756 Farmall (in France)

On my 756 I have trailers brakes

It is a part (I think it is a distributor?) from Bosch

I don't know if this part was mounted at the plant in the US, or if it was mounted in Europe by the dealer!

there is 3 hoses from the pump to the distributor. My question is: do you know what are those 3 hoses? I think there is a pressure, a return and the 3rd???

thanks in advance for your help!!!

SDC14958.JPG

SDC15629.JPG

Don't know. Just guessing by appearances. It appears that is plumbed in series with hitch and auxiliaries.  #1 is pump pressure. #2 is supply to hitch and auxiliaries. Here is the guess. #3 return to reservoir? It would be no pressure return from trailer brakes when they are released.

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2021 at 2:29 PM, François02 said:

New question, perhaps it will have more replies!

What is the color of the oil radiator: black or red?

And what is the color of the front grill: silver or ivory?

The oil cooler would have been painted red at the factory with the rest of the chassis. 

The grille has silver bars with a black mesh screen behind it.

20210926_152513.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, François02 said:

New question guys!

I'm not sure that the two levers for the gearbox (at the right side of the tractor) are the same? And it is the same in the TA lever? I'm looking to order news rubber knob

The Range shift lever, Speed shift lever, and the T/A operating lever all take the same knob, p/n 397978R2.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello guys

quick question... I was wondering if rear's rims of the 7210 will fits on the 756?

I'm talking about the grey part. It seems to be the same but I want to be absolutely sure because I will replace the olds and damaged rims from the 756 by a pair from the 7210 (both are 38")

01.jpg

02.jpg

The rear rims should interchange, however, I'm betting your 7210 has 16 driving lugs that attach the center hub to the rim, while your 756 has 12 driving lugs.  Most newer rims are dual pattern, meaning the spaces between the raised nubs on the bevel of the rims are spaced so that they will work with either a 12 or 16 lug hub.  Not sure how many driving lugs on your 7210 currently contact the raised nubs on the rims, but you might not get near as many driving lugs to contact the raised nubs when installing them on the 756.  As long as you get two driving lugs on two raised nubs on the rims when you put them on the 756, you'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, acem said:

Full coverage fenders?

the 756 was equiped with a french cab, and the previous owner dismantled it to only let the fenders on. Most of US Farmalls in France with the cab are like mine because thoses cabs were a piece of rust...

I'll replace it by brand news fenders, US style with 2 lamps (and I'm searching about led lamps to put on it).

• 1 month later...

today I put the rims off the tractor

I don't know how to name the "ball" in the yellow circle, but I have 4 of them in the farmall rim, and in the same side of the rim. On the magnums rim I have 10 of them and all around the rim

I don't know what to think about that...

and as you can see, I have 2 differents rims clamps and I don't understand why...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The raised nubs are the drive lugs. Only need 3 or 4 to engage.

The different clamp is used to center the rim to the axle. You need 2 per wheel and they MUST be 90 degrees apart from each other in relation to the axle. My OCD makes me put them on the drive lugs. You tighten those 2 special ones all the way down first, then work around the rim tightening the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys

I was looking my olds pics and I can't remember what the part in the circle was for? I don't see its utility 🤔

I am cleaning a lot of bolts to put them zinc on it, "zinc plating" by a company! It's cheaper than buy new ones (US bolts are rare here...) and I keep originals bolts!

01.jpg

1 hour ago, François02 said:

hello guys

I was looking my olds pics and I can't remember what the part in the circle was for? I don't see its utility 🤔

I am cleaning a lot of bolts to put them zinc on it, "zinc plating" by a company! It's cheaper than buy new ones (US bolts are rare here...) and I keep originals bolts!

01.jpg

Taillight bracket.

• Thanks 1

thanks for your reply! I haven't any lamp when I bought the tractor (only used by day I guess 🤣)

If someone has some time to waste... Could you post some pics of around the seat, and the platform and the steering column (where there is all switches)

thanks a lot :)

• 4 weeks later...

I need help again

the previous owner did a bad job on the dashboard...

I made a washer with the notch to put the lights switch, but I don't know where to put the notch on the dashboard... towards the left, or right, or up, or down???

It is a 4 positions switch: https://histoparts.com/ih4113___rotary-light-switch-farmall-international/3

If someone can help me, thanks a lot!!!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

nobody?

or perhaps an easier question: I have got a 4 positions switch

it is a ON - OFF - ON - ON

or a OFF - ON - ON - ON

??

I have to know if the switch is in the vertical position when it is off

thanks!!!

Bolts and small pins are coming back from zinc plating! I have got new IH bolts :D

And my rims were paint with a powder paint (epoxy), very good job! And I put new tires on them of course

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 4:03 AM, François02 said:

nobody?

or perhaps an easier question: I have got a 4 positions switch

it is a ON - OFF - ON - ON

or a OFF - ON - ON - ON

??

I have to know if the switch is in the vertical position when it is off

thanks!!!

Sitting at an auction waiting to bid on a couple 806 gassers and I snapped this picture for you.

Off, dim, bright, road.

20220515_105831.jpg

• Thanks 1