Hello everyone

I created a topic few years ago but lot of pics disappeared...

here it is:

I  still restore the tractor... I need more time to work on it and few parts were hard to arrive here because I didn't work with the good guy... But now I have almost all parts I need.

• Like 1

I have a question because I had to change the hitch levers support and I lost a part on the hitch distributor... ?

The hitch distributor is leaking so I will change the seal between it and the trans cover. But can I have all distributors by remove the 3 bolts I put in yellow on the pic? There is 2 rods for the hitch and I hope it will stay here

what do you think?

thanks for your replies

20201209_170040.jpg

Not a lot of replies but perhaps I will find help with this one! :)

The hitch levers support had been broken and welded... sadly it was wrong welded. I had to change it and I found one but mine is with a spinnaker seal and a bushing (brass I guess). The support I have to replace has not that assembly, there is plastic bushing and that's all... (and O-rings)

What do you think? O-ring + plastic bushing are enough to be sure there won't be a leak?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Sorry. First picture I'm sure you know by now the answer was yes. The brakes look good to me. As long as the hubs have clearance I would use them. Have no idea what specs would be. As far as the plastic bushing and oring. I have no memory of any thing else.

I do some research on NGPC (parts online) and there was 2 mounting... sadly the view on NGPC is really really blurry :(  I will check tomorrow on the workshop

I will have to change O-rings at least, bushing I will check if there is some play

After a long time to search, I found what I was searching

there is some plastic bushing, my dealer can have only 1 ref but it is OK because they are not ruined. I will change 2 of them because it is not expensive (4€ each) and while all is dismantle, it is the opportunity!

But I have a doubt about a part... It is a little bearing, ref #532408R1 (in yellow in my pic)

If someone knows dimensions of it... I don't know if mine is ruined or if it good, and I didn't found any dimensions on the Internet...

Thanks in advance!

01.jpg

02.jpg

the brakes for USA 52-66' are + - 1/2" .50 us NEW and done when 7/16" .437 us

not sure after '65

there are 8 wearing surfaces to brake pack so .45 or less may not hold good

and <.43 could be none or over center and lock

this says they are < 7/16 NEW

17DISC- DISC,46.63mm ID x 203.2mm OD x 11.1mm Thk     84468308

• 3 months later...

Hello guys

I'm looking for paint for my 756

What is the good (or better) RAL for a 1970's farmall? The compagny where I will take the paint can't mix two RAL

For red, and white and silver (rear rims)

Do you paint the exhaust manifold with a high temperature paint? what color do you use (I can choose between black and grey (silver))?

and last question, how much paint will I need?

A compagny can provide me PPG paint. I know you use this brand in the US, so what references do you use?

Thanks a lot for your help!

16 hours ago, François02 said:

Do you paint the exhaust manifold with a high temperature paint?

https://www.tptools.com/SEYMOUR-High-Temp-Cast-Blast-Restoration-Paint-12-oz,6694.html?b=s*seymour+cast+blast+restoration+paint%2c+12+oz
A restoration pro told me about this cast blast and I tried it and really like it compared to other high temp black paints. 

36918A4F-9C9B-4723-AF58-65E373DCC4EC.jpeg

• Like 3
16 hours ago, François02 said:

A compagny can provide me PPG paint. I know you use this brand in the US, so what references do you use?

I had some issues with the 901 white last year but finally was able to get it made.

C725EFFA-65D8-44DE-9D88-B9BE0E271B39.png

11 hours ago, TeachersPet1066 said:

https://www.tptools.com/SEYMOUR-High-Temp-Cast-Blast-Restoration-Paint-12-oz,6694.html?b=s*seymour+cast+blast+restoration+paint%2c+12+oz
A restoration pro told me about this cast blast and I tried it and really like it compared to other high temp black paints. 

I don't find it here 😪 I will keep searching... It looks really nice, almost as a new part!

Thanks for the colors but if someone knows RAL... about red 3003 seems too dark and 3002 seems too clear, a mix between both isn't possible where I can have good quality paint (it is a paint maker, with prices 2 or 3 times cheappers than PPG, for the same quality)

I am a gallon in right now and have not touched the wheels or hubs. Thanking two gallons will catch it. Maybe a gallon and three quarts but that would probably cost more than two gallons. 

Do some research on that paint. Red is a hard keeper and I regret saving money in the past.

Looks good thanks for sharing.

KIMG0166.jpg

If you post your questions in a general ih forum you will get more replies. There are even a few French speakers on there to help with translations. 

BTW my family name is French.

Martin  'Ace' Mershon 

Originally Marchand 

On 4/14/2021 at 7:58 AM, François02 said:

Thanks for the colors but if someone knows RAL... about red 3003 seems too dark and 3002 seems too clear, a mix between both isn't possible where I can have good quality paint (it is a paint maker, with prices 2 or 3 times cheappers than PPG, for the same quality)

Then maybe buy equal amounts if it is good paint and mix them 50/50. Use hardner. We are going to work not the parade and our paint deal is a little quick. Some of it is hot water pressure washed with degreaser. Then spray it down with aluminum bright ( acid ) and let it dry. That etches the old paint and pressure wash it again. If you use sealer you can paint over shortly after spraying it that will cut down on the amount of color paint you have to use.  I did not do that taking my short cuts. Will not have any gray showing up if it flakes off. Will take more time doing the sheet metal.

It stinks when you save a little money on paint and have a pink tractor 4 years later. Spraying Martin Senior this time. I thank it's good. Have to drive an hour for PPG but Napa delivers the other. 

thanks for your replies

I have some informations which tells about 2 gallons. In my case everything is dimantle and I will paint each part one by one, which will ask more paint I guess. But 2 gal is a good start!

I will use an epoxy primer (with zinc in it againt rust) and a polyuréthane paint. Both with hardner.

What color do you use in primer? white or grey?

About brakes... I find kits to change all brakes but there is spings in the kit and I don't remember to have dismantle springs. Perhaps there was differents mounting?

Red primer, did one with grey and the paint came out a wine type color. Beautiful but not expected.

• Like 1