said,"Buy what everybody's sellin' and sell what everyone is buyin'". Well it's not trucks,cars,horses,saddles or guns so what is cheap?

Watched a Scotty Kilmer clip last night n was going over that saying buying used cars.  

Unfortunately its wayyyyy easier to overpay than underpaying for stuff, and maybe it's me but "good" deals are harder to come by than ever.  I peruse marketplace and classifieds and it just blows me away.   

54 minutes ago, exSW said:

Maybe I shoud say what's priced right.

I haven't seen a good deal since the begining of Summer.................Boy at the start of this covid BS there was deals as everyone was worried and running head first for the door.  I bought that roto-grind and 4960 dirt cheap, seen a 4760 with higher hours for $5k more than I gave for mine which was a deal, number of cheap late model net wrap round balers, another other misc stuff.  But once the pork started flying, it seemed everything took off like a rocket.  

1 hour ago, exSW said:

Maybe I should say what's priced right.

Compared to what I think it will be this time next year. Today's fuel prices will look cheap.

One thought/theory that came into my head.  Wouldnt one think that today theres less new equipment being built than say 30-40+ years ago? Less farms, bigger equipment and less of it.  Be curious as to actual tractor production (usable ones not compact garbage) compared to the past.  Just think how many h's, m's, 806's etc etc all of us could name off being owned just by people we know.   One would think that alone would drive used prices up as the used market shrinks every year as old stuff heads to scrap or obsolescence.  

There isn't much that is cheap that is for sure.  With technology at our fingers tips anyone can instantly do an appraisal. 

Labor rates aren't cheap.

Interest rates for conforming real estate are cheap but real estate inventory is tight and prices are up substantially here eliminating any savings.

Not on the list of likely suspects to be a buy . . . but  I bought an older telescopic crane two weeks ago for less than scrap price.  Will have about 2.5X scrap price in it by the time it hits my yard.  Looks like it should be usable yet.  We will see when it gets here.  

16 hours ago, exSW said:

Maybe I should say what's priced right.

...or what is good value?

Airfare...for what it cost to fly to x or y its really low vs driving.

Water and sewer in town.  Everyone complains but no one will do without at any cost.

Fuel actually is reasonable and seems sensical for what you get.  

I see what your saying though.  Anything machine seems high vs what it is.  Usef esp

And all too often services charge same for poor or uninformed service vs quality knowledge service.  

28 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

...or what is good value?

Airfare...for what it cost to fly to x or y its really low vs driving.

Water and sewer in town.  7Everyone complains but no one will do without at any cost.

Fuel actually is reasonable and seems sensical for what you get.  

I see what your saying though.  Anything machine seems high vs what it is.  Usef esp

And all too often services charge same for poor or uninformed service vs quality knowledge service.  

Airfare could be free and you'r not packing my 6'5" self into one of those little seats. I'm spoiled . I remember when you could(no TSA)OJ through the ajrport ,throw cash at the ticket agent and the flight attendent would have her hand on the door as you home plate slid through it.

You're right about fuel. It's cheap. Compared to most places in the world it's really cheap.

Water and septic are cheap. Until the municipality starts realizing it's a "revenue stream".

Archived