why backwards?

searcyfarms

why would they want these on backwards? 

Internation 5488 4WD 190 HP 0 hours on rebuilt engine new batteries DT466 engine

its an idaho tractor and for sale on fb 

all 4 tires pointed backwards maybe cobber can tell us why they put them on backurds out there in them parts 

too many pbrs? 

image.thumb.png.ad2495c442285b63250c98497f32b14a.png

I have heard of running the fronts backwards part of the time to even wear if it is used for road travel a lot but haven't heard anything about the rear tires like that

• Like 1

That is so you can back your dumbazz out of places you shouldn't have tried to go in the first place.

Everybody hase that neighbor that has to first one out every spring?

• Haha 5

Backwards is flotation and forwards is traction. Maybe they have soft spots that need to float over? Or other thought I'd getting ready to or just been hauled so reversed wheels to narrow up for that?  Rear wheel discs are in i see.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KWRB said:

They may have flipped them around for width -narrower

Just a guess

That was my guess, for transport.,,, no pics of the other side, he may just have 2 right hand tires on there.. they are directional you know..?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

interesting, i didnt realize outside of extra traction backing up, maybe doesnt tear up ground as much in the hay field turning ? 

Hay work was my guess.  Looks like he is in hay production/alfalfa seed production area.

• Like 2

Easy, farmer pulls up to aunt bee’s kitchen, steals opies apple pie and drives away, but, when Barney gets to the scene he looks at the tracks and says “ange the pie guy went thataway” not knowing the tires were on backwards, another fine job of police work by deputy fife.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

why would they want these on backwards? 

Internation 5488 4WD 190 HP 0 hours on rebuilt engine new batteries DT466 engine

its an idaho tractor and for sale on fb 

all 4 tires pointed backwards maybe cobber can tell us why they put them on backurds out there in them parts 

too many pbrs? 

image.thumb.png.ad2495c442285b63250c98497f32b14a.png

I always thought the water on the Weiser river tasted funny.