Finally done!!!

farmer john 8910

Good grief.  You had some delightful days getting it done. 

Those spilled truck pictures make me cringe

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Yikes looks like almost everything that could go wrong did. Sure a good feeling to wrap things up after a harvest like that. 

It wasn’t all bad. We had good yields for the dry summer we had and the corn stood well. Got a lot of tillage done while waiting on combine parts too!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, farmer john 8910 said:

Lost 2 trucks, two hoppers, combine transmission, hydro, 2 fires, new 90 ft auger buckled, feederhouse driveshaft exploded and had several gear boxes go out on cornhead and combine if I’m not forgetting anything else lol

good grief. 

2 hours ago, farmer john 8910 said:

It wasn’t all bad. We had good yields for the dry summer we had and the corn stood well. Got a lot of tillage done while waiting on combine parts too!

Glad there was a bit of a silver lining

Insurance must have gotten tired hearing from you. They aren't trying to cancel you? Are they,?

7 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Aside from the trucks, are you insured for the other damages?  Were the trucks beyond repair but salvageable for parts?

Got paid for the two that tipped over which were actually the same truck 2 weeks apart which totaled out two different trailers and the tractor the second time. The white international was mechanical failure which is not covered. The reverse gear fell off and locked up transmission going 65 mph loaded. It put driveshaft through the trailer and sheared the  bell housing and fly wheel off the engine 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, farmer john 8910 said:

Got paid for the two that tipped over which were actually the same truck 2 weeks apart which totaled out two different trailers and the tractor the second time. The white international was mechanical failure which is not covered. The reverse gear fell off and locked up transmission going 65 mph loaded. It put driveshaft through the trailer and sheared the  bell housing and fly wheel off the engine 

I wondered how the hopper got ripped like that. Wouldn't have thought that did it so thanks for the explanation.

We had a trouble free harvest for the most part. Neighbor on the other hand didn't. Burned up his combine running beans the first part of November. Us and a couple of neighbors helped him finish beans

Well now our rough harvest doesn't seem so bad lol. Good to hear you got it wrapped up. Always a good feeling especially when things keep going wrong. I know I was so happy to see the last swath of the year, till the cylinder drive belt blew lol. Then I had had enough. It sure is frustrating when something is going wrong everyday. But good yields always help to make everyone a bit happier

Here's to hoping next year goes better, or smoother maybe!