I think I'm about done with the wall in the shop. Still have Surge and Farm Credit clocks to hang somewhere, but the choices are getting slim. Maybe over the bottom end of the CIH  tower. I have had the signs and stuff for a long time, just never got it all arranged. I put the shelves up in the last few weeks.

1933583415_2020-12-26wall2.thumb.jpg.0bd404d0fd7651fa45914e04c09ed0ef.jpg

• Like 23

Cool Bill. Do you have any of the old farm bureau signs with someone’s name on it. Illinois did this way back when. I noticed earlier this year you could order one made new to look like the old ones. Mom and a dad got me one for Christmas. I was going to hang it up this afternoon in the shop amongst my other random signs. 

20 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Cool Bill. Do you have any of the old farm bureau signs with someone’s name on it. Illinois did this way back when. I noticed earlier this year you could order one made new to look like the old ones. Mom and a dad got me one for Christmas. I was going to hang it up this afternoon in the shop amongst my other random signs. 

I don't have any with a person's name on it. I don't know if NYFB ever did that. I have seen signs from other states that way on ebay.

Very nice Bill

• Thanks 1

It’s not embossed like the old ones but has the same graphic. All the money was going to the ILFB foundation I believe. 

I’ve got a few old signs from here and there along with purchasing a few road signs from a road district and a few newer banners and signs I just like. There are a few more I need to get hung up yet. 

3D746D10-6FC3-4285-ADF8-B139C221081F.jpeg

C574DFA1-58C1-4CBB-B1BB-26FF67543327.jpeg

DA05F25D-C549-4CB4-A837-339FE920018A.jpeg

E125D289-00A1-4151-8D80-1DEA4F53A5C3.jpeg

755F738D-E672-45AE-9CD6-B59646D61CD8.jpeg

A68FD157-4046-4B6D-91B7-EF91BE177AAC.jpeg

DB16C11F-0571-4BB5-BB34-35023A526A3E.jpeg

• Like 8

You inspired me Bill. I dug out one I had been meaning to hang up for a long time. This was my Great Grandfather’s that hung out at the end of the road. He passed away in 1979 and I never knew him. Everyone says we would have gotten along very well. 

F41B0C1B-BD9E-4623-B636-1F88FFF3390F.jpeg

• Like 3

There’s more room there I see keep going 

Muncy Chief Hybrids..............Haven't seen one of those signs in years!

Also I wish I had a dollar for all the Ag Way baler twine we drug around.................Never would have thought that company would end up where it did.

• Like 1

I was thinking that we had one of dad's signs from years ago. On the old shop wall . I couldn't remember if it was a Farm Bureau sign or FFA . 

IMG_20201226_153748169.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Also I wish I had a dollar for all the Ag Way baler twine we drug around.................Never would have thought that company would end up where it did.

Dad was a dealer for Muncy Chief for a long time.

2 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Have any hats?  I haven't seen any of those for years either, seen more signs actually.  

no Muncy hats here.

1 hour ago, NY1468 said:

My dad used to plant a lot of muncy chief corn. I remember it always had a big ear.

still remember the 2 varieties I planted the most were H270 and H304.

1 hour ago, NY1468 said:

My dad used to plant a lot of muncy chief corn. I remember it always had a big ear.

Funny, I am 30 miles from where most of that corn was grown, nobody here planted it........................Everyone where I am got seed corn from the other name here 20 miles west, Doeblers.  Like the Ag Way baler twine, all are gone.

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

This sign is still up,  just north of Clark’s Ferry

4F2917DC-4F30-41E2-A612-50CCAA796B5B.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice Bill. You did have me worried though that this was going to be inappropriate . I was stationed just outside of Stuttgart Germany my 1st tour of Germany. There was a house of ill repute that was known as "The Wall" to soldiers. I think yours is better!

Rick