Just a coincidence

Steve C.

20 minutes ago, New Englander said:

I'm totally with you except the part about spreading it.

But if you're spreading it, all who took the vaccine are fine.  Those that didnt made their own choice to go that route.  

This virus shaming bullshit is completely out of control.  

Not taking a shot at you, but society in general.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, New Englander said:

I'm totally with you except the part about spreading it.

it all boils down to what someone perceives as their personal decision - kind of like the guy screaming its his right to to wear or not wear a mask, sure you have that freedom - the problem is people get so wrapped around the axle about their freedom they lose sight of the morality of recklessness and selfishness. 

would you not tell your child to be cautious of a hot stove? its your child, its your freedom but seems reckless risking them injury out of your choice

I will not be getting the vaccine, that is my freedom, i will be wearing a mask in respect of others and not recklessly risking their health when around them but when I have the option I wont be wearing one. 

I believe the lords will shall be done - we all are given a number of days when we enter and that number is predetermined in my ESHO.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

But if you're spreading it, all who took the vaccine are fine.  Those that didnt made their own choice to go that route.  

Here's a problem with that thought. Some people just can't take certain or , in fact many shots. They rely on those of us who can to protect them.

5 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

according to the 60 minutes scientists that partnered with Pfizer, IF the vaccine works at 90%, and 70 to 75% of the population takes the vaccine it will be a SLOW turn around. 

3 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

it all boils down to what someone perceives as their personal decision - kind of like the guy screaming its his right to to wear or not wear a mask, sure you have that freedom - the problem is people get so wrapped around the axle about their freedom they lose sight of the morality of recklessness and selfishness. 

would you not tell your child to be cautious of a hot stove? its your child, its your freedom but seems reckless risking them injury out of your choice

I will not be getting the vaccine, that is my freedom, i will be wearing a mask in respect of others and not recklessly risking their health when around them but when I have the option I wont be wearing one. 

I believe the lords will shall be done - we all are given a number of days when we enter and that number is predetermined in my ESHO.  

Good plan.

I had to touch the stove anyway.

I'm not going to fight about masks, but when it comes to "being reckless", how can you possibly be reckless whenever something in invisible and literally everywhere, and not everyone reacts to it the same?  Any Covid mitigation or these stupid little games we are playing is literally like hitting a flying bat in the dark with a .22 while spinning in circles.  No matter what state or country you go to and with all the restrictions, everybody got their butt kicked at some point. 

All government has done is allow you to shove blame onto others.  I'm selfish for going out to eat, selfish for going to church, selfish for seeing my family, selfish for supporting a selfish business that wont close.  Where does it end? 

The "adult" thing isnt to expect others to protect you, the real adult thing is to be responsible for yourself and what is in your control.  

Know what really is selfish though?  All the idiots working from home, or paid to stay home, or staying home with benefits and shouting at others to stay home, yet expecting all the stuff that keeps their modern conveniences going and those of us who havent been off at all through this.  

Sorry for the rant, it's not in the spirit of Christmas. So to all in this thread I wish the best!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

I'm not going to fight about masks, but when it comes to "being reckless", how can you possibly be reckless whenever something in invisible and literally everywhere, and not everyone reacts to it the same?  Any Covid mitigation or these stupid little games we are playing is literally like hitting a flying bat in the dark with a .22 while spinning in circles.  No matter what state or country you go to and with all the restrictions, everybody got their butt kicked at some point. 

All government has done is allow you to shove blame onto others.  I'm selfish for going out to eat, selfish for going to church, selfish for seeing my family, selfish for supporting a selfish business that wont close.  Where does it end? 

The "adult" thing isnt to expect others to protect you, the real adult thing is to be responsible for yourself and what is in your control.  

Know what really is selfish though?  All the idiots working from home, or paid to stay home, or staying home with benefits and shouting at others to stay home, yet expecting all the stuff that keeps their modern conveniences going and those of us who havent been off at all through this.  

Sorry for the rant, it's not in the spirit of Christmas. So to all in this thread I wish the best!

Yeah. I haven't had that luxury. Seems my job is essential. While it is uncharted waters for most I find it stupid to pay people more than the average worker to stay at home instead of trying to find a job. I'm also not buying that a cheap little disposable mask is gonna help much. Been painting in my basement this week. Kept a mask on and pulled up the whole time but the inside of my nose was still the color of the paint. If we all wanna wear sealed respirator type masks then maybe it might make a difference. These cheapos that everyone is wearing is nothing more than trying to make people feel good and nothing more. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, New Englander said:

Total BS. Try to find an actual quote from him. It's been debunked by multiple sources.

I've seen the video.  Probably gone by now.  If I can find it I'll post it.  Fauci's talked about a certificate also.

2 hours ago, New Englander said:

Total BS. Try to find an actual quote from him. It's been debunked by multiple sources.

It was hard to find it because it had been edited out.  This vid shows what was edited.

Some chiseler altered Bill Gates’ June 2020 TED Talk to edit out his revealing prediction that we will all soon need digital vaccine passports (slide 1). But after considerable effort, we tracked down the original video (slide 2). 

Gates’ minions on cable and network news, his public broadcasting, social media and fact-checker toadies all now insist that Gates never said such things. They say he never intended to track and trace us with subdermal chips or injected tattoos.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/yes-bill-gates-said-that/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

no harm no foul - exactly why being reckless is debatable as is selfishness, its all in the eyes of the beholder. 

and correct all we want to do is blame others if something happens - own what you own, if I die you can all blame it on me for not getting the vaccine, me I will be laying on my death bed ready for eternity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a link to a Microsoft patent application for a cryptocurrency system using body activity data.  Here's the abstract:

Human body activity associated with a task provided to a user may be used in a mining process of a cryptocurrency system. A server may provide a task to a device of a user which is communicatively coupled to the server. A sensor communicatively coupled to or comprised in the device of the user may sense body activity of the user. Body activity data may be generated based on the sensed body activity of the user. The cryptocurrency system communicatively coupled to the device of the user may verify if the body activity data satisfies one or more conditions set by the cryptocurrency system, and award cryptocurrency to the user whose body activity data is verified.

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2020060606

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Steve C. said:

"They" have been beating the vaccine drum long and loud since day one.  The time factor didn't seem to affect that.

Who do you trust?

I think the powers that be in politics, healthcare, and science have realized right from the start that to restore the confidence of the general public in being, well, public, there needs to be a vaccine.  Whether that is really the most effective strategy or not doesn’t exactly matter, it is a matter of public perception.  The public believes vaccines work (and they usually do or that confidence wouldn’t be there) so there needs to be a vaccine to get the public back to normal.  You and I can raise an eyebrow about this vaccine and be skeptical as it is new and uses a new technology as I understand it, and I think to a degree rightfully so, but our attitude doesn’t matter.  I don’t really care so long as I’m not getting something crammed down my throat that I have no confidence in.

One thing I see about this whole event is the power of psychology, in this case it is Intermittent Reinforcement.  A very few people die from Covid and nobody wants the be one of that few. It is the same effect as gambling, only punishment instead of pleasure.

One positive thing that may come out of this ordeal is the new vaccine technology.  If I understand it correctly it may have the potential to make a vaccine possible for the common cold and maybe better vaccines for the seasonal flu.  Speculation on my part.

Intermittent Reinforcement

In behaviorism, Intermittent Reinforcement is a conditioning schedule in which a reward or punishment (reinforcement) is not administered every time the desired response is performed. This differs from continuous reinforcement which is when the organism receives the reinforcement every time the desired response is performed. For example, on a continuous reinforcement schedule a mouse who pulls a lever would receive food (reinforcement) every single time it pulled the lever. On an intermittent reinforcement schedule the mouse would only receive food every few times (it is typically random and unpredictable). There is an increased likelihood the desired behavior will continue with intermittent reinforcement conditioning and the behavior lasts longer than continuous reinforcement. Gambling is an example of intermittent reinforcement. You don't win every time or win the same amount when using a slot machine- this wouldn't be exciting or fun. The reinforcement is intermittent and causes a positive and euphoric response in the brain that in some circumstances can lead to gambling addiction.

4 hours ago, 801486 said:

I can find the links if somebody wants, but the AMA quietly rescinded their restrictions on using hydroxychloroquine for covid after the election.

It would appear it really doesn’t matter.  Here is the link again to where this came from.  https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/internal_medicine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

4E960C8C-570B-44A0-9558-ED2934FFEFC5.png

3 hours ago, New Englander said:

Here's a problem with that thought. Some people just can't take certain or , in fact many shots. They rely on those of us who can to protect them.

yes as in some cant wear masks - some have ptsd, some have lung issues, some have anxiety/claustrophobic issues, some have medical issues, but of course they will get shamed the minute they walk in a place that has the mask restrictions - we never know someones story we always want to jump to conclusions and judge - why do i know that because i have done it and still do - im trying to get better and not do it, habits are hard to break especially the bad ones

2 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

yes as in some cant wear masks - some have ptsd, some have lung issues, some have anxiety/claustrophobic issues, some have medical issues, but of course they will get shamed the minute they walk in a place that has the mask restrictions - we never know someones story we always want to jump to conclusions and judge - why do i know that because i have done it and still do - im trying to get better and not do it, habits are hard to break especially the bad ones

I spend a lot of time commuting in airline terminals and what I've observed is 100% mask compliance. Some don't wear them correctly - not covering nose but 99% do wear them correctly. I'm somewhat unsure of their, the mask's ability to filter out incoming but I do believe they're helpful at keeping droplets captured, with a possible virus load, outgoing. The last thing I want to hear on a plane or anywhere is someone sneezing! I also don't want to hear is the loudmouth blabbermouth who has to tell everyone near about something. Masks have been great about limiting that. It seems the super spreader events have been large gatherings. NH hotspots have been at UNH - shocking!

5 minutes ago, New Englander said:

I spend a lot of time commuting in airline terminals and what I've observed is 100% mask compliance. Some don't wear them correctly - not covering nose but 99% do wear them correctly. I'm somewhat unsure of their, the mask's ability to filter out incoming but I do believe they're helpful at keeping droplets captured, with a possible virus load, outgoing. The last thing I want to hear on a plane or anywhere is someone sneezing! I also don't want to hear is the loudmouth blabbermouth who has to tell everyone near about something. Masks have been great about limiting that. It seems the super spreader events have been large gatherings. NH hotspots have been at UNH - shocking!

Compliance? Or no other choice if you want on the plane. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1466fan said:

Compliance? Or no other choice if you want on the plane. 

Both. If it's that much of a burden then the folks who don't want to wear one must be driving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cobfly said:

I am not scared of dying, however, I am concerned about living miserabley.

With you brother.

Merry Christmas.

2 hours ago, cobfly said:

I am not scared of dying, however, I am concerned about living miserabley.

We are there.................Stupid masks............They can't filter out over spray in the atmosphere painting, but they work on a air borne virus?.........So if it doesn't work for painting, why would it work in the opposite direct?.......What are these people smoking????????  Then they give the same stuff for their buddies to smoke...............

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

We are there.................Stupid masks............They can't filter out over spray in the atmosphere painting, but they work on a air borne virus?.........So if it doesn't work for painting, why would it work in the opposite direct?.......What are these people smoking????????  Then they give the same stuff for their buddies to smoke...............

Its science.......dont question it.......its settled.  ?

I'm still at a loss of since when did just breathing expel all this stuff.  Will it keep me from blasting a big wet sneeze or a cough? Sure, but how much of our life do we spend coughing or sneezing? Maybe .0001% of the time?