1486 hydraulics

Cummings1486

Went to put the plow away with the 1486 the other day and have noticed that the number one remote is very slow in raising it. This tractor has the closed center hydraulics. Have the flow control up all the way. I put all new tips on the hoses on the plow and didn’t fix it. Number two works like normal. Switched the hoses around and didn’t make a difference. Any ideas on what could be the issue on why it’s so slow going? Maybe the couplers need rebuilding? Thanks for any ideas 

First off, make sure the cable on flow control is actually moving the lever down on the valve to full speed position.  They bend or slip in hold down quite often. 

Coupler problems would show up as you having to hold the lever because of back pressure build up. Lever should stay latched unless you are overloading system which I would say you are not because other valve worked ok. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

if #2 valve works normal did you try it on the cylinder in question? sounds like issues with the cylinder your using

We did do that and no luck with that. Actually took both cylinders off and had them rebuilt. 

1 hour ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

The flow control should be down for fast flow. 

It should be to the front of the tractor on the valve. 

A25D8818-D31B-46A1-BB1B-6AF4B3B619E0.jpeg

DDFF0E6E-2035-4823-9393-6C336EB81F28.jpeg

Correct, I meant I had the flow turned up all the way. Thanks for the pics. Will look at that this morning 

You aren't using adapters are you? 

What syle coupler is on the tractor? IH or ISO? 

You sure the lever isn't broke on the flow control valve?  Does it move with resistance? 

Main valve linkage good? Nothing bent or broke?  Valve spool fully traveling?

Slow to raise and lower? 

Second valve raises the plow like it should, correct? 

We do have adapters in. Has the original iH couplers on it. I wondered if the adapter was the issue but the other remote has adapters as well and is working ok. The second valve raises the plow like it should. It lowers ok , only when raising is it very slow. Going to look at it alittle more this afternoon. The linkage looks good, don’t see anything wrong in that area. Would a relief valve be a possibility?

5 hours ago, Cummings1486 said:

We do have adapters in.

That is likely the problem.

2 hours ago, Big Steve said:

Your check valve on number 1 is not holding. Number 1 has priority over the other valves  and isn't  getting signal to the pump to engage. 

I wasn't thinking.  Yes, this is a PFC system. 

As a test, hold the second remote dead against pressure while using the first one to raise.  If it works normally it is the signal check valve. 

1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

That is likely the problem.

I wasn't thinking.  Yes, this is a PFC system. 

As a test, hold the second remote dead against pressure while using the first one to raise.  If it works normally it is the signal check valve. 

I’ll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks a lot