Jump to content

tractor supply coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All our old K-mart stores are now occupied by Rural King stores. I like them better than TSC. A lot more variety.

Tsc has gotten to be a Chinese dumping ground, I like the rural king stores too.

Rural king is more a mix of old quality farm and fleet and what tsc used to be 15-20 year ago.  Around here now tsc stands for Tough $h!t Charlie if you want anything at related except feed or a lawn

TSC here in Canada is becoming Peavy Mart?  Guess it's a western Canada chain that is taking over all of them.  Be interesting to see what they are like?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a lot of Rural King around. The Big R stores aren’t quite as nice. Depends on the individual stores. The actual Rural King stores have very similar selections. I have been to Fleet Farm stores up North and always liked them better. Much more sporting goods stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CC_Ranger said:

Mike, 

I pass a bunch of Culvers on my way to bird camp up around Lake City, stopped at one back in October, traffic was wrapped around the store due to covid restrictions. I kept going!

Yeah, it's  been that way all summer but it's worth the wait. We picked up a dozer for work this summer. My co-worker and I stopped at a Culvers that was just down the street from where we picked the dozer up. We didn't want to eat in the truck so we asked if we could eat on the picnic tables outside to which they said yes to. It was a good lunch on a good summer day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t get too excited. Runnings stores here are 100% better than TSC. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In illinois I went in a rural king store and then I was envious. Tractor supply is better than walmart but not by a lot

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

in our local area a mennonite has a heck of a good store, like what the old hardware stores use to be like, the only problem is of you need something on sunday thats a problem, also there are a few more stores that have popped up run by the mennnonites, fastener store thats almost like fastenal and if you just need a few fasteners for concrete you dont have to buy the whole box and some of the best prices on power tools, i guess the low overhead helps them, shop right on the farm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

I wouldn’t get too excited. Runnings stores here are 100% better than TSC. 

I’m with Chris on this Runnings is hands down better for ag related stuff and it in stock. I know way to much abt in n outs Tsc my ex fiancée was store manager they are after weekend farmer city person with horse n person wants few chickens... sell same junk every year for sales 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

We have a lot of Rural King around. The Big R stores aren’t quite as nice. Depends on the individual stores. The actual Rural King stores have very similar selections. I have been to Fleet Farm stores up North and always liked them better. Much more sporting goods stuff. 

We had 2 Big R stores within 15 minutes of us. They were a good place to buy certain ag items. They have since become "Stock & Field". I won't waste my time going into them, over 1 /2 the shelves are bare & help is non-existent.  Have a TSC nearby as well, its not much better. Like some said, more for the yuppie horse people. Three Rural King stores within an hour drive but quality doesn't impress me. Have a Blaines Farm & Fleet 45 minutes away, wish they were closer but even they are directed toward the hobby farmer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a TSC store here in town and a Rural King 25 mile down the road. LIke the Rural King better cause it has more sporting goods and more choices of boots then TSC. Use the TSC more cause of it being here closer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pt756 said:

in our local area a mennonite has a heck of a good store, like what the old hardware stores use to be like, the only problem is of you need something on sunday thats a problem, also there are a few more stores that have popped up run by the mennnonites, fastener store thats almost like fastenal and if you just need a few fasteners for concrete you dont have to buy the whole box and some of the best prices on power tools, i guess the low overhead helps them, shop right on the farm.

What town are they putting it in ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything you read about TSC in the Midwest is the same here in the Delta. Hobby horse people store.  May be just my experience but I doubt it. May have the bushhog u joint you need if your lucky or a T post but pretty much the city slicker version of a country living store. Or what they think country living is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats funny is ours has surprisingly decent ag stuff.  Fuel tanks, fuel pumps, only honest selection of roller chain parts on the shelf, grease zerxs individually, pto shafts and hitch pins etc.  And jacks...i drive to alllll 3 dealerships locally for a heavy jack for my mixer.  Nothing....last thing...wth tsc.  Here they have a huge selection of Armor jacks.  Grab a 12k pound one and walk out in 5.  Yep tons of damn camo jD undies.  Cheap carhart not the US stuff.  Been grabbing some chicken feed for kids birds few times there.  Purina is purina...

 

It it horse lady leaning...?  Yep...lets face it real fooood prroooduuccers are less than 1.5% of the population today.  You cant have 3 4 big chaon "ag" supply stores when Ag is so far and few.  Like my friend says..." you should go 100% Dairy hay and made a nice living until all the dairy started to get pushed out of Washington now I grow 50 50 horse hay because those people pay better and it's the only way I can stay in business not because I particularly like horses or some horse people"

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Runnings is the best one around here, actually still stock the ag stuff. Bomgars is a good place to buy boots and clothes, I figured that being in Spearfish was why they cater to more of the yuppie/ own a horse and a few acres crowd. There is a TSC in Spearfish too, haven’t bought much there as the few times I have gone there they never have what I need...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

TSC here in Canada is becoming Peavy Mart?  Guess it's a western Canada chain that is taking over all of them.  Be interesting to see what they are like?!

Peavey Mart has been around a long time. They have been getting in to MB here in the last 10 years or so. Used to have a TSC about an hour away from me. Reg price stuff was insane but the sale prices were excellent. Except they never had anything in stock. Sometimes they would order it and sell it at sale price but had to wait. They had a bit of ag stuff but mostly clothes. Again great sale prices just never in stock. Then it became Peavey Mart and I'd say the prices stayed similar but at least they stock a fair bit of stuff. Alot more ag stuff. Sale prices aren't too bad either. They are more like a farm and hardware store. Good clothing section, plumbing, electrical, etc. Depends how it is set up I guess. I have been in some Peavey Marts with much better ag selections. They are also a A&I dealer so can order parts. I myself like Peavy Mart better than TSC except no more dirt cheap dog food lol

Pretty sure Peavey Mart bought out all the Canadian TSC stores when the change happened here but since eastern Canada never had any peavey marts they kept the TSC name. So I doubt you will see much change when the name changes

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

TSC is good for round baler 20k twine,barn cat food,cheap hyd oil for leakers,Howes Fuel Lubricant few other things that's about it,What you buy will be cheaply made but it's more geared toward hobby farmers. We don't have any Rural King stores within a 100 miles so they are out for me.TSC stores are a far cry from the old Central Tractor  Stores  we used to have.TSC was a severe disappointment compared to them when the first one opened .

Link to post
Share on other sites

TSC is better than nothing. Barely. They change the floor plan every two weeks it seems. Most of the stuff is cheap quality. If they do get something good they don't keep it around(fencing material). Baler twine,cat food,kitty litter,dog food and hardware on Sunday. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

TSC, where corporate offices dictate to the managers what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.  Complete disregard for a mangers input. 
But, when you need something to get you by on a weekend, you might find it there. 
The real problem is there aren’t too many places you can go 7 days a week and find what you need. Or the quality you want. It’s all about that bottom dollar. Sadly it’s what this country has become 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tractor supply is just false advertisement. Name will fool you. Nothing but 9n parts on A shelf. Great place for weird horse people to throw $ away. 

Back in the late 80s early 90s they had an awesome Christmas toy section of rows of metal Ertl Toys. Now its just a $50 plastic 1206. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The TSC closest to me,10 minutes, did the most sales in all the US.  I did a little work for the CFO a few years ago.   It is a hobby/horse, 6 chicken place for sure.   Just got some rotella on sale last week for $11 gallon so that was a plus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

TSC, where corporate offices dictate to the managers what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.  Complete disregard for a mangers input. 
But, when you need something to get you by on a weekend, you might find it there. 
The real problem is there aren’t too many places you can go 7 days a week and find what you need. Or the quality you want. It’s all about that bottom dollar. Sadly it’s what this country has become 

Yep,the inventory controls are set in Brentwood. They have to request changes. I'm running high tensile fence . Need corner wraps. Two packages a week is all they get. "Just wait till next week we'll have more". No,I called Kencove and had them in two days. Nuts.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

tsc have been around here for 20 years, up until the past 8 years they were fine but have really went down hill since and the customer service is awful. Rural kings are starting to pop up around here i've been in two and they're much better

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, db1486 said:

Peavey Mart has been around a long time. They have been getting in to MB here in the last 10 years or so. Used to have a TSC about an hour away from me. Reg price stuff was insane but the sale prices were excellent. Except they never had anything in stock. Sometimes they would order it and sell it at sale price but had to wait. They had a bit of ag stuff but mostly clothes. Again great sale prices just never in stock. Then it became Peavey Mart and I'd say the prices stayed similar but at least they stock a fair bit of stuff. Alot more ag stuff. Sale prices aren't too bad either. They are more like a farm and hardware store. Good clothing section, plumbing, electrical, etc. Depends how it is set up I guess. I have been in some Peavey Marts with much better ag selections. They are also a A&I dealer so can order parts. I myself like Peavy Mart better than TSC except no more dirt cheap dog food lol

Pretty sure Peavey Mart bought out all the Canadian TSC stores when the change happened here but since eastern Canada never had any peavey marts they kept the TSC name. So I doubt you will see much change when the name changes

I don't buy my dog food there so should be safe! Lol

I see stock changing here with Peavey, hopefully it's all for the better?  Depends on which store you go to, the closest one to me sucks royally - but the one an hour away is decent.   They have smart employees and have inventory normally. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you farm with JD-50 or 60 a Ford 8n or 9n you do just fine. Have Hydralic oil plus filters plus otherstuff.  When I go to my local Deere store for tractor parts and they tell me the price I tell them 'I don't need you I'm going to tractor supply company and get my parts" for some reason they laugh at me.🤔

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...