3088 hydraulic s

taylorjon522

I'm new to the red power nation but looking for help. Just bought an international 3088 with a westendorf ta 28 loader on it. Previous owner used the remote hydraulics to use the loader and I'm wanting to hook up a joystick control. My question is, is there any way to plumb into the pump to get full time hydraulics. Dealer around me is not very knowledgeable in this model tractor.

Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for information about hooking up a joystick control valve for your loader you've come to the right place. There are many knowledgeable people on this forum that can walk you through what you need to do to make it work. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Would have replied last night. Honestly couldn't remember if 3088 was open or closed center. Believe it to be open. To do what you want to do would require a power beyond plate in place of the current end plate on the end of your valve stack. As an alternative you could use one of your remotes to feed the joystick.

This is pretty easy to do. The 3088 was only offered as open center. You don’t need a different end plate. The numbers that referred to are identified in the attached parts picture. On part #7, remote valve end plate, disconnect hydraulic line #22. Hook up your inlet hose from your loader valve to the fitting on #7 end plate. Hook up your loader valve return to hydraulic line #22. That is all that needs to be done. One thing that you need to be aware of is that if any foreign matter comes from the loader, it could possibly damage the MCV pump. I have hooked up quite a few like this over the years and haven’t had any problems. Also if you disconnect loader valve from the tractor you absolutely need to hook the pipe back up to end plate as there is constant flow in that circuit 

136F7848-7E70-4968-8261-C08470FAE175.jpeg

Go buy a cable operated joystick and valve for a modern loader on a more modern tractor.  The valve mounts outside the cab that way.  Don't be one of those guys who mounts up a hydraulic valve in the cab running 6 hoses in and out of the cab.  Looks terrible and makes the cab an oily mess.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, striker782 said:

This is pretty easy to do. The 3088 was only offered as open center. You don’t need a different end plate. The numbers that referred to are identified in the attached parts picture. On part #7, remote valve end plate, disconnect hydraulic line #22. Hook up your inlet hose from your loader valve to the fitting on #7 end plate. Hook up your loader valve return to hydraulic line #22. That is all that needs to be done. One thing that you need to be aware of is that if any foreign matter comes from the loader, it could possibly damage the MCV pump. I have hooked up quite a few like this over the years and haven’t had any problems. Also if you disconnect loader valve from the tractor you absolutely need to hook the pipe back up to end plate as there is constant flow in that circuit 

136F7848-7E70-4968-8261-C08470FAE175.jpeg

Thinking is getting so slow. I wonder why I post anymore. Never did find the picture you posted. Would have had an aha moment if I did. Anyway it seems the correct way to do this. Would be to use a loader valve with a power beyond port. Use the power beyond to feed supercharge line. Run cylinder return to chassis in any port available. Even if you have to drill it. That is basicaly what IH did with the auxillaries