Interesting deer mount

New Englander

1 hour ago, 12_Guy said:

No matter how big the truck is, the tailgate will never close. Got to drive around and show off the deer. 

It is a pretty cool mount. 

I’m not sure if it’s still law, but it used to be law that a deer in a truck had to be visible. To discourage poaching maybe?

6 minutes ago, brewcrew said:

I’m not sure if it’s still law, but it used to be law that a deer in a truck had to be visible. To discourage poaching maybe?

I think I remember something like that in NH code but I think it just meant that it couldn't be enclosed - open bed truck OK. Open tailgate is for bragging!?

One thing I haven't seen in quite a while is a "great white hunter" hauling his deer, moose, elk, gazelle, home with it strapped to the hood, having it cooked by engine heat, so it will be ready to eat once he reaches the house.

But, those were the days before everyone needed a new pickup, trailer, and UTV to provide the "basic necessities' for a successful hunt.

Interesting for sure. Just for grins and giggles, can anyone identify what make and model of truck that is / was? I myself cannot recognize it. 

I want to guess a Chevy S-10? But what do I know. 

6 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Interesting for sure. Just for grins and giggles, can anyone identify what make and model of truck that is / was? I myself cannot recognize it. 

I want to guess a Chevy S-10? But what do I know. 

First generation Dodge Dakota.

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

strapped to the hood

Yeah, when I was a kid it was quite common to see. Woody Allen has a skit in his early stand-up that mentions the Berkowitzes going to a party dressed as a moose, getting shot and tied to the hood of a car. The punchline is they get mounted and put on display in a country club but the joke is on the country club because it's restricted?. I might have to explain that to some younger ones.

Now everyone has a four door short bed PU that serves as the family car with just enough room to haul the trash out and useless for hauling anything else except the boat trailer.

They used to come thru town here with the game strapped to the hood of the jeep. I wonder if the game wardens left them alone if they saw it.  Was some checkpoints at the port of entry and they found pickups going back with a bunch of bales in the back. horses in the trailer and the center of the bales all kids of illegal game.

3 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i would have picked a better make/model truck to put my mount on for sure that one degrades the value of the mount 

Maybe but the Chevy driver was using his chevrolegs that day and the Ford was found on the road dead. Just luck i guess...

I was thinking about an IH tailgate ...  

Archived