Very nice Job  I remember when the 856 was a big tractor, A farm down the road got one new  with a new 6 bottom plow , every farmer around went to see it haul that plow 

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was young my Dad had an 856. It was the first tractor I drove doing tillage work. He traded it off years ago. Now I bought another one and I am restoring it to new condition. Sorry i have no pi

Did a little more disassembling on the 856. Disassembled the diesel pump drive and installed new seals and gaskets. The diesel pump was completely disassembled at professional diesel shop and complete

Why be condescending?  One thing I've learned and noticed is that projects need to be attainable and manageable.  So many times I've seen people get overwhelmed with restorations they never get done. 

Posted Images

IH FARMS 

Looks very nice.  Ignore that one guy.  He always says stuff rude and tack less.  He is alot better than anyone, just ask him, **** tell ya.?

How many hours on that 856?  I dont think I have ever seen a 856 in real life on a farm.  They weren't very pop here I guess.  ?    Always seems like here everyone went from M to 86 series.  Like skipped 56 and 66.  Have to ask dad for sure.  Where you located?   I like your approach.  Check it all and run for a bit, come in and handle what needs to handled and clean up the rest.  This tractor going to have a specific  task?  That hardener gives it a nice shine don't it?   Alllmmooost tony in cali like ?

• Like 1

Tractor looks great!  Awesome job on including the kiddo, those are memories she will remember the rest of her life!  

I'll be watching to see your progress, and I'll admit I'm a little jealous of your shop! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, B.B. said:

Tractor looks great!  Awesome job on including the kiddo, those are memories she will remember the rest of her life!  

I'll be watching to see your progress, and I'll admit I'm a little jealous of your shop! :)

I went back and looked at pictures again. Judging by the farmall emblems as wall decoration I think this isn’t the first IHC tractor they have fixed.

• Thanks 1
On 1/10/2021 at 1:11 PM, TroyDairy said:

IH FARMS 

Looks very nice.  Ignore that one guy.  He always says stuff rude and tack less.  He is alot better than anyone, just ask him, **** tell ya.?

How many hours on that 856?  I dont think I have ever seen a 856 in real life on a farm.  They weren't very pop here I guess.  ?    Always seems like here everyone went from M to 86 series.  Like skipped 56 and 66.  Have to ask dad for sure.  Where you located?   I like your approach.  Check it all and run for a bit, come in and handle what needs to handled and clean up the rest.  This tractor going to have a specific  task?  That hardener gives it a nice shine don't it?   Alllmmooost tony in cali like ?

Sorry so late to reply back. This week was very busy. Your right,,if there is 100 people on this site ?? 99 of them are really super nice true IH fans. The 856 has 7000 hrs. Located in central MN. Future work might involve cutting hay, hauling round bales home or running an auger in the fall. 

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 10:25 PM, dale560 said:

I went back and looked at pictures again. Judging by the farmall emblems as wall decoration I think this isn’t the first IHC tractor they have fixed.

You are correct sir. The emblems are from my 1206 that needs everything done. If you look at the picture of the 856 steering tower you can see it in the background. The 856 is first then the 1206 next year. Got enough original hood bolts for both of them cleaned up. I want them both to look like they just came out of the Rock Island plant in 67 and 68.

20170122_184328.jpg

• Like 4
On 1/16/2021 at 3:19 PM, IH FARMS said:

You are correct sir. The emblems are from my 1206 that needs everything done. If you look at the picture of the 856 steering tower you can see it in the background. The 856 is first then the 1206 next year. Got enough original hood bolts for both of them cleaned up. I want them both to look like they just came out of the Rock Island plant in 67 and 68.

20170122_184328.jpg

Wow!  How did I miss that 12 in the background?  I look forward to seeing your progress on both. 

On 1/18/2021 at 12:40 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Wow!  How did I miss that 12 in the background?  I look forward to seeing your progress on both. 

Dude..... I looked and looked at his pics and never did see the other tractor.  I did finally find it but now I think I know where he keeps everything in his shop! :)  If you misplace a tool I can probably help ya find it LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, B.B. said:

Dude..... I looked and looked at his pics and never did see the other tractor.  I did finally find it but now I think I know where he keeps everything in his shop! :)  If you misplace a tool I can probably help ya find it LOL 

I'm missing an orange handled snap on screwdriver. Let me know if you see it.?

• Haha 2
On 1/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, IH FARMS said:

Sorry so late to reply back. This week was very busy. Your right,,if there is 100 people on this site ?? 99 of them are really super nice true IH fans. The 856 has 7000 hrs. Located in central MN. Future work might involve cutting hay, hauling round bales home or running an auger in the fall. 

Very nice job!   The 2150 with hardener holds up well.     Just noticed we are darn near neighbors!!!    I live just northeast of you a bit.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, nate said:

Very nice job!   The 2150 with hardener holds up well.     Just noticed we are darn near neighbors!!!    I live just northeast of you a bit.

Thanks and that's cool were not to far apart.  Decided to install new brakes and seal and oring kits. Didn't want it to leak in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ky966boy said:

Nice job I’d be proud to own that tractor.

Thanks...just about ready to dump in New hytran. Went through the MCV and got it all sealed up. I like your profile picture, looks just like my 1086.

19 hours ago, IH FARMS said:

Thanks...just about ready to dump in New hytran. Went through the MCV and got it all sealed up. I like your profile picture, looks just like my 1086.

I’m going to need to see pics of this 1086 :) 

On 2/2/2021 at 12:02 PM, IH FARMS said:

How about a 14 10 and a 7

22087C41-B7A7-4E45-AF7D-8F733407C981.jpeg

F6E64375-C212-4DD8-8ABE-50887263E039.jpeg

D633DFF8-85E0-4F1E-9B14-79234A1B05EC.jpeg

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, ky966boy said:

Nice tractor is that a rock box on the right side.

Yes that way I can carry 12 bags of seed with me between the two rock boxes.  All this tractor does is planting,,I haven't unhooked the planter in 10 years. 

6 minutes ago, IH FARMS said:

Yes that way I can carry 12 bags of seed with me between the two rock boxes.  All this tractor does is planting,,I haven't unhooked the planter in 10 years. 

I thought you must have a lot of rocks . Lol

• Haha 2

Hey thanks for the pics.  Lovely 1086 but what size are those rears? 

Hey thanks for the pics.  Lovely 1086 but what size are those rears?