International 240 or Farmall 240

ThePunisher

I have asked a few people about this. This tractor is up for sale... says Farmall 240 but has international badges and 240 utility badges. Guy says it was a Chisholm Ryder conversion but I know very little about them. Does this seem legit? Or just a made up thing?

DC3CB9A9-2D70-4B10-A1BB-A1199F231EB1.png

324D7D23-604E-49AA-ADF9-CB7F7B01199D.png

193F7C61-7B16-4459-B2B0-AC3278F4BDFF.png

what ever chisem rider means? if thats what he says. but the tractor is a farmall. too bad dont have a decent serial # picture. and it could have any decals put on it even if wrong.

26 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Most of the Chisolm Rider conversion tractors came yellow without emblems. So, they may have been added later when someone painted it red and white again.

Oh... now that makes a bit of sense then... maybe the guy had a 240 utility donor tractor...

41 minutes ago, ThePunisher said:

Oh... now that makes a bit of sense then... maybe the guy had a 240 utility donor tractor...

or didn't know/care what emblems he used.

my 240 was also a Chisholm Ryder tractor. SN 614    CR601J.  it was painted red and white over the yellow when I bought it. no emblems, but all kinds of hydraulics. it was used as a spray tractor with saddle tanks that I took off. Added the fast hitch, ROPS, and emblems.

004.thumb.JPG.15bebf359b0d41f9c9071c3fcd25e5df.JPG

CR tractors extracted from their machines tend to be missing features, and/or certain things tend to be cobbled together. Usually centered around the operator's platform and hitch areas because the harvester machines had their own operator's platform, and no need of a hitch.

There was a 656 Hydro removed from a CR harvester auctioned off here early in the year. The entire operator's platform was a cob job. Whoever rescued the tractor installed a flat plate for a transmission top and deck. Hydraulic controls were a bank of generic open center valves fed by a line from the transmission and the return dumped into a hole drilled into the plate under the seat. It was obvious that they converted this one back into a tractor on a budget and as quickly as possible.

Oh yeah, and it had rusty Oliver 50-series fenders on it, installed backwards.

You can get all the parts and they will bolt on, but it's usually a matter of cost and finding the parts.

Looks like the swinging drawbar that was available on those tractors without 3 point or fast hitch.   I think I may see the rear drawbar support for the 2 piece drawbar under the rear end housing,  interesting. 

Archived