Thanksgiving news

My wife was exposed to the Covid virus at work. She went to a test they scheduled for her today and we will hear from them on Thursday if I understand correctly. Kids are bummed that we won't be going to the cousins for Thanksgiving. All but the youngest has had flu like symptoms. Praying I didn't get it spread around before we found out that she was exposed. 

Actually it looks like Friday or Monday to find out after talking to her as she just got home

• Sad 8

That’s no good. Sadly there has been a lot of that going on. Just stinks it has to be around holidays and such. Hang in there. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that.  My Wife called in to work on Saturday and said she was coming in a bit late as she had a sore throat and a stuffy nose. Which was gone in a few hours! She was told to get a Covid test and stay home until results were in and she should quarantine for 2 weeks!

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, bitty said:

Praying I didn't get it spread around before we found out that she was exposed. 

Dont put a feeling of guilt in yourself.  Its becoming pretty apparent that "exposure" is pretty much anything you need to do in your daily life.  

All we can really do is practice good hygiene and if you're actually sick stay home.  You cant spend every day of your life acting like your diseased.  

• Like 8
50 minutes ago, TomH said:

Sorry to hear that.  My Wife called in to work on Saturday and said she was coming in a bit late as she had a sore throat and a stuffy nose. Which was gone in a few hours! She was told to get a Covid test and stay home until results were in and she should quarantine for 2 weeks!

My wife, 3rd grade teacher for 37 yrs, has went through the test/wait cycle 2 times this school year. Negative both times. Huge shortage of sub teachers around here.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear Bitty. Will be in thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you get good news Will be bury MIL on friday they say covid but from what her boys told me I belive it was other health problems as she had alot.  Take care and wishing you the best.

• Sad 2

My sister in law is a reading teacher for the entire rural district we all live in, just found out she has tested positive after following all th e precautions, no thanksgiving for us this year😎(will be praying 🙏 for your family along with the rest of the nation during this holiday season)😎

• Like 1

FWIW, today is my last day of being in quarantine for Covid-19. Got sick on Friday the 13th, got tested on Saturday the 14th....tested positive. So had to be in quarantine all this time. Did have a fever for a couple days, minor headaches, but that's about it. What was the strangest thing to me was that I had good appetite all this time. Its sure a strange thing that affects different people differently. My wife has been with me the entire time of this....never has even had so much as a sniffle.

Stay safe out there....its not a lot of fun. And yes, I had been wearing a mask for 2+ weeks before I was diagnosed.

Is she showing any symptoms bitty?

I am not trying to make light of this but I am not sure I am 100% sold on the validity of the testing procedures or results. 

The real or perceived dangers of this flu virus has caused an awful lot of disruption to daily lives. 

Hope and pray for good results for you, your wife and family. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, SDman said:

And yes, I had been wearing a mask for 2+ weeks before I was diagnosed.

So the mask didn’t work?! 🤔🤔   Sounds about right! I’ve been hearing that a lot of people in Minnesota that have been testing positive have been mask wearers?!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bitty said:

My wife was exposed to the Covid virus at work. She went to a test they scheduled for her today and we will hear from them on Thursday if I understand correctly. Kids are bummed that we won't be going to the cousins for Thanksgiving. All but the youngest has had flu like symptoms. Praying I didn't get it spread around before we found out that she was exposed. 

Actually it looks like Friday or Monday to find out after talking to her as she just got home

Come to Minnesota, or my wife and I can come to PA! My wife was tested yesterday, pretty sure she has it, no taste or smell.  I’m thinking I might be getting it now?? We could have a covidgiving!!! 😬😬🤣😷

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Is she showing any symptoms bitty?

I am not trying to make light of this but I am not sure I am 100% sold on the validity of the testing procedures or results. 

The real or perceived dangers of this flu virus has caused an awful lot of disruption to daily lives. 

Hope and pray for good results for you, your wife and family. 

5 of us 6 came down with flue like symptoms. Fever mainly type no stomach type symptoms. I agree with you on the testing being not the best

• Like 2

My Dad just came off quarantine last week. Just the sniffles mainly. He worked the entire time since he can easily quarantine in the dozer. I had two uncles and an aunt with it at the same time and they all had basically the same symptoms. I don't doubt the severity of it with some people. I too wonder though if the tests are accurate and normal head colds are showing as positives. We were worried about Mom getting it from Dad but she never showed any symptoms which is great because she has asthma. 

My Wife is a therapist at a nursing home and is tested twice a week. Her being tested so often pretty much negates any need for me to test. I work alone most of the time and other than the parts guys at a few places I don't see many people. 

Hope everyone has only minor if any symptoms bitty. Daughter had it  with minor symptoms and is back to work now for last couple of weeks. Our son who lives with her was in quartine also, never showed symptoms nor tested pos. Now 2 weeks after quarantine  and well after he would have been exposed, he has cold like symptoms so who knows. He usually  gets a cold every year on the week of Thanksgiving tho.🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Not doing much this year for the holiday. In laws dont have a big enough house and too many people to spread out much. Actually looking forward to just relaxing at home.

Sending prayers Bitty.  Saturday morning October 17th my coworker started to not feel right.  By Sunday afternoon he was burning up with a 103 fever.  Went for a test Monday morning the 19th and he had it.  He had all the symptoms, fever, lack of taste ect ect...  By the end of the second week his wife had it as well.  Now with both of them sick at that point they had 20 head of cattle to attend to as well as other animals on their small farm.  His wife recovered within a week without to many issues.  My coworker on the other hand was hit hard.  After getting over it he had a secondary lung infection 2 weeks ago and a touch of pneumonia last week.  This week he is finally good enough to go out and start doing stuff and return to simple things like driving.  Before he got sick I rode with him in township vehicles everyday up until the day before he got sick.  As of yet myself and my household have not had any signs or symptoms of the virus.  In my coworkers case things do hit him harder because he only has one kidney due to having the other removed about 10 years ago due to cancer.  I am hoping he returns to work on Monday as it has been tricky and busy to keep up with things by myself the past 5 1/2 weeks.  Stay safe everyone.

• Sad 1

Bitty, i sure hope your family clears all this quickly and safely. Hang in there, you are all in our thoughts and prayers here in VT. 

35 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Bitty, i sure hope your family clears all this quickly and safely. Hang in there, you are all in our thoughts and prayers here in VT. 

What he said^^^^!

For what it’s worth Tim, Happy Thanksgiving 🤞🙏

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

So the mask didn’t work?! 🤔🤔   Sounds about right! I’ve been hearing that a lot of people in Minnesota that have been testing positive have been mask wearers?!

Huh....imagine that.  Yet we are forced to wear them with no end date.  

• Like 1
On 11/24/2020 at 5:37 PM, sandhiller said:

Test results came back positive (if accurate) today

• Sad 2