1962 Farmall 504 diesel

7 hours ago, John Ryan said:

Here’s today’s update! 

I’ll cover some details later when I have time. Thanks for all the information.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, J-Mech said:

Working on an open engine outside on dirt.  Took the injection pump apart.... pictures of the pump pieces are outside.   I see this ending well.

Better pull that tractor in the barn, then box up the pump and take it to a pump shop that knows how to rebuild it. 

While you are waiting on the pump, do some work on the electrical system and get it in good shape.  Needs all the help it can get to start.  Then flush the fuel system out completely.  If the pump is stuck, it needs flushed. 

?????????????????

• Haha 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And to think, it was stated here it was going to turn into a monument at your place................glad you saved it!

Eason Lilley's 504

Thought this was interesting. The seller of the tractor said it had been sitting 4 years. Randomly thought to look on satellite and see how long it had been sitting. As far back as images go, 2008! Th

Posted Images

Next step for the tractor is diving into the steering issue. As mentioned before, the steering wheel only turns 1/4 left and right. The steering shaft all the way to the steering bolster turns 1/4 left and right (just like the steering wheel). However the knuckle that goes directly into the bolster is not turning at all, locked solid. I raise the front wheels off the ground with my loader and they will turn 1/4 left and right. (Gear lash). Either way that’s the next step, just have to find the time. Thanks again.

39 minutes ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Fantastic!!!    Great Job!!     A Great feeling for all of us!

Perhaps you could help me put the old coil springs on my new struts for my car with the simplicity of a "Diesel Injector Pump overhaul" you just performed!! 

Hahah transferring coil springs to new struts is always fun, and I’ve done many! Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Thought this was interesting. The seller of the tractor said it had been sitting 4 years. Randomly thought to look on satellite and see how long it had been sitting. As far back as images go, 2008! That’s 12 years. And it’s also possible that is sat longer as the satellite images only go back to 2008. It was removed from that exact spot when I got it. Compare the photos! 

1500F0A6-050D-49AA-ADDE-9534E61CC6A3.jpeg

7CB5B99E-88BE-45CF-A3A8-99D8660CDBAD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

John,

Here's a before pic of our 504D. Never needed an overhaul, but pretty much everything else you'd expect we got done. Being ours is a factory wide front, the hydraulic assist steering and related components were particularly crafty ? Let me know if I can help, happy to do so if you need it.

Erich

53456.jpeg

7 hours ago, John Ryan said:

Thought this was interesting. The seller of the tractor said it had been sitting 4 years. Randomly thought to look on satellite and see how long it had been sitting. As far back as images go, 2008! That’s 12 years. And it’s also possible that is sat longer as the satellite images only go back to 2008. It was removed from that exact spot when I got it. Compare the photos! 

And to think, it was stated here it was going to turn into a monument at your place................glad you saved it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1