weather Apps

Am looking at downloading a weather app on phone. What is the better one out there or do you guys use? Was reading in Successful Farming about them. They had a few listed AccuWeather,  Weather Channel plus others.

NOAA has one that pulls up the radar first thing,i like it when i am out in the field, i can take a quick look to check on approaching storms. Several of the river bottoms we farm are behind big bluffs and you can't see anything coming until it is on top of you. I can take a quick glance at the radar then i can hurry up and get stuff covered before it hits.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

NOAA has one that pulls up the radar first thing

That feature would be nice for me out mowing.

Weather man is being threatened at KELO TV in Sioux Falls.

No ice yet for the fishermen and no snow for the snowmobilers.

The weathermen cannot predict the weather and certainly cannot change it.

People are morons!

This is similar to moving the Deer Crossing sign so deer don't get hit anymore.

Repeat: People are morons!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I awake every day to the USA National Weather Service.  Sometimes they get it correct, mostly a day or so out is a gamble.  They are very accurate on tornado tracking.  An important function in this area.  Plus it belongs to the tax payers. If there is a major airport in the vicinity there should be a NWS station. you will require a VHF weather receiver.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Accuweather seems the most accurate. I don’t care for the new format though. Weather Underground is pretty decent too. I usually check both. 

• Like 2

I also like a lightning finder app. Use it a lot during the season.

It is pretty accurate and I can sit on a hill and know how far away the lightning is dropping.

It can be hard to judge how far away smoke is looking out across the hills. (always looks closer than it is)

This app gives me a good idea so I know how to respond.

Screenshot_20201108-231058.thumb.png.b4b6db7c017096607759cd67f3c791d7.png

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

The weathermen cannot predict the weather and certainly cannot change it.

Certainly they can, Listen closely when they promise you that "we are going to give you good weather for the weekend", then, they, along with the rest of the MEDIA are constantly telling us that our 'weather', whatever it might be, IS the result of "man-made climate change".

• Like 1

My old phone I had Weatherbug I liked the way it worked on the Windows OS. I forget what the Iphone had but it stunk right along with the Iphone.This one (Android) I'm using Weather Channel but I'm not thrilled.  I got to say phone operating systems suck and most apps suck worse.

• Like 2

I usually use a combination of a few different weather apps and cross reference them for accuracy. It works ok, seems the last few years weather is getting more difficult to predict. A couple days out they are ok but much more then that you might as well forget it. A weather app I like is called “storm radar” and gives you radar predictions and is pretty close. Gives you like 5-6hrs ahead. It’s a crap shoot really, good luck.

• Like 1

I use weather underground, I have linked my personal weather station to it and they give me a forecast as accurate as most, which isn’t much.

when I open up the app I see the current conditions at my house, and I like that

• Like 1

I just go by how I plan my day................

If I want to go out, it rains.

If I want to do chores, it rains.

If I want to take the truck out, it rains.

If I want to clean and rake outside, it rains.

If I want to stay inside, its sunny.

Doesn't fail.

3 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

I just go by how I plan my day................

If I want to go out, it rains.

If I want to do chores, it rains.

If I want to take the truck out, it rains.

If I want to clean and rake outside, it rains.

If I want to stay inside, its sunny.

Doesn't fail.

Sounds like a good forecast Jake. LOL 5 out of 7 rain 1 sunny  guess that leaves sunday iffe

1 hour ago, Wes806 said:

Sounds like a good forecast Jake. LOL 5 out of 7 rain 1 sunny  guess that leaves sunday iffe

Sunday ahh yes, that’s shopping day, don’t matter rain, sun, snow whatever.

• Haha 1
On 12/4/2020 at 3:03 PM, ChrisNY said:

Accuweather seems the most accurate. I don’t care for the new format though. Weather Underground is pretty decent too. I usually check both. 

What he said. I have those two and NOAA. They are usually on the same page. Weather underground is my go to though

• Like 1