Christmas presents

searcyfarms

Wife and I usually don't do nothing for each other. Just seeing the smile on daughter's face is enough for us. But I did pick her up a new gun for her carry  a few days ago.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Wife and I usually don't do nothing for each other. Just seeing the smile on daughter's face is enough for us. But I did pick her up a new gun for her carry  a few days ago.

What did you go with? 

• Like 1

Bought dad the new Farmington Implement video......he was really looking forward to it (I get him one every year)......Spent the afternoon with family watching it!

Wife and I buy our own stuff, but have fun giving it to each other anyway.  Kids are 16 and 19, they had a good Christmas. 

Was a nice low key day.....

(Of course, I bought myself a new Ruger American 22LR.......can't lay off those 22's....???

• Like 8

Milwaukee M18 battery op grease gun. Greased everything before I put things away. Think I am going to grease something already greased just so I can play with it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jingles1928 said:

Milwaukee M18 battery op grease gun. Greased everything before I put things away. Think I am going to grease something already greased just so I can play with it.

You are really going to like it. Huge step up from the Lincoln I replaced last summer. 

10 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

What did you go with? 

Got her S&W shield 9mm she already had a S&WW.380 EZ. She really likes the feel of the S&W and does good shooting them. She wanted something other then just plain black so I had the slide  cerakoted pink. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Got this print of a blacksmith from the 1893 Worlds Columbian Exposition (Worlds Fair) It’s a legitimate old piece.   Not much of an art guy but I really like it. The frame is just as old. Probably 20x24”
Grease gun holder for the wall, a Streamlight Knucklehead that runs on AA batteries for the shop, and a new watch.  
Grilled Ribeyes for lunch for my parents, brother’s family, and mine at my parent’s house. 

2A678E71-2437-4CA6-8263-54349A0E3BA9.jpeg

27D4E4CF-8EE3-4720-9ABC-D429CF93CA93.jpeg

That solves the drop light question.  Let us know it works out.

• Like 2

We usually keep it simple,  But I surprised the Mrs. with a Microsoft surface Computer, figured it’s been about 5 years since her desktop crashed she has been only using her smartphone and lending my work laptop for her computing needs, it was time.  I got a awesome t-shirt

0A1C65CF-C6FA-48D0-93A9-E9529AE35D80.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Edsfarms said:

We usually keep it simple,  But I surprised the Mrs. with a Microsoft surface Computer, figured it’s been about 5 years since her desktop crashed she has been only using her smartphone and lending my work laptop for her computing needs, it was time.  I got a awesome t-shirt

0A1C65CF-C6FA-48D0-93A9-E9529AE35D80.jpeg

Love it! I, (and probably most here) need one of those!!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Edsfarms said:

That solves the drop light question.  Let us know it works out.

I like the looks of the one @searcyfarms was taking about but could not find it locally. Maybe after Christmas shipping problems go away I will consider one of those for something a little smaller. The Streamlight Knucklehead is built stout but doesn’t have a real good way to hang it under something in my opinion. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I like the looks of the one @searcyfarms was taking about but could not find it locally. Maybe after Christmas shipping problems go away I will consider one of those for something a little smaller. The Streamlight Knucklehead is built stout but doesn’t have a real good way to hang it under something in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Not sure how far u are from A Farm & Fleet....

231EACEE-8546-4801-B976-B19E32F31EA4.png

1 minute ago, Edsfarms said:

Not sure how far u are from A Farm & Fleet....

231EACEE-8546-4801-B976-B19E32F31EA4.png

Probably about 120 miles North before we see those. Everything is Rural King here with a few TSC stores. I checked at NAPA and I think their house brand is a different color version of what you show above. I’ve had the 10-20 dollar ones before but they are good for about 6 months it seems. It was time to bite the bullet and get what you pay for I thought for something that would hopefully last a little longer. I don’t break them but the rechargeable batteries go bad or switches go bad on the cheaper ones. 

I’m with some of you guys on the gift giving.  I already have the important stuff and what I don’t have I could buy on my one.  Don’t matter to me if I get anything again long as nieces and nephews get something.  However mother did get me this.  1/64” scale Big Bud autographed by the Williams brothers.  Apparently, she had to get on a waiting list and pay extra for the signing.  These 1/64” scale 767s are almost as big as 1/32” of other tractors.  

2B8D925C-417C-453F-9604-BA42FB264A2C.jpeg

F94A9E7C-69FA-4AC8-BE55-42C0228CD0EC.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Wes806 said:

Got her S&W shield 9mm she already had a S&WW.380 EZ. She really likes the feel of the S&W and does good shooting them. She wanted something other then just plain black so I had the slide  cerakoted pink. 

That is what my wife packs in the winter, lcp in butt pack in summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cobfly said:

lcp in butt pack in summer.

Haven't ever shot any with them shorter barrels. Kinda afraid of recoil on them after I busted up my right wrist  from hitting a deer on a motorcyle years ago.

1 minute ago, Wes806 said:

Haven't ever shot any with them shorter barrels. Kinda afraid of recoil on them after I busted up my right wrist  from hitting a deer on a motorcyle years ago.

Recoil is fine, little stiff to rack.

3 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Might see about getting a smaller one then.

Look at the lc9 striker, in between pistol, smallish, but not little. I pack a sr9c.

18 minutes ago, cobfly said:

I pack a sr9c.

I have the sr9 that I really like. I picked up a Rock Inland 1911 in .380 cal also known as the Baby Rock like it also nice and light weight.