Plow-Day videos

DT Fan

Just now, Sledgehammer said:

Nice videos. What’s the story on the 560 in the second video with the large stack way forward. Looked and sounded like it was altered for performance ?

My guess is that it has a turbo, just a guess. I didn't plow close to him much that I remember. The narrow front 560 had a little more plow than it needed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nice videos. What’s the story on the 560 in the second video with the large stack way forward. Looked and sounded like it was altered for performance ?

That 560 belongs to old f-20. He is on here occasionally. It does have a turbo on it. Ran and sounded good then started making a ticking noise so he took it home. Sent me a picture of a main cap and two broken bolts!

• Sad 2

Now whenever someone talks about John Deere and Moldboard plows I'm going to think of the one behind that 3020. I really hope that wasn't one of yours.

2 minutes ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Now whenever someone talks about John Deere and Moldboard plows I'm going to think of the one behind that 3020. I really hope that wasn't one of yours.

That was about the most mal-adjusted plow I've seen at one of these things. Didn't notice it that day, must not have followed him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

That was about the most mal-adjusted plow I've seen at one of these things. Didn't notice it that day, must not have followed him.

Your not kidding! The guy following him needed to go over his furrows to make it look good. It's no wonder Deere sold so many plows back in the day, you needed two to do a decent job lol.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Your not kidding! The guy following him needed to go over his furrows to make it look good. It's no wonder Deere sold so many plows back in the day, you needed two to do a decent job lol.

I saw that also. Cant say I’ve spent years of my life plowing or anything but there had to be a way to have it set up better than that for the tractor?  

I didn’t know anything about the “proper” way to plow the first time I did it but I bought a plow and a manual and set things up according to the plow manual. I’ll be darned if it didn’t work.  I have enjoyed it a lot ever since then. That tractor and plow are gone now but I’m working on another setup I hope to use in the future if all goes well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I saw that also. Cant say I’ve spent years of my life plowing or anything but there had to be a way to have it set up better than that for the tractor?  

I didn’t know anything about the “proper” way to plow the first time I did it but I bought a plow and a manual and set things up according to the plow manual. I’ll be darned if it didn’t work.  I have enjoyed it a lot ever since then. That tractor and plow are gone now but I’m working on another setup I hope to use in the future if all goes well. 

Gone, but not forgotten! ?

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2020 at 8:48 PM, DT Fan said:

I took this pic at one of our plowdays because the old dude had the sweetest Oliver around( I found it for him restored already) he was off on one side of the field by himself because he was trying to do a nice job .......another time a showoff passed him (yes pulled out and passed him) on his Super M T/A with turbo ?  the resolution is poor because I was far away and does not show how the 70 shines )

The last plowday our club had the farmer requested a good job be done. The guys were allowed one round to demonstrate their plow was in good condition and able to plow a minimum of 5 inches . Wide bottom plows were not permitted to plow with the narrow bottom plows. I don't know how it turned out but it was a good start to correcting some bad habits

DSCI1443_NEW.jpg

• Like 3

the 560 had a Crawler turbo setup on it with a Garrett T606. that turbo went bad a few years back so i retrofitted it with one from an Allis 190XT. just a little bit of fab work but basically bolted right on. shes good for 100+ hp

somehow broke 2 main cap bolts and lost my center main. found a pan full of goodies when i got it back home. Its got all new main cap bolts front to rear. managed not to hurt anything

20201013_165550.jpg

20201017_182809.jpg

20201017_182826.jpg

2 hours ago, Old-F20 said:

the 560 had a Crawler turbo setup on it with a Garrett T606. that turbo went bad a few years back so i retrofitted it with one from an Allis 190XT. just a little bit of fab work but basically bolted right on. shes good for 100+ hp

somehow broke 2 main cap bolts and lost my center main. found a pan full of goodies when i got it back home. Its got all new main cap bolts front to rear. managed not to hurt anything

20201013_165550.jpg

20201017_182809.jpg

20201017_182826.jpg

Sorry for the bad luck. She sounded fairly healthy in the video ?