HCMC Burn unit

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been posting or chipping in my 2 cents as normal over this last week.

Gotta admit. Made about the dumbest, and definitely the most serious, mistake of my life this last week. 

Had a plastic gas can with about 4 gallons old gas in it. I have been tripping over the thing, spilling gas... accident waiting to happen. For a few yrs.

Well, I also had a huge stack of cardboard to get rid of. 

Great idea,burn the gasoline. 

Don't know exactly went wrong first, the gas was still highly explosive once it attained enough temp, the can split split wide open. The nylon jacket I was wearing melted and burned with as much guttso as the gas.

I didn't escape this inferno unscathed. But have to give the burn crew here in MPLS credit for the courteous and professional response to my injuries. 

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update.... I MADE IT HOME 🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃! My buddy is so happy to see me. He hasn't quit drooling since I got here. Finally was able to look at the scene of the incident. I had suspected

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been posting or chipping in my 2 cents as normal over this last week. Gotta admit. Made about the dumbest, and definitely the most serious, mistake of my li

Yes, HCMC is Hennepin County Medical Center. Supposed to be one of the best burn treatment places around. As to me....

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Cattech said:

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been posting or chipping in my 2 cents as normal over this last week.

Gotta admit. Made about the dumbest, and definitely the most serious, mistake of my life this last week. 

Had plastic gas can with about 4 gallons old gas in it. I have been tripping over the thing, spilling gas... accident waiting to happen. 

Hope all is good. I take it HCMC is Hennepin county medical center?if it is right prayers for a speedy recovery.

Holy crap!  Glad your in some of the best hands there are.  Wishing you a speedy recovery and happy your still with us

Holy chit man! My brothers friend in high school Had a severe gasoline burn incident, spent an extended period in Albany, skin grafts etc, though on his arms and chest not his face! I am glad you are still among us! Prayers for a speedy recovery! I hope you are outa there soon and back onto  life and work!  That is no way to take a vacation . 

Dang 😳 get well soon 

Danny

Glad your doing better and in good hands. Gas is no joke, had a similar experience with gas and fire myself 20 years ago. Luckily I only had burns to the top of my head and above my eyes and hands. I blame that on me going bald😜. Will pray that you have a speedy recovery. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery !! Burns are one of the most painful injuries , hoping they are keeping you comfortable with some good medications . 

Prayers sent out bud! I had 2nd degree burns over my entire face in 6th grade. Not fun at all. Had polysporin over my face for months. Hurts like heck but youll be good as new in no time. Mayo was my saviour that night. Let me tell ya that 30 minute ride to St. Marys was one of the most painful  of my life.

We feel for you ! 🙏 
please don’t take this wrong but follow the healing procedures to the letter. 
Oh ️if you have sugar you must get your numbers down .

Take care , and listen to the doctors , Best of luck

Kevin

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 660 driver said:

Prayers sent out bud! I had 2nd degree burns over my entire face in 6th grade. Not fun at all. Had polysporin over my face for months. Hurts like heck but youll be good as new in no time. Mayo was my saviour that night. Let me tell ya that 30 minute ride to St. Marys was one of the most painful  of my life.

Surprising how many patients were treated in St Mary’s hospital over the years.