The US mail....

Dell

Ok, I wasn't going to add to this post, but after tracking some parts I ordered over a month ago, I have to. I can't wait to see where you hide parts go next ??

Here's the screen shots of their progress. East coast, to the west coast and now back to the east coast. Good thing I'm not paying by the Mile

Mark

Screenshot_20201217-090510.png

Screenshot_20201217-090523.png

FedEx and UPS are both good here while USPS, not so much. We've been waiting for a priority mail package from CT, less than 150 miles from here since it was mailed December 4th. 13 days later it has made it to Nashua, NH after spending a week in Springfield, MA (Simpsons?).

Usual UPS driver is great although he must be serving somewhere else during the rush. FedEx drivers different all the time. Years ago it was the same driver all the time and the FedEx girl got the dog to thinking that every truck that came up the drive had treats for him!

• Haha 1

It's the same everywhere. I ordered some parts from the US amazon 2 weeks ago and got them early this week, which was alot sooner than I expected. Same time I ordered some stuff from Cabelas up here, and it is still in transit from Calgary. Although I've had trouble with shipping from Cabelas before. Everything else i have ordered online this fall/winter has been here within in the week, and most of it comes to the post office here through Canada Post. Some is through other carriers, but they have all been pretty good. Except for the combine parts we ordered back in September. Loomis I think was the carrier. Ordered them from a dealer in SK about 4 hours away, thinking it should be in within a couple days. Nope 3 days it hadn't even left SK! Took a week to get here. If we knew it was gonna take that long I would've went and picked it up myself. There was definetly no Christmas rush at that time lol

I just got this in my USPS Informed delivery email today.

Never had an issue with USPS.  Fedex, different story.  They've left packages balancing on my mailbox at the end of the driveway.  Left it at the highway a couple miles away.  Neighbor's yard sitting on a generator mile and a half away.  Relative's house, 40 miles away, same last name, not even close address, same zip.  And at the Post office in town 30 miles away.

Screenshot_20201217-121809_Gmail.jpg

Getting a couple running boards for my D-35 from California to Ohio. Told the shipper to wait to send it after the holidays. Gonna ship them USPS. Be interesting to see when they show up.

18 minutes ago, db1486 said:

If we knew it was gonna take that long I would've went and picked it up myself.

Same for the stuff we're waiting for in CT. Heck, I drove right by the place when I was dropping a propeller off to the shop but the stuff we're waiting on was already in the USPS system.

COVID has surely screwed up this year!

3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

UPS has been driving a UHaul truck since early summer. Says their truck fleet is hurting.

You used to have the best UPS driver in the world. Wasn’t afraid to bale out jump the fence and shove a calf’s head back through the fence. ?

• Haha 1

FedEx is horrible here. UPS and USPS both pretty decent. FedEx will just leave package out by the road, at night in front of garage doors so you run over them, most anywhere other than where they should. Last driver in a beat up old truck that would barely run, no uniform, sportin gang colors, pants halfway up..you get the picture.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

FedEx is horrible here. UPS and USPS both pretty decent. FedEx will just leave package out by the road, at night in front of garage doors so you run over them, most anywhere other than where they should. Last driver in a beat up old truck that would barely run, no uniform, sportin gang colors, pants halfway up..you get the picture.

Before COVID, Fed Ex would rarely leave any package at my house. They'd just slap a door tag on the door and take off. We had to be sitting by the door watching the driveway for them to come and then quickly get out to their truck so we could get the package. Because of this, I make every effort to avoid having anything shipped by them. If it can't be avoided, then I have it shipped to my work address.

Right know UPS happens to be giving me fits but every body has their day we ship as much as possible USPS UPS stops at the post office almost every day with packages to go farther We also have Speedee in the midwest pretty good, and less expensive most of the time but regional .

Good luck , bought a mower blade for the mtd, and guaranteed delivery come and went ,put in a complaint, vendor said it was the third thing they lost for him in a week. Well I got my money back ,reorder got it. Then couple of days later got the other one ?

Sent a packages to Fort Leavenworth last week asked if they would get there  before Christmas, the gal said I doubt it. ?‍♂️

I noticed Bates Corp is recommending you ship ups, so the wife went there to send a package for Christmas to Fort Leavenworth . 

1 hour ago, ChrisNY said:

Fed Ex here is horrible at the main farm and mom and Dad's. We say they couldn't find T--s in a strip club. Sad part is they are constantly driving by mom and Dad's house to run to the big car parts factory 2 and a half miles directly south of their house. Whenever something comes Fed Ex to them they screw around for a week and then claim they can't find the address. They got good at going to their depot in Jackson Mi to pick stuff up. Now Fed Ex can find my place 4 miles away from them so if it absolutely must come Fed Ex it gets sent to my house.

Sister in law has been waiting for a package that shipped the 20th of November. Just got it today. 

I got a package this afternoon from Fedex, the driver must not get out to the country much. He gives me my package then ignores the handy turn around circle, ignores a great traveled place to back up and turn around. Then he proceeds to struggle to back all the way to the county road, despite the fact that my driveway is straight, he could not seem to stay on it. I was honestly scared that he would miss the cattle guard and drive into the ditch it crosses.

We got a new postmaster about a year ago and he said carriers could not pull down to your house unless you had a circle drive so they didn't have to back up. So 90% of us didn't get our packages only a note to pick them up at the post office.  Supposedly some one with a sick child was waiting for medicine that was mailed in a freeze pack and only got the note. They went to pick up the package and meet the postmaster. During their meeting the postmaster kept falling down. After the meeting the policy was changed and we got another postmaster.

FedEx funnys. We have one that leaves packages on the barn bridge of the bank barn. Basically on the ground.

Another who appears rather LGBT insists on unloading and carrying to final resting place. No gentlemanly behavior for her by golly.

Another who BACKED a 1/4 mile down an entrance road even when told there was a ten acre parking lot back there.

Found a FedEx package in the mailbox yesterday.

4 hours ago, New Englander said:

FedEx and UPS are both good here while USPS, not so much. We've been waiting for a priority mail package from CT, less than 150 miles from here since it was mailed December 4th. 13 days later it has made it to Nashua, NH after spending a week in Springfield, MA (Simpsons?).

Usual UPS driver is great although he must be serving somewhere else during the rush. FedEx drivers different all the time. Years ago it was the same driver all the time and the FedEx girl got the dog to thinking that every truck that came up the drive had treats for him!

Every single thing I order through USPS gets going up in Springfield.

Do you guys remember, around about 2000, when email was becoming the norm and supplanting letter writing, but internet shopping hadn't taken off, when the government was lamenting that the internet was going to kill the postal service? Well, it may yet, but it won't be because it starved them of business. It'll be because it over revved the engine!!

2 minutes ago, KWRB said:

Every single thing I order through USPS gets going up in Springfield.

Do you guys remember, around about 2000, when email was becoming the norm and supplanting letter writing, but internet shopping hadn't taken off, when the government was lamenting that the internet was going to kill the postal service? Well, it may yet, but it won't be because it starved them of business. It'll be because it over revved the engine!!

The post office has survived or out lived newspapers,telegraph,telephone,radio communication,satilite communication,fax machines,the internet,cellphones and texting. And their pension is fully funded until the next century(why they don't show a profit much).

I guess i am lucky well i know i am. The lady who carries the US Main here is a Very Nice Mannered Lady and is Pretty, Sweet And Just a Really Nice Person

• Haha 1

Here it seems pretty hit and miss all carriers. If it makes it town we are in good shape but shipments are getting misdirected lost or held up at all the major sorting centers. Wife's main complaint is USPS recently. My major pain has been going on for months are the LTL shipments in and out at work. The most often used excuse is they can't get trailer loads broken down and reloaded "short handed". First noticed this on a budget company we tried buy now it has happening at the majors like XPO. GRRRRRRR

We used to have a couple of contracts with USPS for surface transportation. They would order extra trips for the week or two before Christmas that would be on a set schedule to go every day. More often than not those 45 foot trailers ran empty. Or the times when the lake effect snow was so bad you couldnt see 3 feet and someone at the USPS would call every 10 minutes because we wouldnt let the driver leave or told him to hold up where it was safe. They dont have a clue and this debacle just proves it. Its not just their pension fund causing the problem, they are poorly run and extremely inefficient. We honestly couldnt take all the abuse from the people at the Buffalo Distribution center who didnt know a tractor - trailer from a manhole cover, that we finally just refused to re-negotiate our contracts. Best thing we ever did. 

1 hour ago, junkandcattle said:

Not to start any conspiracy theory but the wife pointed out none of her lost packages have been from Amazon they have gotten here just fine.

Amazon has lost or delayed a few on us but mostly have been reliable as has been UPS and FedEx the exception is USPS; just very slow. I'm quite amazed at what will arrive the next day from Amazon.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DaveinSD said:

I got a package this afternoon from Fedex, the driver must not get out to the country much. He gives me my package then ignores the handy turn around circle, ignores a great traveled place to back up and turn around. Then he proceeds to struggle to back all the way to the county road, despite the fact that my driveway is straight, he could not seem to stay on it. I was honestly scared that he would miss the cattle guard and drive into the ditch it crosses.

Sounds about like my last nights Fedex adventure. keep in mind I have 2 driveways that are connected, one goes up to shop other to house and they are connected so you can drive in one and out the other. I also have 6' wooden stakes as driveway markers up for the winter on both driveways, so you can find driveway in the winter. So Fedex stops at end of driveway in a uhaul van. Makes about 5 attempts to back into driveway, not even close but on attempt 5 just keeps backing and mows down all my markers and almost hits power pole. Needless to say when he got out I had more than a few choice words for him.?

• Haha 1