Now a new strain of COVID that’s 70% more contagious

lorenzo

Stay tuned for the pandemic of the month club.  It will never end.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I been painting all day with a mask on. The paint droplets must be smaller than the coronavirus cause my nose looks like I been snorting coke or something. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, superih said:

You would think if we would all just get the stuff and get over it the virus could no longer mutate, instead we keep dragging it out for a couple years.  How is sweden doing now days?

Stories I've seen say that a virus typically gets weaker as it mutates. It's trying to make itself easier to transmit but becomes less lethal most times. I'm no scientist but that is what I read in an article a while back. Don't remember where it was at now though. Surely some right wing conspiracy site. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wheatking said:

who know what to believe anymore, sure it getting bad but breaking news today was the new vaccine will still work against the u.k version 

Must be an amazing vaccine. Woulda thought they could've cured the common cold by now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikem said:

This virus appears to be the longest lasting product to come out of China for YEARS!!!!!!!!

Mike

It's had the best marketing campaign, too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 1466fan said:

Must be an amazing vaccine. Woulda thought they could've cured the common cold by now. 

Some of my common colds have made me want to die... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

Maybe they just did? Because the common cold doesn’t exist in the covid world...?

It does, my wifes yard apes are all sick and drooling. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

Maybe they just did? Because the common cold doesn’t exist in the covid world...?

Same with the regular Flu....................."All quiet" theys say on the weather channel every morning.................I laugh every time!  These people..........................

• Like 4

I could be wrong but it sure seems like this is just another effort to exude control over the masses.  So what if it has mutated?  It’s going to be cured by herd immunity or a vaccine. It’s been that way since day one. Either way can be a viable option in the right circumstances. It’s up to you what you choose. 

1. A vaccine that may or may not be worth it to you

2. let things run their course

Either way, nothing has changed from this “new news”

A3569FD8-ED6D-46A5-846A-56832696E247.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Stories I've seen say that a virus typically gets weaker as it mutates. It's trying to make itself easier to transmit but becomes less lethal most times. I'm no scientist but that is what I read in an article a while back. Don't remember where it was at now though. Surely some right wing conspiracy site. 

Let’s hope so . 

It looks more and more like 2021 is going to shape up worse than 2020.  How can anyone get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever they say we still have to wear masks and play hide and seek even if vaccinated?  Funny thing is I think we will have naturally burned through it anyways by the time we get the man made solution figured out.  

The big battles remain to be fought, mainly when we come out of these regulation because we all know its gonna be slowwwwwwww (government takes quicker than it gives back IF EVER) and inevitably theres gonna be cases for years to come.  What are acceptable numbers?  Nobody knows but I'll guarantee any damn excuse to continue this will be made.  

A lot of events cant take another year off or unfortunately they will likely be gone forever.  So it's either "comply" and simply have nothing left in the end or fight to live your life......

• Like 2

It will mutate.

That's how this one was formed. The mutations will vary in many ways including how lethal and contagious it is. As it mutates the old vaccines will become ineffective and new ones will have to be developed. The way it spreads will change. How it effects people will change (symptoms). It's affect on animals will change.

Just like pigweed, waterhemp, etc changed so roundup won't kill them.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1