L650 loader slow dumping

It does sound like they swapped lift and tilt, and tilt works fine.

That means "blow by in the cylinder" is not the cause of the issue. Also eliminates the hoses and couplers on the hoses.

To me it indicates that the problem is either one of the couplers on the tractor, or internal to the valve.

Did you try swapping back? Did the problem return?

Don't forget to check cable adjustment, almost sounds like your not stroking the spool far enough. I have seen then lose adjustment due to wear or coming loose. This would pertain more to the remote mounted loader valve that is on front of right rear axle group. 

• Like 1

Hydraulic self leveling valves I'm familiar with are actualy flow divders that divide off part of return from top of lift cylinders and add it to base of tilt cylinder. I fail to see how that can restrict tilt speed. So my first answer still stands until someone can show me my error. Want to know is lift slow to drop now?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, snoshoe said:

Hydraulic self leveling valves I'm familiar with are actualy flow divders that divide off part of return from top of lift cylinders and add it to base of tilt cylinder. I fail to see how that can restrict tilt speed. So my first answer still stands until someone can show me my error. Want to know is lift slow to drop now?

I haven’t been into the self leveling valve on my loader, but I know it can do some odd stuff.  It apparently can relief the tilt circuit for one.  Also pretty sure the tilt compensation is adjustable.  

Well I learned something.  Those were made by Matcor.  Nothing to do with Great Bend evidently.  

One thing worth mentioning about CIH labeled loaders.  It is necessary to be specific about what the exact loader in question is because CIH reused model numbers a few times.  I know in the parts look up there are two quite different L750s.

16 hours ago, FisherFarms said:

tilts down very slowly at high rpms and will not tilt down at all with low rpms

I find this a bit puzzling.  Those loaders are not particularly sensitive to increased engine speed above say 1300 rpm or so.  At that point the loader is getting the max flow and pressure it’s gonna get.  Just the nature of the system.  I am wondering if it is possible the compensator signal is getting lost from the spool normal used for the tilt circuit.  To test this possibility, lock one of the rear remote valves in the “on” position (known as deadheading), not in float, and see if the tilt then works normally.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:11 AM, FisherFarms said:

New to us MX120 with L650 self leveling loader tilts down very slowly at high rpms and will not tilt down at all with low rpms. Everyone we have talked to has mentioned blow by in cylinder. We swapped lift and tilt hoses at the quick connector and it tilts down fine. 

What about the other way?  Slow too? Or normal?