Still doing tillage in Illinois.

Farther South in Illinois, our soil is the color of the stalks. Have to go North of here about 50-75 miles to start seeing darker soils.

Nice pics as usual!  Just need a wreath on the grille for Christmas now. 😊

21 minutes ago, Cool1566 said:

Nice! Don’t shoot me down but we are still doing tillage in Southern IL too.

E9F24B45-9D8A-4E6C-9B65-6916BC052E9D.jpeg

The only problem is there aren’t any more pictures....😁

• Haha 1

Grandson is planning on mowin his yard tomorrow, that should make the neighbors talk. We finished fall tillage the week after Thanksgiving. First time I can remember ripping all the bean stubble & disc ripping all the cornstalks in several years plus putting on all our fertilizer, spraing all the bean stubble, lime on, & what AA we wanted on. Good feeling to be all done.

40 minutes ago, Cool1566 said:

Is it just the picture or are those wheels all tipped off to the left? You don’t see much moldboard plowing around here now.

29 minutes ago, Cool1566 said:

Is that a 10 bottom? What tractor are you pulling it with. S& grandson were at a sale Wed that had a 14 bottom Kervland(sp) on it. We weren't sure if our Versy 550 would handle it in our heavy black ground so passed on bidding. They said it had 42 grease zeroks that were marked 10 hr, would take most of the morning to grease

32 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Is it just the picture or are those wheels all tipped off to the left? You don’t see much moldboard plowing around here now.

Picture is a little skewed. I’ll try to get better ones tomorrow. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, boog said:

Is that a 10 bottom? What tractor are you pulling it with. S& grandson were at a sale Wed that had a 14 bottom Kervland(sp) on it. We weren't sure if our Versy 550 would handle it in our heavy black ground so passed on bidding. They said it had 42 grease zeroks that were marked 10 hr, would take most of the morning to grease

We have two 9 bottom IH 800 plows. I’m pulling one with a JD 8360RT tracked tractor. Other one is on a 8335 R FWA tractor. 
I know, wrong color tractors....

Plows are the right brand though. 

9 hours ago, Injpumped said:

does the 54 have enough power to pull anything? lol!

Umm.  Luckily I know a guy who tinkers with pumps.........yea she runs good.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

By the looks of the tires, must be a little greasy on top? Did it freeze and then thaw, or did you get some rain and snow?

It gets greasy with the daily freeze and thaw.  Not suppose to freeze tonight!  

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

How many acres do you plow?

Actually haven’t plowed in quite awhile. We e had an unusually dry November and December so we keep finding tillage to do. 😁

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cool1566 said:

We have two 9 bottom IH 800 plows. I’m pulling one with a JD 8360RT tracked tractor. Other one is on a 8335 R FWA tractor. 
I know, wrong color tractors....

Plows are the right brand though. 

Nothing wrong with a green tractor, we've owned a few of them. Demoed a 8335R this fall with IVT. We have a couple IH 7x16s, one a 720 onland, the other is a 700 pt on land. About all our Magnum 275 & 315 want @10-12" deep in our black ground.

First time to use a two track tractor for moldboard plowing. Really a nice combo. Also first time to have auto steer too. Way easier than stepping off and flagging the lands like I used to.