1979 Ford Bronco

1 minute ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Yup everyone has their preferences. Yours looks like it was a nice solid truck and I didn't mean to put anybodys truck down. Just that my subconscious automatically jumps to that conclusion from past circumstances. 

I totally understand. No problem at all. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It dont take long to spend it on them.   I like the shiny stuff myself?  

Here is my current project 1978 crewcab.  Doing a full frame off nut and bolt resto on it.  Its been slow going  

Nice truck. I didn't notice till somebody else pointed it out but ya those trim rings around the taillights have the tails on them to match up with the strips that ran across the tail gate horizontal

Posted Images

On 12/29/2020 at 12:20 PM, 88seriesrestorer said:

No im an all original guy

On 12/29/2020 at 4:20 PM, 88seriesrestorer said:

thanks but has to be a 1978 or 1979

Hopefully they made a 78 or 79 bronco in a high boy with the 3/4 ton , 460 divorce t-case and 44" swampers or boggers if you want original

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, bitty said:

Hopefully they made a 78 or 79 bronco in a high boy with the 3/4 ton , 460 divorce t-case and 44" swampers or boggers if you want original

Nope. Lol

His goal (not someone elses) was to make a modernist looking version of a 1977.  He love it.....all that matters.  Yeah the taillight bezel should of been modified to be round edges.  I frankly kinda thoight Ford trim was a bit much on this gen.  But it dont matter.

..not mine.  I would pull trim on a gm too.  Just trap water here and rust.

Seen her in C'D Lane ID.  Apppppeared a survivor.

20210116_074051.jpg

6 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

His goal (not someone elses) was to make a modernist looking version of a 1977.  He love it.....all that matters.  Yeah the taillight bezel should of been modified to be round edges.  I frankly kinda thoight Ford trim was a bit much on this gen.  But it dont matter.

..not mine.  I would pull trim on a gm too.  Just trap water here and rust.

Seen her in C'D Lane ID.  Apppppeared a survivor.

Thats what i always say.  Do it the way u want it.  Its urs to do with what YOU want.  I build the tractors the way the owner wants, not what i want.  

• Like 1

My son put this together Nov/Dec of 20. Started as an 89 f350 crew cab long box 460 5 spd. Sold motor trans all body parts for more than he paid for truck. Got 76 crew cab from a buddy, rest of parts came from his stash and a donor f150. Put a new flatbed on it and put in his built 7.3 IDI ih diesel turboed and intercooled and another zf 5 spd. Painted it all blue, cab was brown, fenders 2 tone brown. New carpet and door/window seals, 93 ford crew cab cloth seats. Body not perfect but good enough for a daily driver he says. Needed another truck after sold the 69 f250 in October 

20210210_073902.jpg

20171108_160703.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2020 at 1:31 PM, new guy said:

Pics or it didn't happen ??

Ok, sorry took so long, snow has finally melted, it def needs a bath. Also the damaged 9 inch rear. Threw the pinion across the field

IMG_20210330_184424650.jpg

IMG_20210330_184445291.jpg

I made a set of 4:57s look like that once in a 68 mustang.......🤔

10 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I made a set of 4:57s look like that once in a 68 mustang.......🤔

Yup, did that on a jeep rear once. 

In 81 a family I new had a new 4X4 Bronco.  I went 4 wheeling many time with them in Southern California and In Seattle area.

It was a good vehicle and it was new at the time. My old 69 1100D Travelal 4X4 V304 T98 A1  NP205 unstuck them more than once. I think it was experience more than a better vehicle plus I had real off road tires and his were as delivered by Ford. The Bronco was a 351 Windsor.  His Wife was a staunch Mormon, she made some fine home made spaghetti using whole grain wheat, ground in their own kitchen.  Great people!