856 pictures

rrr4quality

Straight, decent tires, weights, top link, PTO cover, etc...  Looks used but not abused. Assuming it ran good and T/A was in good condition it would probably make someone a nice machine for the right price in that size range. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Pappy steps with the hand rail to heaven is the selling point for me!

Your not joking.  At work we put three sets on 40-50-55 series Deere’s.  What a difference.  Worth every penny. The original 856 picture looks like a solid old tractor. 

4 hours ago, Paystar5000 said:

Your not joking.  At work we put three sets on 40-50-55 series Deere’s.  What a difference.  Worth every penny. The original 856 picture looks like a solid old tractor. 

The factory steps on the 30 to 55 series Deeres were a bigger death trap almost than the ones on the IH's!  Hard to believe it took them until the 60 series to get those figured out, and heck, they never did get put on at the factory to the late little 55's.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fred B said:

tractors were built for FM equipment. no room for stairs? they would have you believe by the age you can't crawl up there anymore, you will have made so much money using their c--ppy equipment you can afford to retire.

Not by the time of the 40 series Deere, I am not sure any front mount equipment was offered yet other than saddle tanks..........Think the FM cultivators ended with the 30's?

6 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Could be.  The book is pretty accurate but I still wouldn't believe it to be 100% factual.  The tractor is a 4250.

Must be, parts catalog says '84 through '91 or something like that.  What model then was sold new with the 30 series?  Learn something everyday.  Had one of those we cultivated tomatoes with for a few years,  ran it on a 4020  and a 4230, previous owner had it on a 3020.............never would have guessed it was that new.

A good friend has one that he bought years ago, it’s a sad looking rig right now but he has big plans for it. Hope to get it in his shop sometime soon. Maybe will have pictures of that happening in my year in pictures thread. I probably have a picture somewhere of it, it would depress the most jovial person in its condition now.