Can you name all "nine" of Santa's reindeer?

sandhiller

Interesting you posted this. We were reading ‘Twas the night before Christmas  to little man the other night and I had always hear “Donner” and this old school version of the poem was written “Donder”. Kinda made me wonder. Doesn’t matter but was a curious thing to me. 

48 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Interesting you posted this. We were reading ‘Twas the night before Christmas  to little man the other night and I had always hear “Donner” and this old school version of the poem was written “Donder”. Kinda made me wonder. Doesn’t matter but was a curious thing to me. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=names+of+reindeer&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

I had that memorized when about 8 years old. Can do a good bit of it now but not always in correct order.  Rudolph wasn't around yet at that time. 

Waiting and looking for Santa.  Great fun.  In our country school, the teacher even had one of the older students go out and hold the reindeer for Santa when he arrived after the Christmas program.  Then it got all messed up when I figured out the neighbor could change his voice and , there was Santa. 

The name means thunder the german for thunder is now spelled donner, the old dutch words are  spelled donder, the same goes with blitzen, which means lightning new german spelling, old dutch spelling is bliksem.

Now if we could just get a correct answer on the spelling of mary christmas, and her drunken half brother, happe noo year.

Archived