I had a 62' Galaxie 500 XL, back in the day.  Rangoon Red with a white rag top, 390, 4 spd with a Hurst shifter, buckets with the center console my honey use to sit on.  Those were the days.  BK.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Back in the days of of full frame heavy cars we did all we could do to run a 12 second quarter and thought we were fast .   Lol. Lol.  Now you can go to a used car lot buy a four door Ford Taurus SHO , fill it with crappy pump gas and a trunk full of grocery’s and blow the doors off anything we had back then.   If you want to have your eyes opened up take a ride in a Subaru WRX sometime.  It will blow your mind. 

12 seconds? I would have killed for 12 seconds, I broke the bank then to get the Z into the 12s, my roadrunner in my class H stock I believe was super fast and my best time was 13.95, I had a smile on my face till the next race day.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

12 seconds? I would have killed for 12 seconds, I broke the bank then to get the Z into the 12s, my roadrunner in my class H stock I believe was super fast and my best time was 13.95, I had a smile on my face till the next race day.

My point exactly.  It took all we could come up with to get to that point and every extra last dollar but now that’s achievable in a stock off the showroom grocery getter. 

• Like 2

I think your right. Tho I'm wondering what 61 looked like. Whats the story with this guy? Seen a lot of neat stuff there but never figured out who he is or wether a reato mod or restoration  shop? Or just a flipper?

Also tryn to recall what a starliner?  Looked like. Was slightly diff than a galaxie i think?

• Like 2

So I googled. 61s had a baby fin and the starliner had more of a fastback roof line in 60 and 61 only looks like. Idk why but this one doesn't look quite right to me but it must be a 62.

• Like 1

The 406 was good but the the 427 ,428,and 429 were downright nasty. The 427 in a little different form won lemans. Served enzo and his minions their but on a platter.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

This one is sitting on a local jockeys lot. Pretty sure it's a '62.

IMG_0794.JPG

See that Fairlane fast back in the back ground.

My friends dad had one.

He was a traveling sales man ordered it in 428CJ 4 speed with a bench seat my friend still has it. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, exSW said:

Tire and suspention tech has quickened those old muscle cars up quite a bit.

Amen to that, what we thought was the katz azz with traction bars, coil over shocks, measured out shackles they now go strictly four point and power straight to the road, front ends lighter and stronger, lighter full body frames, on and on.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Amen to that, what we thought was the katz azz with traction bars, coil over shocks, measured out shackles they now go strictly four point and power straight to the road, front ends lighter and stronger, lighter full body frames, on and on.

Just what is known about shock valveing,spring rates,tire compounds and pressures on  a stock appearing car is huge.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, exSW said:

Just what is known about shock valveing,spring rates,tire compounds and pressures on  a stock appearing car is huge.

Ya know what’s funny ex? 50-60 years isn’t really that long but what I’ve learned over the past 25 years on cars  makes my days of racing cars seem like the flintstone car, yaba daba doo.

• Like 1
On 12/12/2020 at 9:10 AM, twostepn2001 said:

This is my dream car:     1964 FORD Galaxie 500 Fastback P-Code 390ci/330hp Police Interceptor with a Toploader 4 Speed... Vintage Burgundy with Black split Bench seat interior... Color Coded wheels with Dog Dish Caps just set it off...

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Not a Ford collector but i do love the old muscle cars when you can find them in burgundy paint. Took a long time to get my hands on a burgundy Charger but i got it.

• Like 2
On 12/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, iowaboy1965 said:

So I googled. 61s had a baby fin and the starliner had more of a fastback roof line in 60 and 61 only looks like. Idk why but this one doesn't look quite right to me but it must be a 62.

Yes, the 61 had small fins, my mother drove a teal green 61, two door.  Gorgeous, lol.  Couldn't find a Teal Green pic. BK.

mecum-starliner-4.jpg

• Like 4

I'm kinda liking the look of the 61 starliner. I used to know of a junkyard reportedly to have several in it. Tho thats been my years ago. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Y’all are talkin smack wit yur star carz, 

here is a booty I luved in ‘62. 

Starfire hardtop.

8D32BAA7-2669-4D7F-8788-188300892EA5.jpeg

OMG, I'm getting old.  I use to drive a 62 Olds, the pink panther, it was a pinkish rose color.  It was the family sedan I got to borrow on Saturday night.  BK.

16 minutes ago, Brady Boy said:

OMG, I'm getting old.  I use to drive a 62 Olds, the pink panther, it was a pinkish rose color.  It was the family sedan I got to borrow on Saturday night.  BK.

I remember that color, sort of the same rose color 55 and 56 chevs had with a grey two tone.