Someone’s in trouble

15 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

That will buff out, but this needs a little work!!!!!

c1_1808484.jpg

No, that needs another half a car... 😊

• Like 1

Guess we know why the shops insurance premium went up. 

danf, 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

No, that needs another half a car... 😊

Late 60s I had a friend who started a body shop in new Westminster, he got two wrecked 68 cudas, one write off was the front, the other write off was rear, he cut them in half glued them together and made a great looking car with a 340 four speed, didn’t dog track straight arrow driver, then he did a custom paint job, a real looker, nowadays that type of work is commonplace but back then sandy was ahead of his time.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Late 60s I had a friend who started a body shop in new Westminster, he got two wrecked 68 cudas, one write off was the front, the other write off was rear, he cut them in half glued them together and made a great looking car with a 340 four speed, didn’t dog track straight arrow driver, then he did a custom paint job, a real looker, nowadays that type of work is commonplace but back then sandy was ahead of his time.

Called a "cut and shut" and said to be both illegal and dangerous. Welds become weak points and fail dramatically in a crash. Google it, some nasty photos on a documentary I saw.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, New Englander said:

Called a "cut and shut" and said to be both illegal and dangerous. Welds become weak points and fail dramatically in a crash. Google it, some nasty photos on a documentary I saw.

Hey New England, like I said that was the first I had seen it in the 60s, I don’t recall if the cars had ladder frames or not, or a Chevy style clip or a unibody, your right nowadays because shoddy shysters are at work and they try to pan it off as good, he also did work on a another acquaintance I had, a 55 Chevy bringing in the rear axle 10 inches or so sort of gasser style, but stuff we did then you would be laffed off the track now, when I finished up they were just bring in bulletproof bell housings, Schaefer clutches were the hot item, driveline straps, it just got to expensive to be safe and this was bracketed racing also but rules were rules.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Hey New England, like I said that was the first I had seen it in the 60s, I don’t recall if the cars had ladder frames or not, or a Chevy style clip or a unibody, your right nowadays because shoddy shysters are at work and they try to pan it off as good, he also did work on a another acquaintance I had, a 55 Chevy bringing in the rear axle 10 inches or so sort of gasser style, but stuff we did then you would be laffed off the track now, when I finished up they were just bring in bulletproof bell housings, Schaefer clutches were the hot item, driveline straps, it just got to expensive to be safe and this was bracketed racing also but rules were rules.

I think you can do what you want with a body on frame but unibody weld-em-together is a no-no, especially with today's steel; might have been ok back then.

Funny thing about scatter shields. I was crewing on a B modified production car back in the '60s. I'd been up all night and was dozing off in the pits even with all the noise when a piece of flywheel with a bolt and a little piece of pressure plate cover still attached came bouncing through. Pretty amazing how it went right through a bellhousing like that. Brought the whole scatter shield issue home.

• Like 2

Reminds me of a fellow named Melvin that sold used cars.  Melvin liked K-Cars.  He had two that he had previously sold and both had gotten wrecked.  One in the front and the other in the back.

Melvin being Melvin he took the good front half and the good back half and very neatly joined them at the B Pillar.

With POP RIVETS!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1