239 years ago

Steve C.

3 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Watched Quigley Down under yesterday. Hadn't seen it in years. Liked the line. We took care of our riff raff. Sent them back to England. 

Marston:

you said you didn’t know how to use one?

quigley:

I said I don’t have any use for them, I know how to use them.

great movie, especially the long shot when the guy thinks he will get away.

sharps rifle, but I don’t remember the bore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Time to rise up.jpg

I tried to do just that this past November but nobody listened. I'll try again in '24.

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

.45-110 wasn't it???

Are you sure it wasn't a .50?

1 minute ago, dads706 said:

Are you sure it wasn't a .50?

I stand corrected. .45 - 110 is correct. 

32 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Ok, 45/110, 45 caliber bullet, 110 grains black powder, I have a 44/40, 44 cal bullet 40 grains powder, it was made in 1894 so I would guess still black powder.

Yes sir. 

• Thanks 1

.44-40 was originally a black powder round, but the 1892 Winchester was the first one designed for smokeless powder.  I have a 92 in 44-40 and a 94 in 44 mag.

Just now, Littlefeller said:

.44-40 was originally a black powder round, but the 1892 Winchester was the first one designed for smokeless powder.  I have a 92 in 44-40 and a 94 in 44 mag.

The first Winchester designed for smokeless powder, to clarify.

2 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Ok, 45/110, 45 caliber bullet, 110 grains black powder, I have a 44/40, 44 cal bullet 40 grains powder, it was made in 1894 so I would guess still black powder.

Yes Jake...........BPM .....    Black Powder Matters........But if you load a regular..e.g.    44/40 case with same....it makes a helluva mess in the bore and to a lesser extent in the breach...although the smoke cloud is impressive......I belonged to the local BP club for some time, but, inevitably, some clown who is adorned with Cabela's   latest sartorial  offering's ...  plus the hat  from a famous Australian  manufacturer...(Williams)...but who can't shoot to save himself.....will  take over the running of the club.....

These guys  self percieved importance in the great  scheme of things is a worry.....you feel they are in danger of becoming    terminally deformed as a result of this......thus the ''regular''   blokes who just turn up for a good shoot and a yarn.....leave in droves......

I don't belong to any 'shooting "/firearm   related clubs...anymore

Mike