HCMC Burn unit

Cattech

On 11/23/2020 at 4:09 PM, Cattech said:

I appreciate all the support guys, hearing complete strangers sending prayers for a speedy and painless recovery is humbling and inspiring. I can only hope I am able to repay the favor to everyone someday.

So far, yes - thanking the ghost or angel that has watched over me... my eyesight seems really good. They have managed my pain well, just as mentioned, when it comes to cleaning and debriding, no normal human painkiller is going to control that! And my nurse... zero mercy and just as little empathy, but a pro who is willing to work with you. 

How are you doing?

are you out yet or going home soon ?

Cattech, I really feel for you.  I did something extremely stupid a few years back and burned half my lips and jaw with a hand held MAP gas torch a few years ago.  I remember the extreme pain very well.  I ended up with only second degree burns per the doctor.  You have my sympathy.

Get well,

Dan

Prayers for you and a speedy recovery. Just saw this thread . I didn't know what the acronym was about

On 11/22/2020 at 9:37 PM, Cattech said:

Yes, HCMC is Hennepin County Medical Center. Supposed to be one of the best burn treatment places around.

As to me....

20201117_200517.thumb.jpg.2f9f19969ad0a6f46ace75fe4aa67a8c.jpg

boy oh boy you were lucky - painful to say the least, not a very good way to get rid of facial hair as I can attest. 

dad had me spraying ether in a riding lawn mower for him while he pulled rope when i was around 7 or 8 - she backfired and belched the spray right back into my face, caught me on fire full on face - burned half my hair off my head to about my ears before dad got me snuffed out, i froze in panic - as you know it happens so fast 

I have been petrified of gas of any kind ever since - my lips blistered together and they had to cut the corner open so i could eat thru a straw. Long healing process. SSD Cream is your friend - I get it from a vet supply. Prep H is a great burn friend too it numbs and lubricates. 

i hope you are back home, I pray for little scaring and even less pain - you have a LOT to be thankful for today !!!

robert

• Like 1

Looks pretty rough and painful, hope your pain is managed as best as it can be.

get healthy and I will stop by next time I visit dad and mom, we can have a beer and kick back

Well, it has been a few days and honestly I'm just coming out of the drunken stupor they had me in. I read a few texts I sent out, and wow, I must have been pretty Flippin out of it.

So, pain wise, HCMC has done a good job.

As to healing up, the doctors are pretty impressed....... pics I took this morning...

16068574970105566504310767434250.thumb.jpg.f68bb8753099315b27daae0e7c207ef0.jpg20201201_132417.thumb.jpg.9994e971a5a28bcbfeffff9c7eb3620f.jpg20201201_132327.thumb.jpg.5c3fb94ae806cb298d8866293f51a081.jpg16068575771257154603461439622798.thumb.jpg.671ffd0ceb513cbda92928ac06b7db28.jpg

• Sad 1

Face looks great ,keep up the hard work , healing burns is a long long process??

On 11/26/2020 at 5:56 AM, Tobaccoman said:

Hope you make a speedy recovery! But I can't believe nobody else stated this, so I will.

NEVER, and I mean ever, use gasoline to BURN ANYTHING.

There are safer alternatives, i.e., kerosene or diesel fuel. Be safe out there.

Here's the dumbest part, the fire was already established. I have acosted guys for this very action on this very site. Don't use gasoline!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nate said:

Looks like you are making good progress on healing.    That skin on your fingers is going to be tender snowmobiling!

Yeah, don't know how much riding will be happening this yr. Not only do I have the easy to get cold skin, but all this new skin is far more susceptible to sun burn too.

Never did get that new sled and with inventories so low.....not looking to be a buyer's market this year. 

Glad to see your doing better. 

Never count out a ride, they just might be a short one this year

Hope you get well soon. Brings back memories when I was in hi school my buddy had a DC Case we were working on in shop class. The float for the carb had a leak. After school one night we decided we were going to solder the float. I guess we thought all the gas had drained out of the float but I think it was actually full of gas yet. Well I started soldering it and lets just say it blew up in my face. Burned one side of my face pretty bad. I missed a few days of school and went to school a few days looking like a mummy. One side affect I noticed a few years after is that side of my face would get really irritated when we would harvest sunflowers from the dust. It did seem to go away though