They used to be religion and politics were taboo now we have another one

lorenzo

8 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Have you noticed no one wants to discuss if they are going to get the shot or not. 

I was in a small town café yesterday and I heard a group of old men talking about about how they are not going to get the shot because they are using baby lungs and baby livers to make the vaccine.  I wanted to interrupt them and say who in the world or where in the world or what in the world have you been reading and you can’t possibly believe that. 

amazing what people believe because they read it on the internet .

C830505D-080A-42E6-9660-804E01FA5A0C.thumb.jpeg.4e7c253a67e3f92e2ea2cd47eeeeed5a.jpeg

Well ****.  I was thinking WTh has gotten into this ol rancher boy.  The after seeing few others catch it.  

I alllmmoost got a little bunched.  Well played my virtual friend, well played.

We (like anyone in my immediate family) are not planning on being in 1st round.  Not s anti vacc guy by any means.  I just like to be 2nd on new tech...not 1st.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Well ****.  I was thinking WTh has gotten into this ol rancher boy.  The after seeing few others catch it.  

I alllmmoost got a little bunched.  Well played my virtual friend, well played.

We (like anyone in my immediate family) are not planning on being in 1st round.  Not s anti vacc guy by any means.  I just like to be 2nd on new tech...not 1st.  

Me too, when I bought my truck, no way was I getting the first year 6.7 with the 6 speed auto, stayed old school glad I did, same with this.

• Like 2

I have no doubt that at some point we will be required to have been vaccinated for my job.  Small remote camp work sites have a whole set of issues.  I am already required and even provided with immunizations for several items, like hepatitis (the plumbing side of work).

I won’t buy a vehicle of motor the first year it’s out, most likely won’t want to have a first round of this.

and one of the reasons they got it so fast is the government’s warp speed deal cut a lot of red tap. It is also why they are publishing so many warning, like about birth defects.  They have not tested it yet 

I don’t want the chink virus vaccine, but the wife will probably try to railroad me in to getting it once its availability reaches us.

I have my flu shot for this flu season. I keep up with getting a tetanus shot, what is that, every 10 years I think. I have now had the 2 part Shinrix shot for Shingles. I have now had the first of a 2 part shot for pneumonia, the second part is needed a year after the first. 

But this chink virus shot- I am afraid of it. But I fear the airlines are going to eventually require it before you will be allowed to fly with them regardless of whether it’s domestically or internationally. We do want to fly again, so I guess I’ll have to break down and get the shot eventually. 

6 minutes ago, New Englander said:

If not a virus then what is it Doc?

An ingenuous way to get several trillion dollars out of the federal coffers and into the states hands so they can spread it amongst their minions. Be careful it has a 99.5% survival rate. 

• Like 3

So many rumors and totally unfounded BS out on the internet that it doesn't surprise me that some old boys in the diner think that they're chopping up babies to make the vaccine or that COVID-19 is fake, developed by some nefarious character to inject mind control chips into everyone, etc. The anti-vax crowd just keeps pumping it out playing on people's fear of what they don't understand. Yes, most survive an encounter with COVID-19 but so many have been infected that the death toll is staggering. My kids might get it and shake it off but it may kill me.

Anyway, I'm already carrying a piece of paper saying I'm one of the necessary ones so my sleeve is already rolled up for the first one I can get.

2 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

An ingenuous way to get several trillion dollars out of the federal coffers and into the states hands so they can spread it amongst their minions. Be careful it has a 99.5% survival rate. 

Doesn't even begin to make sense. Collapse the economy for an excuse to hurry countless researchers and vaccine makers and give them money? Sounds like another internet conspiracy theory that sounds good until you take a couple minutes to think about it.

1 minute ago, New Englander said:

Doesn't even begin to make sense. Collapse the economy for an excuse to hurry countless researchers and vaccine makers and give them money? Sounds like another internet conspiracy theory that sounds good until you take a couple minutes to think about it.

You might want to read the verbiage in the cares act.

There is no doubt the virus is real the government response to it is the big problem.

There is never a bill passed that doesn't have a bunch of pork in it. 

If you read it you will find out why they want everyone to test as often as they can

• Like 2

My question is simple if they are saying that getting the actual virus does not give immunity long term, how the hill do they expect the shot to? 

Ps locally the infection rate is waneing fast went from a peak average of 1500 a day in Montana not 6-700 a day with zero spike after Thanksgiving. They are going to claim vaccine success when reality it was just what viruses do. Cycle

• Like 3

Not in any hurry to take it. Would like to wait and see what happens.

The vaccine seems to mitigate the severe symptoms in those that are susceptible to developing them and not do anything to prevent people from getting or transmitting it.

So the vaccine won't do anything to stop the spread. No doubt a certain number of people after getting the shot will stop taking precautions and spread it even faster.

The other elephant in the room is that this situation is creating an huge group of germophobic people that fear viruses / diseases to the point that they will never feel safe again coming outside their bubble. 

The media will also continue to fan the flames of hysteria about this virus and when there eventually is a true prevention for it developed......then they will move on to something else to maintain the state of terror and crisis on the masses.

• Like 4

It all comes down to who do you trust, and why do you trust them?

I tend to trust people that I haven't caught telling lies or contradicting themselves.

The tiny doctor has been caught changing his story so many times it makes my head spin.

And now we're hearing that we'll have to continue with the mitigation efforts till who knows when. 

What a bait and switch.  In case you missed it first time around, here's this:

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

So many rumors and totally unfounded BS out on the internet that it doesn't surprise me that some old boys in the diner think that they're chopping up babies to make the vaccine or that COVID-19 is fake, developed by some nefarious character to inject mind control chips into everyone, etc. The anti-vax crowd just keeps pumping it out playing on people's fear of what they don't understand. Yes, most survive an encounter with COVID-19 but so many have been infected that the death toll is staggering. My kids might get it and shake it off but it may kill me.

Anyway, I'm already carrying a piece of paper saying I'm one of the necessary ones so my sleeve is already rolled up for the first one I can get.

You have to carry a piece of paper to say your neccessary??

We don't do that here. Is that freedom?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, new guy said:

substitute "didn't".

1 minute ago, new guy said:

Don't.

I go where i want and do what i want and i don't have some little piece of paper. Just moving on with life. Stopping the virus is like stopping the rain. You can try.....

I'm with you.  Like Paul Harvey used to say "you can run but you can't hide".

People are playing hide and seek with the air.

24 minutes ago, new guy said:

It says I'm an essential worker and not to impede my movements, freedom, if you will in case any local authority decides to attempt to restrict movement. As far as I know, we're all free to move but encouraged not to to slow the spread.

• Like 1