DuQuoin or Bust 2021

zleinenbach

1 hour ago, 1586 Jeff said:

If you are even THINKING about driving, let me know.  I would drive over to your place and split the trip with you.

Okay, but you'll have to remember and ping me about it come summertime!

3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:
4 hours ago, Steve C. said:

I know other states are bad, but you would have to search far and wide to find a man that has done more to harm his own state than he has. I’m putting it as nicely as I possibly can. See, when you own a lot of stock in Uhaul you win even when people are leaving in droves

You're right, in Michigan we have a female that has done much worse. Regardless it is a super sad situation when power goes to someone's head, kind of like a pulling tractor with a runaway engine, just step back and watch, it'll only last so long.

1 minute ago, JaredT said:

You're right, in Michigan we have a female that has done much worse. Regardless it is a super sad situation when power goes to someone's head, kind of like a pulling tractor with a runaway engine, just step back and watch, it'll only last so long.

Except you can't run up and stuff a big rag in the intake to shut it down.

22 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

IIRC they have lots of campsites but I don't know about hookups. 

I have hotel rooms and plan to be there. As far as restrictions, I feel like we have to plan on having a show. We have no idea what may happen between now and then. If we start giving up now then we have no chance of having a show. I am the president of one of the oldest shows in the nation and we did our best to hold our annual reunion. We ultimately waited until 2 weeks before our event to cancel. We were in constant contact with our health department, members and the vendors we rely upon to keep everyone informed of our decisions. It would have been easier to cancel earlier than to wait as we did but we were hopeful that we would be able to have a show.

So my point is let's not give up too soon. Plan like it is going to happen. Plan to be there. 

Can I ask what the name of the show is?

9 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Except you can't run up and stuff a big rag in the intake to shut it down.

Well......you could still stop the problem by stuffing a big rag in the intake but I don’t think that method will work out very well for you. ??

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Well......you could still stop the problem by stuffing a big rag in the intake but I don’t think that method will work out very well for you. ??

Might ought to stuff one in the exhaust too, since that appears to be the source of everything he says.

• Haha 3

On 11/26/2020 at 8:37 PM, jingles1928 said:

Wasn't sure I was coming but BBQ chicken and ribs does tip the scale..............If gas isn't $5.00 a gallon.

Don’t worry gas won’t be $5.00 a gallon. 

With Bidet and camel toe in charge it will be $9.99.9 a gallon. 

On 1/2/2021 at 8:38 PM, forwhldrv said:

That’s my thought on it I put in for the time off from work already but not sure   on the travel restrictions by then 

I did the math for a hotel room and rental car for 3 days it's more than what we are willing to spend.  Plus that doesn't count food, etc for 3 of us.  That combined with the uncertainty of the world we live in I just can't justify it.  Sucks, but that's just the reality of the situation for me. I really hope for those that can make it and those putting it on they have a great show.

2022 is in Ohio and I'm really hoping the world will have pulled its head out of it's ass by that point so we can have a great show.  

8 hours ago, drglinski said:

I did the math for a hotel room and rental car for 3 days it's more than what we are willing to spend.  Plus that doesn't count food, etc for 3 of us.  That combined with the uncertainty of the world we live in I just can't justify it.  Sucks, but that's just the reality of the situation for me. I really hope for those that can make it and those putting it on they have a great show.

2022 is in Ohio and I'm really hoping the world will have pulled its head out of it's ass by that point so we can have a great show.  

Yes it’s not looking  good for us going  this year. I was planning on trying to take my daughter to see her grandfather she has never met before on the way he lives up around Duluth and then driving down to the show from there. But with the travel restrictions it’s not looking so good. 

11 hours ago, drglinski said:

Why do you need a rental car? Are you afraid your truck won't make it there? :D

6 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

Why do you need a rental car? Are you afraid your truck won't make it there? :D

Truck has 135K and gets 16 MPG.  Rental car is like 250 for 3 days and gets like 40 MPG.  Leave the truck in the garage.  No question about reliability.  

On 1/3/2021 at 6:29 AM, Diesel Doctor said:

What's the bet on your Governor letting RPRU2021 happen?

Sounds like he is the only one not following his own travel ban.

A3671FFA-5636-4D6C-A47F-D81C402BB0F4.thumb.jpeg.a8e6758df23cc951aaa8b583eae777a7.jpeg

1 hour ago, drglinski said:

Truck has 135K and gets 16 MPG.  Rental car is like 250 for 3 days and gets like 40 MPG.  Leave the truck in the garage.  No question about reliability.  

135K heck it's just broke in good. Well at least for a Ford. You Chevy guys start worrying about making it to town about then I suppose. LOL couldn't resist.

Mine has quite a few more miles and it will be expected to drag a loaded trailer in tow but it is a Ford. You better stick with the rental. 

• Haha 1