Anyone heard from Pete23 lately?

I always looked forward to his mechanical advise as it seems that he has done much more and remembered how things were better than I ever had. Praying for his well being

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Been wondering about him myself. I always sat up and take notice when he posts something.

Me 2

he gave me detailed instructions in carb adjustment, i tucked them in my toolbox drawer where i keep ignition type tools, its a little dog eared at this point, but I treasure that piece of paper 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Yes, a bunch here I print notes out from when they put up stuff...................Got a stack of those papers at the garage, sure easier to learn from someone else who has been there than learning it the hard way.

Not easier... CHEAPER 🤫😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

Not easier... CHEAPER 🤫😄

Smarter to learn from those who know like him. 
That makes it cheaper and easier in the long run. 😊

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Smarter to learn from those who know like him. 
That makes it cheaper and easier in the long run. 😊

I read a thing one time about a boat mechanic who had a $100,000 bill to fix the engine, he came in and tapped on the block with a little tiny hammer, captain asked why the bill was so high he said $5 for hammer? $999995 for knowing where to tap

• Haha 3
Just now, zleinenbach said:

I read a thing one time about a boat mechanic who had a $100,000 bill to fix the engine, he came in and tapped on the block with a little tiny hammer, captain asked why the bill was so high he said $5 for hammer? $999995 for knowing where to tap

Maybe one too many zeros

• Haha 2

Sure hope pete23 is okay as well.

He is one of those that we say the following in our business..."He has forgotten more about IH tractors... than most people will ever know about them."

• Like 8

Hopefully he's ok, just on the outside looking in on here. I've seen many times his knowledge get pounced on by the younger less experienced. After a while a person gets tired of that and just sits back thinking whatever.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 856 Custom said:

Hopefully he's ok, just on the outside looking in on here. I've seen many times his knowledge get pounced on by the younger less experienced. After a while a person gets tired of that and just sits back thinking whatever.

I know he had EXACTLY that happen couple years ago and he pushed away from the computer for a while, several months. He posts frequently on YT, they can be an abrasive bunch, I suspect they caused him to leave years ago.  His ability to remember details of repair procedures from decades ago is amazing.

I hope he's well.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I know he had EXACTLY that happen couple years ago and he pushed away from the computer for a while, several months. He posts frequently on YT, they can be an abrasive bunch, I suspect they caused him to leave years ago.  His ability to remember details of repair procedures from decades ago is amazing.

I hope he's well.

He posted yesterday on YT, TT, about a 400 engine question.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

^^^This exactly^^^

He has even commented on this in the past. 

• Like 3

It is sad that it is so easy to be critical of someone from the other side of a computer connection when you would never do it in person. 

If that is the case, hopefully time will heal and Pete will be back to contribute and enjoy this forum. 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

It is sad that it is so easy to be critical of someone from the other side of a computer connection when you would never do it in person. 

If that is the case, hopefully time will heal and Pete will be back to contribute and enjoy this forum. 

52831839.jpg.1c22bda43036849524788c62a7c4edac.jpg