1872 slow reverse

1872simcabblower

Linkage needs adjusted, or rebuilt. 

"Hydraulic pump" is just the charge pump on the hydro.  It can't be rebuilt, only replaced.  Unless you mean you had the steering handpump rebuilt.  Either way, should not have affected reverse in the least.  Not unless you remove the transaxle for some reason.....

Reverse is half the speed of forward . The springs on the hydro are getting weak  the load can overpower the spring and return the shach plate back to neutral .The hydro linkage should be rebuilt  but  you can put a 1/4bolt n the reverse slot so you can over ride the load with the hydro  lever.

Rebuild these parts (top photo) and the slot they ride in.

Bottom photo was "as found" on mine.  

Middle is repaired.

Next issue of Cub Cadet Connection magazine will have full write up.

20200829_174107.jpg

20200829_174415.jpg

20200829_154903.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1872simcabblower said:

what kind of lube do i use for this snow thrower? thanks i’ll check all that out

image.jpg

The front auger worm gear drive really needs corn head grease.  It's hard to put it in that fill hole though.  The main gearbox should have a grease zerk on the bottom of it.  I think I added a grease zerk to the auger drive gearbox on mine when I rebuilt it.  I will go look. 

Just as a note, the original gear in the box on the auger shaft is aluminum.  You need to pull the auger sheer pins and make sure the augers will spin on the shaft.  Oil them up good while you're doing that.  Then, make sure you are using a soft sheer bolt.  I can't remember if they are a grade 3 or 5.  I'm thinking 3.  If you do blow that gear out, there is a brass replacement.  That is what I installed.  Fits other models and still available.