Peep sights

junkandcattle

I shot with peeps as a kid with a 22 in gun club but never really got on to them. Even  older spent a day on old military rifles shooting just not my cup of tea.What I do like and maybe what you should consider but it will change your looks of your 44 is a red dot scope or sight. They are awesome in close quarters, brush etc and very easy to see and use 

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2020 at 9:05 PM, Mr. Plow said:

Not saying its special by any means (and I'm no crack shot by any means), but the Skinner sights on that little lever make it a lot easier to pull off!!!!!!  That's as good an indorsement as anything!

Shot my golden boy a few rounds tonight and the factory sights leave a lot to be desired.  That said the rest of the  rifle is pretty fantastic lol 

Wish you lived closer I'd shoot yours to see if I like them. 

I've got Williams peeps on a few rifles. Really like them. You might also look into Marble's bullseye sight. It goes in place of the original rear sight so no modifications are needed. Had one on a Remington Fieldmaster once, could easily shoot running squirrels with it. Only cost about $20, so cheap enough to try if you don't like it.

Mac

50 minutes ago, B.B. said:

Shot my golden boy a few rounds tonight and the factory sights leave a lot to be desired.  That said the rest of the  rifle is pretty fantastic lol 

Wish you lived closer I'd shoot yours to see if I like them. 

I’ve got a set of Skinner Sights on two different rifles and I’m closer 😊. Come on over. 

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’ve got a set of Skinner Sights on two different rifles and I’m closer 😊. Come on over. 

Only if you let me drive that sweet 666  ! 

46 minutes ago, B.B. said:

Only if you let me drive that sweet 666  ! 

The 686 is available for driving also. 😊. I actually just got done putting the Skinner sights on a .22mag lever today. Needs some fine tuning but is shooting a 4”, 5 shot group off hand at 40yds in the wind.  This one has the Skinner express rear with a taller Skinner front sight to make up for the taller rear sight being mounted on the receiver vs the barrel. 

On 12/27/2020 at 1:59 PM, junkandcattle said:

My oldest and I were taking shots at his newly purchased target tree today. My old eyes need help but I think a scope just ruins the look of my Henry 44 and I prefer hunting close up anyway. Have any of you shooters liked or noticed improvement from open sights to peep. I am sort of leaning to a high viz front and rear peep. Any words of wisdom appreciated I am certainly not an expert or even an avid gun enthusiast just like what I like. 

bad eyes..........if you have bad eyes that is the design of a peep sight and why, so do this..............make a fist and leave a tiny hole down the center to look thru with your thumb up to your eye. use only one eye like a monocular would be - if you have bad eyes and cant see you will be amazed at our bodies ability to focus one eye on an item in the distance that appears blurry with two, but when you take one eye and look through a small hole close to the eye, it clears your focus. Hence teh peep sight correction for a bad eye. No i didnt make this up i was shown this by my optometrist or how ever the heck u spell it ( my eye doctor ) 

Archived