Doc Egore, what are they worth, 4586s

Poor pictures, but a little info for you. Ugly one is a 1976. Very low hours on a complete engine major. 30.5x32 Firestone 12 ply bias at 98%. Rest of the tractor, common wear for it's age

Better looking one, lol, late '80. If it's had any kind of mechanical repairs it's been long enough ago you can't tell. 75% 20.8s. Duals are like Mickey Thompson slicks. Common wear for it's age.

No 3pt on either. Both run, clutches feel good. Owner is interested in selling both as a pair for 12000.

KIMG0072.JPG

KIMG0071.JPG

29 minutes ago, KY2674 said:

I bought a 78' 4586 at auction a year ago in KY. Early 855 cummins repower shows 4500 hrs on a non working tach poor 30.5 insides and 70% 18.4 duals. Paid $7500 so far no problems but sees very little use .

I could see a repowered one being worth more, atleast to me..............

I would say 8-10k would be inline with todays market. The good 30.5's account for a good chunk of that. They both appear to have sat outside for a considerable time

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

I would say 8-10k would be inline with todays market. The good 30.5's account for a good chunk of that. They both appear to have sat outside for a considerable time

I was thinking 4-5k each because of tires. My brother has one, I have used it and am not impressed. Would spend the money on a Steiger If it where me. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NY1468 said:

I was thinking 4-5k each because of tires. My brother has one, I have used it and am not impressed. Would spend the money on a Steiger If it where me. 

I've looked at both of them on 2 different occasions. Once when I took the pictures and another when me and a young helper looked again. Having had one 22 years ago for 8 years too many, I plainly remember the grief and $$$ it cost keeping the old 🐖 going. I have a helper who would like I think to maybe take 2 and make one. I feel there's going to be deep regrets in the end.

• Like 2

In my part of the world, I've seen them in condition of the top one going for $800 to $1500, and the bottom for about $5000. Not much market or demand for them. I will say the $5k unit had a CAT repower.

Thanks for the response's everyone. I haven't saw in person one sell for a very long time. I looked at auction time for a idea. If old tractors could talk about what they have or haven't had done to them over the year's would help. So much on those 45s are obsolete anymore and simply too expensive. I'm thinking probably just leave them set. They've been there long enough that the tires facing west are starting to show the effects of hot sunny summer day's in Ohio. 

• Like 1

I bought one a year ago that was rough supposedly had a knock, did not run at the time. Took it home got it running, yep it sounded like a midget was in the lower end of the motor trying to escape with a hammer. Sold it to All States for parts, which not very many parts were good but hey. Bought it for $500 sold it for $3500.

090247BB-A54E-4FA0-8B1F-0E81EB8EFF9E.png

• Like 1