Need help identifying this shop mule

Eason

It says MIDGET SHOP MULE POWERED BY INTERNATIONAL and W. F. HEBARD (or HEPARD) & CO. CHICAGO, USA right there in your pics, doesn’t that identify it?

Is there a serial number tag on it somewhere to help tell what model it is?  If it has no serial number ID on it, it is hard to know much more from there. I never have and never will buy any equipment if the serial tag is missing. 

Passed up the first Farmall H I looked at because the tag was missing. But think I'd make an exception with this one depending on it's price. Have never seen anything like it. Knowing who made it doesn't help me know what exactly this little mule was made to pull, pull it where, and in what kind of shop.

Good Luck with your research  

The 3 wheeled version like that was the A3V line. With the extra heavy grille it appears to be the model A3V1 U2.  A friend of mine has one and I just made a new clutch release shaft for him last week! I have the 4 wheeled version A14 powered by a U4 engine.

hebard1.jpg

• 1 month later...

This belongs to a friend of mine whose family owned a IH/CaseIH dealership for 50 years. CaseIH yanked their contract about 2 years ago. The shop mule was at the dealership when his father purchased it in 1968. He was trying to get some information on it so he could advertise it.

That is cool , you better grab that thing up Eason ??

Danny

Archived