Excuses for not coming in to work

A cat fell on my head....................... then this dog with shoes............................well..........................I'm not coming in today

• Haha 2

I once got off early because I told my Platoon SGT that my wife was getting pregnant and I kinda wanted to be there. He was real busy at the time. I got into work the next morning and he let me know that I'd caught him off garb and I was warned about doing it again!

Rick

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

My good buddy is a pipefitter GF and gets the morning sick calls, tells them take 2 Tryactine, lots say I’ve heard of Reactine what is Tryactine, try acting like a real worker and get your butt in here

23D472F8-A602-4349-AB67-BCC17E2704AD.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Good of you to step up and be there for her OT?

And good of him to be there for the other guy as well.?

After all he did say 

“My wife is getting pregnant and I kind of want to be there “. 

• Haha 6

Not really a excuse but one morning my dog was real sick and was taking him to a vet. Called my foreman and said I wouldn't be showing up. He tells me the company owner won't like that reason. Kind of pissed me off and I said tell you what, just tell him I think more of the dog than him and if he don't like it we are parting ways. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Well, given the times we are in these days.... A guy I work with called in sick a few weeks ago..... Now he has been known to call off in the past.... Told boss he had a bit of a sore throat and cough. Got a call back for human resources telling him to stay home for 14 days. I think he forgot about that little detail LOL! The pi$$er is that he had to use all his remaining sick time and some vacation time as well. Be careful what you say if calling in sick! ?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

First Day of Deer Season ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My work  partner and I took 5½ month off once. Fell out with control.

All I wanted was a meeting to sort issues out.

Had meeting went back.

Further details not for a public forum, suffice to say we had had good reason for staying off as a decision had been made that prevented us from doing our job.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jass1660 said:

I tell them I’m having vision problems.... I can’t see myself coming in today!

I work for state government we call it anal Glaucoma. Meaning can’t see my a$$ going to work today

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Buddy liked to hunt for arrowheads during or right after a rain. He had been know to call in a time or 2 saying he was UNDER the weather. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
I am posting this with a heavy heart. ???

I love Fishing and everything that comes with it... but I am officially done in 2020. This is taking up too much of my time. I’m struggling to keep up with the everyday chores of cooking, cleaning and maintaining my home, so something has to give. I have decided to get rid of all my gear.

Below is a list of what's available. Serious inquiries only, and please don't insult me with low offers.

Thanks for reading and understanding...

1. Vacuum cleaner
2. Dustpan and broom
3. Mop and bucket
4. Lawn Mower
5. Leaf blower
6. Laundry detergent
7. Iron

Anything helps for more Fishing Gear... ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

The voices.................I'm hearing the voices.......................I can't take it anymore......................

STELLA......STEELLA

I'll be in tommorow.

• Haha 4

The tryactine reminds me of a funny story...

Working shift work as some of you guys know brings challenges to say the least. One coworker took some shift work pill to keep himself up all night so he could sleep better during the day (prescribed)He gave me a couple one night to try so I threw them in my aleve bottle since they were white and aleve is blue and I stuck them in my locker. Aftwr that I forgot about them. Soon they were the only thing left in my bottle.

Guy I rode with working shift work and myself were working one night. We had the pleasure of fighting a coal fire all night on our tripper floor. Needless to say after i got back down to the mud room he said hey I have a splitting headache from the smoke I stole your last 2 aspirin out of your locker ?  I said that's fine....?‍♂️

Next night he calls me and says that smoke screwed him up so bad he couldnt sleep worth a dam all day ? and that he was calling in! I never told him but all the rest of the guys laughed on the ground. 

• Haha 6
8 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

The tryactine reminds me of a funny story...

Working shift work as some of you guys know brings challenges to say the least. One coworker took some shift work pill to keep himself up all night so he could sleep better during the day (prescribed)He gave me a couple one night to try so I threw them in my aleve bottle since they were white and aleve is blue and I stuck them in my locker. Aftwr that I forgot about them. Soon they were the only thing left in my bottle.

Guy I rode with working shift work and myself were working one night. We had the pleasure of fighting a coal fire all night on our tripper floor. Needless to say after i got back down to the mud room he said hey I have a splitting headache from the smoke I stole your last 2 aspirin out of your locker ?  I said that's fine....?‍♂️

Next night he calls me and says that smoke screwed him up so bad he couldnt sleep worth a dam all day ? and that he was calling in! I never told him but all the rest of the guys laughed on the ground. 

I know a place where things like that could happen also ??

• Haha 1

I have a day job.... have some seniority and can pretty much take off any time that I want (ie....nice day to plant.... hay is about dry...sled trail just got groomed... stuff like that ) anyway,  younger coworkers joke that they get questioned if they ask for time off (they get denied half the time) , or if they call in.  They’ve noticed that I don’t seem to be required to adhere to the same policies.  If it’s a beautiful day and they want to leave (to go screw off) they get denied, but I grab my keys, make a stop at the coffee pot and scoot.  Guy says “How do you do that?”  I said.....I tell the boss that I crapped my pants. 

I jokingly told my supervisor  that I had said that one day, and he was like man don’t say that out loud This year. That’s a symptom, you’d have to quarantine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, new guy said:

32464478_1854057957990249_3920571930201030656_n.jpg

You laugh... People seriously call central dispatch for a tree in the road. I'm on call 24/7, 365 days a year, I take the a call, many times in the middle of the night, head in for a tree in the road, and find...exactly what your picture is, a stick. Many times, if in the daytime in front of a house, the homeowner with come out and tell me they called it in because they didn't want anyone to hit it. I just want to scream at them "then get your lazy fat @ss off the f-ing porch and kick it out of the way like I did!" But I can't do that or I'd get fired, so I toss it in their yard, the same yard that has the tree it fell from; theirs, and tell them have a nice day. My job is to make sure the road is safe, not take care of the sticks from their tree, so they get to keep it.

• Like 5

2nd day of deer camp