Probably a Deere guy that had a 2640. Drove this and found out it's everything the 2640 should have been. So he painted her green to match the rest of his fleet 

• Like 6

Ugly as sin.

I've heard tell from guys in the two cylinder club that Deere would paint a tractor any color ordered, provided the customer paid (presumably handsomely) for it. Someone even shared a picture of one on here recently.

My guess is, something similar happened here. Some green snob with his government job wrote into a spec that the new tractor quoted for purchase with the people's money had to be green and yellow because it's what HE liked. IH guy comes back with a quote and "eff you it's green. And by the way, you're required by law to take the lowest bid that meets spec".

At least, in my head that's how it happened, and I like the story!!

• Like 1

looks like a rattle can job to me ,green over spray on the black grill. I guess if you are diehard green, whatever floats your boat.

If they green and yellow paint scheme is there thing, i wonder why they don't get there vehicles painted that way ?

One of the bodyshops I worked at we got a brand new Agco Allis in before the farmer would take delivery we had to take it apart and paint it Oliver green he was a Oliver guy.

To each their own.

My 826 had gold hoods and fenders when new. My neighbor, the original owner, wouldn't have a gold tractor so the dealer repainted it red before they delivered it. 

Thx-Ace 

10 minutes ago, acem said:

To each their own.

My 826 had gold hoods and fenders when new. My neighbor, the original owner, wouldn't have a gold tractor so the dealer repainted it red before they delivered it. 

Thx-Ace 

Sounds like you have a Gold Demonstrator. It's worth a bit of $$.

That's awesome! :)  

I used to save all these pictures of wrong painted tractors but I deleted them some time ago for storage reasons.   A Ford New Holland 8670 painted green and yellow almost looked legit! 

53 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

That’s the special green eagle demonstrator model . Rare one off collectors item. 
639EA400-3958-4490-A6FA-ECAE12CDAF7B.thumb.png.22596d016e03c74046862331cb17edfb.png

I think you mean puking buzzard! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1